1. Ebenezer1 Ledyard was born in 1668 at Bradford, England. He died before 1719.
Known children of Ebenezer1 Ledyard include:
2. i. John2 Ledyard, born 1700 at Bristol, England; married Deborah Youngs; married Mary Austin.
ii. Caleb Ledyard was baptized on 13 Oct 1702.
iii. Isaac Ledyard was baptized on 13 Oct 1703 at Bristol, England. He married Elizabeth Saltonstall, daughter of Gov. Gurdon Saltonstall and Jerusha Richards, on 4 Aug 1736 at New London, CT; 2nd husband. He died at Surinam, Dutch Guiana.
He resided at New London, CT.
iv. William Ledyard was baptized on 21 Jan 1704.
v. Nathaniel Ledyard was baptized on 10 Mar 1705.
vi. Ebenezer Ledyard was born circa 1708.
vii. Elizabeth Ledyard was born circa 1710.
viii. Mary Ledyard was born circa 1712.
2. John2 Ledyard (Ebenezer1) was born in 1700 at Bristol, England. He married Deborah Youngs, daughter of Capt. Benjamin Youngs and Mary Grover, circa 1727 at Southold, NY; 1st wife. He married Mary Austin, daughter of John Austin and Mary Stanley, circa 1747; 2nd husband, 2nd wife. He died on 3 Sep 1771 at Hartford, CT. He was buried at Old Centre Burying Ground, Hartford, CT.
He immigrated circa 1717 to Southold, NY. He resided at Southold, NY. He resided at Groton, CT. He resided at Hartford, CT. He left a will on 8 May 1771; proved 6 Sep 1771.
Deborah Youngs was born on 14 Feb 1704/5 at Southold, NY. She died on 18 Mar 1747/48 at age 43.
Known children of John2 Ledyard and Deborah Youngs were as follows:
Mary Austin was born in 1715. She married John Ellery, son of John Ellery and Jane Bonner, on 28 Jul 1737; 1st husband, 2nd wife. She died on 25 Nov 1797.
i. Capt. John3 Ledyard was born on 27 Jul 1729 at Groton, CT. He married Abigail Hempstead, daughter of Robert Hempstead and Mary Youngs, on 6 May 1750; 1st husband. He died on 17 Mar 1762 at at sea at age 32.
He was a sea captain. He and Abigail Hempstead resided at Groton, CT. He and Abigail Hempstead had 6 children.
ii. Capt. Youngs Ledyard was born on 24 Jan 1731 at Groton, CT. He married Amelia Mary Avery, daughter of Col. Ebenezer Avery and Lucy Latham, on 8 Jun 1748; 1st husband. He died on 4 Apr 1762 at at sea at age 31; on voyage to the West Indies.
He and Amelia Mary Avery had 8 children.
iii. Deborah Ledyard was baptized on 9 Jul 1732 at Groton, CT. She married Capt. John Coleman. She died on 23 May 1757 at Hartford, CT, at age 24.
She and Capt. John Coleman had 4 children.
iv. Mary Ledyard was baptized on 15 Jun 1735 at Groton, CT. She married Col. Thomas Seymour Jr., son of Capt. Thomas Seymour and Hepzibah Merrill, at Hartford, CT. She died on 27 Aug 1807 at Hartford, CT, at age 72.
She and Col. Thomas Seymour Jr. had 7 children.
v. Ebenezer Ledyard was born on 9 May 1736 at Groton, CT. He married Mary Latham; 1st wife. He married Elizabeth Gardner, daughter of David Gardener and Elizabeth; 2nd wife. He died on 29 Sep 1811 at Groton, CT, at age 75.
He and Mary Latham had 10 children.
vi. Col. William Ledyard was born on 6 Dec 1738 at Groton, CT. He married Annie Williams, daughter of Nathaniel Williams and Amy Hewitt, on 8 Jan 1761. He died on 6 Sep 1781 at Ft. Griswold, CT, at age 42.
He was Colonel in command of Ft. Griswold when the garrison was murdered by the British after surrendering.
vii. Dr. Nathaniel Ledyard was born on 21 Dec 1740 at Groton, CT. He married Hepzibah Seymour, daughter of Capt. Thomas Seymour and Hepzibah Merrill; 1st husband. He died on 1 Jun 1766 at Hartford, CT, at age 25.
He was a physician.
viii. Elizabeth Ledyard was born on 17 Jun 1743 at Groton, CT. She died on 27 Mar 1832 at New York, NY, at age 88; unmarried. She was buried at Vandervoort Vault at the New York Marble Cemetery, New York, NY.
ix. Sarah Ledyard was born on 21 Jul 1745. She married Pieter L. Vandervoort, son of Pieter Vandervoort and Metje Vanderhoef, on 22 Jan 1765. She died in 1794 at Manhattan, NY.
x. Experience Ledyard was born on 5 Mar 1747. She was baptized on 5 Apr 1747 at Groton, CT. She married William Ellery, son of John Ellery and Mary Austin; 2nd wife. She died on 25 Mar 1773 at age 25.
Known children of John2 Ledyard and Mary Austin were as follows:
i. Abigail3 Ledyard was born in 1748 at Hartford, CT. She married Col. Samuel Talcott Jr., son of Col. Samuel Talcott and Mabel Wyllys, on 24 Dec 1767 at Hartford, CT.
ii. Austin Ledyard was born in 1751 at Hartford, CT. He married Sarah Sheldon, daughter of Joseph Sheldon and Sarah Collier; 1st husband. He died on 11 Sep 1776 at Hartford, CT.
iii. Lucy Ledyard died; unmarried.
3. iv. Lucretia Ledyard, born 22 Feb 1756 at Hartford, CT; married Richardson Sands; married Maj. Gen. Ebenezer Stevens.
4. v. Ann Ledyard, born 14 Dec 1757 at Hartford, CT; married Andrew Hodge Jr.
3. Lucretia3 Ledyard (John2, Ebenezer1) was born on 22 Feb 1756 at Hartford, CT. She married Richardson Sands, son of John Sands and Elizabeth Cornell, in 1777 at Philadelphia, PA; 1st husband. She married Ebenezer Stevens, son of Ebenezer Stevens and Elizabeth Weld, on 4 May 1784 at New York, NY; 2nd wife, 2nd husband. She died on 2 Jul 1846 at Astoria, NY, at age 90.
Richardson Sands was born on 13 Jun 1754 at 'Island Farm', Sands Point, Long Island, NY. He died on 15 Jan 1783 at Philadelphia, PA, at age 28.
Maj. Gen. Ebenezer Stevens was born on 12 Aug 1751 at Boston, MA. He married Rebecca Hodgdon, daughter of Benjamin Hodgdon and Rebecca Marshall, on 11 Oct 1774 at Providence, RI; 1st wife. He died on 2 Sep 1823 at Rockaway, NY, at age 72. He was buried at Astoria, NY. He was a merchant. He was a Lt. Col. during the Revolutionary War in Nov 1778. He was a Major General of militia during the War of 1812 on 27 Mar 1807. He left a will on 26 Feb 1820 at New York, NY; proved 3 May 1824.
4. Ann3 Ledyard (John2, Ebenezer1) was born on 14 Dec 1757 at Hartford, CT. She married Andrew Hodge Jr., son of Andrew Hodge and Jane McCulloch, on 6 Sep 1781 at Philadelphia, PA. She died on 8 Nov 1848 at age 90.
Andrew Hodge Jr was born in Apr 1753. He died on 10 May 1835 at age 82. He resided at Philadelphia, PA.
Known children of Ann3 Ledyard and Andrew Hodge Jr. include:
i. Ann Maria4 Hodge was born on 17 Nov 1794 at Philadelphia, PA. She married Austin Ledyard Sands, son of Richardson Sands and Lucretia Ledyard. She died on 31 Jan 1876 at age 81.
5. John Austin4 Stevens (Lucretia3 Ledyard, John2, Ebenezer1) married Abigail Perkins Weld.
6. Lucretia Ledyard5 Stevens (John4, Lucretia3 Ledyard, John2, Ebenezer1) married John Gustave Richard Heckscher.
11. Stevens6 Heckscher (Lucretia5 Stevens, John4, Lucretia3 Ledyard, John2, Ebenezer1) married Henrietta Armitt Brown.
22. Lucretia Stevens7 Heckscher (Stevens6, Lucretia5 Stevens, John4, Lucretia3 Ledyard, John2, Ebenezer1) married Joseph Harrison Jr.
48. Henrietta Armitt8 Harrison (Lucretia7 Heckscher, Stevens6, Lucretia5 Stevens, John4, Lucretia3 Ledyard, John2, Ebenezer1) married Julian McIlvaine Marshall.
88. John Randolph9 Marshall (Henrietta8 Harrison, Lucretia7 Heckscher, Stevens6, Lucretia5 Stevens, John4, Lucretia3 Ledyard, John2, Ebenezer1) married Deborah Lynn Reilly.
Pedigree Base - Marshall
11 - Stevens Heckscher
2 - John Ledyard
Marshall Genealogy Family Index
Marshall Genealogy Bibliography
Marshall Genealogy Page
The Master Genealogist for Windows
Last Changes made on: 10/21/04 Created by John Marshall