Clay Hill School, Livingston County, Missouri
Clay Hill School
Livingston County, Missouri
Clay Hill School was located in the northwest quarter of Section 9, Mooresville Township, Livingston County. William Voorhees (1837-1911) and his wife Jane Rounds (1838-1890)
deeded "one square acre" to School District No. 8, Township 57 Range 25, on July 26, 1879.
The school was in continuous use from 1880 until it closed in 1927, after
which pupils attended the consolidated school in Mooresville. After the school closed it was used for a number of years by Clyde Roberts
(1887-1967) who kept bees there. The building was still standing in 1982,
though in poor condition, and was subsequently razed.
Thanks to Mrs. Betty J. Walker of Sampsel, Missouri, for sharing this photo!
Clay Hill School in 1913