It's a "list-serve" email discussion group
for members of The Beatty Project 2000.
Pete Beatty ([email protected])
is the Administrator of our discussion group. You can join the email list
just like you do other RootsWeb email list:
For the digest version, send a message to:
and put the word SUBSCRIBE in the body and NOTHING else. For the regular
version: send to
[email protected] and put the word SUBSCRIBE in the body and
When you join the Beatty Project 2000, you are automatically added to the email
discussion list. Here are the rules and how to join.
The Beatty Project 2000 Membership
Requirements And Policies:
- Individuals must submit their Beatty lineage. This requirement has greatly
increased our Beatty database which increases the probability of making connections for
members. We have this "give-to-get" requirement simply because some would never
take the time to submit their information in the process of having queries answered.
- All information submitted to 2000 remains the property of the submitter.
- Applicants must agree not to share or transmit BEATTY PROJECT 2000
information [other than their own] to non-members. Reasons for this include (a) the
information is the property of others, (b) we have agreements with some sources to share
their information ONLY within our organization, and (c) basic philosophy that each of us
should contribute to 2000 in order to receive the information/work of others.
- Members are encouraged to contribute additional information/research time when possible.
The U.S. Census Project is being possible only because some members are devoting many
hours to reviewing microfilms, recording information, organizing it, etc.
- Applicants must submit their legal name, address, and telephone number. With our growing
membership of individuals not on-line we be mailing some documents in the future. Address
and telephone numbers are held confidential. Members receive only other members' names and
- The Beatty Project 2000 charges no fees. Members off-line pay only mailing costs and
printing costs of materials received. No other fees are currently charged or anticipated
| Procedures For Membership Processing
- Send your statement that you agree to abide by the above polices.
- Send your Beatty lineage information. Preferably a GEDCOM file formatted for IBM and
Family Tree Maker. If it is a small file (under 1.44 Megabytes) you can send the actual
FTM file as an attachment to an email message. If neither of these options are
viable...then you can send the information in a MSWord file attached to your email
message. If that doesn't work then you can type the information into an email message.
- Email (1) and (2) to: Mike Allen at [email protected].