Gable Family of the South
Bernheim, G. D., History of the German Settlements and of the Lutheran Church in North and South Carolina (Philadelphia: The Lutheran Book Store, 1872).
Cook, H. T., The Hard Labor Section (N. p.: N. p., ; repr. 1993). Map by Emmett I. Davis. Indices by Wilma C. Kirkland added to 1993 repr.
Faust, Albert B., The German Element in the United States, with special reference to its political, moral, social, and educational influence (Boston and New York: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1927). 2nd ed. 2 vols.
Holcomb, Brett H., Memorialized Records of Lexington District, South Carolina, 1814-1825 (N. p., N. p., 1989).
Holcomb, Brett, ed., South Carolina, Records and Reference (Orem, Utah: Ancestry.com, 1999). CD-Rom, comprising:
- Marriages and Death Notices from Baptist Newspapers of South Carolina. Vol. I: 1835-65; Vol. II: 1866-87
- Marriage and Death Notices from the Charleston Observer, 1827-45
- Associated Reformed Presbyterian Death & Marriage Notices from the Christian Magazine of the South, the Erskine Miscellany, and the Due West Telescope. Vol. I: 1843-65; Vol. II: 1866-88
- Marriage and Death Notices from Columbia, South Carolina, Newspapers 1838-1860 (Including Legal Notices from Burnt Counties)
- Record of Deaths in Columbia, South Carolina, and Elsewhere as Recorded by John Glass 1859-1877
- Marriage and Death Notices from the Up-Country of South Carolina as Taken from Greenville Newspapers 1826-1863
- Marriage and Death Notices from the Lutheran Observer, 1831-1861, and the Southern Lutheran, 1861-1865
- Death and Obituary Notices from the Southern Christian Advocate, 1867-1878
- Marriage Notices from the Southern Christian Advocate, 1867-1878
- York, South Carolina, Newspapers: Marriage and Death Notices, 1823-1865
- South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, vols. 1-20
Hervey, Donald G., Mayflower to the Moon: Herveys & Gables (Houston: Passim Press, 1980).
Meriwether, Robert L., The Expansion of South Carolina, 1729-1765 (Kingsport: Southern Publishers, 1940; repr. Philadelphia: Porcupine Press, 1974).
Price, Zelma W., Of Whom I Came; From Whence I Came - Wells-wise, Rish-wise and Otherwise (Greenville, MS: Privately printed, 1962), vol. 3 ["The Gable Volume"].
Salley, Alexander S., Jr., The History of Orangeburg County, from its first settlement to the close of the Revolutionary War (Orangeburg: N. p., 1898; repr. Baltimore: Regional Publishing Co., 1969, 1978; repr. Baltimore: Clearfield Company, 1994).
Schweitzer, George K., South Carolina Genealogical Research (Knoxville: N. p., 1985).
Last Updated 7-30-99