OCTOber 2004


Written and Published Online by Rex Redmon, Greenville, SC.

w/contributing articles by cousin John Silver


Greetings Everyone,


Today is September 28 and I am three days behind writing October’s Newsletter. Actually I am more than three days behind because the letter should have been sent to Barney on the 25th so he could begin his process of editing and getting it posted to the Silver Family website. My PC crashed about ten days ago when I tried to install a high speed service and quite honestly, with everything going on in my life, I have only just now got the PC up and running again -- however, still without high speed service. I spent two hours today talking to a lady in New Delhi, India, who by the way works for Compaq, and we finally got all the errors corrected. Yet at the expense of losing every file, every e-mail address and every program that was on my PC. These problems were enough to make a preacher cuss let alone an elder in the Presbyterian Church.

I’m hoping everyone is feeling well and your families the same. For those of us on the east coast we have certainly had our share of trying weather haven’t we? Rain, rain, rain, some more rain and then all the terrible wind as a result of hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and now Jeanne. Jeanne blew through Greenville last night leaving 4.5” of rain in her path. Hurricanes are bad enough indeed, however I do question the integrity of the people who name hurricanes. For heavens sake, why name Hurricanes by the names of Charley and Frances? Apparently they are not familiar with the legends of our Silver family! Appears as if those who name hurricanes have stirred up a hornets’ nest using the names Charley and Francis in one year.

I wrote of being busy and that certainly is the truth.  I unintentionally missed attending two local Silver Family reunions because of other priorities. The Creed Fulton Silver (Jacob William, Rev. Thomas, George Jr., George Sr.) family reunion was held in Asheville, North Carolina on Labor Day weekend. According to cousin Mel Squires, organizer of the event, her aunt Maude King, 93, was the only one of Creed Fulton and Lillie Silver’s remaining four children able to attend the event, and, she drove herself. The others, Bonnie Pfaff, Fulton Silver and Marie Reese are all well but were not up to making the trip from Tennessee to attend the event. Amy Osteen, from Colorado, traveled the furthest to attend. Amy was in Asheville visiting her parents while her husband, Ed, is serving with the U.S. Military in Iraq. We thank Ed for serving his country and wish him God’s speed. Dale Peterson of Connecticut and Associate Dean of Students at Yale Divinity School, whom we had the great pleasure of meeting at the KONA reunion, traveled the second farthest distance.

Mel reports she drove by the picnic shelter reunion site at the Old Asheville Recreation Park located on the banks of the Swannanoa River one week after the event occurred and only two of the dozens of picnic tables remained. The others washed away in the aftermath of hurricanes Francis and Ivan. There was a sea of mud everywhere and all the small trees and undergrowth near the river was gone. However Mel is optimistic next year’s event will take place at the site as schedule. She says it is not the place, but the people who make the reunion. Amen Mel.

I attempted to contact cousin Gladys Gibbs of Old Fort, North Carolina to get a report on the Silver/Bradley reunion but was unable to reach Gladys by phone at press time. I left a message for Gladys to send me a report by snail mail and I will report on the reunion in November’s issue of Silver Threads.

One Silver family reunion I was able to attend was the reunion of the descendants of Lillie L. Silver (Jacob William, Rev. Thomas, George Jr., George Sr.) and Marion McMahan. As I reported in last month’s Silver Threads, Ed and Carolyn Denton extended an invitation to me to attend the event September 26 and to speak to those attending the event about some of our colorful family history. The Silver/McMahan reunion was held at Pine Mountain Resort twenty miles south of Morganton, North Carolina in the South Mountains. The event was a two-day affair beginning on Saturday, the 25th. After attending a Rice Family reunion in Asheville earlier in the day, Margaret and I drove to Morganton and arrived just in time for a catered Bar-B-Cue dinner. My, did we pig out on delicious pork Bar-B-Cue and the works! I did not expect to speak to the family Saturday evening, however, after a few twists of my arm, I was persuaded to tell the story of Frankie and Charlie from my point of view as written in my book, Tragedy On The Estatoe. The legend of Frankie and Charlie still lives and retelling of the story was enjoyed by all. Of course there were many questions following my little talk and fortunately I was able to answer them to everyone’s satisfaction.

Pine Mountain Resort is a Golf Course community and Sunday morning saw many of the male McMahans/McMahons on the golf course while many of the wives attended worship services in nearby Morganton. Margaret and I took the opportunity to sleep-in and after a late continental breakfast in the Inn, we enjoyed a nice walk on the premises of the resort. Lunch was again catered and everyone enjoyed delicious Bar-B-Cue chicken and Bar-B-Cue pork tenderloin that was so tender it literally melted in our mouths. Homemade strawberry cobbler was absolutely sinful to eat and I sinned a-plenty.

My topic for an after dinner talk was about the patriarch of the McMahan Family, one Redmond McMahan (1730-1834), a very colorful character indeed. (See Silver Threads, September 2003, Volume I, issue #9). Following my talk, the family conducted some business and departed for home. Relatives arrived from as far away as Florida. Cousin Carolyn Denton, a very enthusiastic family historian, displayed all of her genealogy material, which, to my delight, included back issues of Silver Threads. Thanks Carolyn for promoting our newsletter. Carolyn’s many books and notebooks that included stories and pictures of the Silver and McMahan family tree were enjoyed by all those in attendance. Congratulations to the Dentons for hosting a great family reunion.

There are rumors circulating among members of the extended Silver Family that we really need to spend some money on the KONA Missionary Baptist Church if we continue to hold reunions there. The building is deteriorating quite rapidly and the deterioration is caused by a leaky roof, among other things.  Mold and mildew continue to be a problem in the basement where our family records are displayed and that situation needs to be addressed as well. If we have a generous benefactor among our readers who can part with several thousand dollars for a worthy (tax-deductible) cause, please let us hear from you. Of course complete ownership of the building and property would have to be established before any monies could be accepted and funded. I believed the church is owned by four members of the extended Silver family who serve as trustees. Some are interested in the preservation of the building and some are not.

Personally, I would like to see the steeple removed from the building (as it is now leaning) have the roof repaired, install new ceiling tiles and carpet that is damaged by the leaks, rearrange the upstairs pews so they could be used as benches at tables and use the upstairs of the building as a family museum as it is no longer an active church. We could then move all the family history that is on display in the basement to the upstairs where we will have plenty of room. Many of the particulars can be worked out when we have a consensus from the trustees about what we can do with the building.

Fundraisers have been mentioned as a solution to the issue of raising money for the deteriorating building. However, I am told because of past experiences with fundraisers at our previous events a number of years ago -- which were profitable by the way -- the priority on what to spend the money for turned sour and created dissention among our extended family and all the money was never used. It is currently being held by someone who is not a trustee of the church. As a result of those misunderstandings and as editor of Silver Threads, I am not promoting or endorsing fundraisers to complete the necessary repairs to the building unless a Silver Family Board of Directors was elected from family members at large. This Board of Directors would make decisions regarding fundraisers, donations and repairs to the church as well as maintain the integrity of future family reunions. This of course is with the blessings of the trustees of the church when all are identified and written consent is given. I will keep you informed as events unfold.

Calling all Parker/Robinson and descendants of Frankie and Charlie! I have received notice from Barbara Gregory that the annual Parker/Robinson Family Reunion will be held October 9th in Franklin, North Carolina at the Coon Hunters Building. Festivities begin at 9:30 A.M. Barbara suggests bringing a well-filled picnic basket and drinks to share and other condiments will be provided. E-mail Barbara at [email protected] or call her at 803-327-3015 for further information.

Aunt Mary Belle Silver-Ray’s story continues as she tells us this month about her husbands and children.    Aunt Mary Belle remembers that…

John Rogers and I never had any children born to us. But nevertheless we raised nine. We adopted three children, two daughters and a son. Our son, John Leonard Rogers, married Faye McCall and they live in my old house on South Rugby Road in Horse Shoe. I lived in that house for 76 years.


Mary Daphne Staton Rogers married Claude Williams. They had six children: Johnny, Claudia Ann, Jim, Carolyn and twins Phillip and Mike. Phillip died before he was nine years old.  Daphne was killed in a car accident in Miami, May 11, 1961. Johnny’s now deceased also.


Lillie Stanton Rogers, who was Daphne’s natural sister, married Gus Rector. They had two sons, Jim and Bill, who are both now deceased. After Gus Rector died Lillie married Al Humphrey.


They were six other children that we raised but did not adopt. They lived with us until they grew up and went out on their own. There was Alice Monroe, but at my old age I can’t recall the others except Gussie Rogers who died of a heart attack unmarried.


My second marriage was to John Harvey Cabe. He died May 21, 1956. My third and last marriage was to James Virgil (Virge) Ray on December 10, 1966. He died in 1970. He had a stroke and died at Brevard Hospital.


I had my share of troubles in life, but the Lord has always blessed and took care of me. I’ve outlived my three husbands, all my brothers and sisters, and several of the children we raised. I celebrated my 100th birthday on February 18, 1991. On the Saturday before, Jim and Norma (Williams) arranged a party for me at the Church of the Wildwood where I attend. It was most enjoyable. I got a birthday card from president George Bush.


Now I’m ready to go home to the Lord.


Aunt Mary Belle Silver-Rogers-Cabe-Ray died three years later at the tender age of 103. Next month I will conclude her story with some excerpts of her sayings.  Aunt Mary Belle is a descendent of Alfred Silver and Elizabeth Gouge.


Like Aunt Mary Belle, our Civil War letters to home have Alfred Silver and Elizabeth Gouge connections as well. This month’s letters, numbers 630420 and 630424, were written by Elizabeth’s brother, Garrett D. Gouge to his wife Rosanah and by William Gouge Sr., Garret’s father. As I wrote last month, Garrett, the recipient of many of the earlier letters is now in the military and is part of the outfit where his brother William Jr., Levi Deweese Silver and Tilman Blalock Silver are stationed. Levi and Tilman are sons of Alfred Silver. Garret’s letters says…


Camp near Clinton, Tenn.
April 20, 1863

Dear Companion:

I seat myself to drop you a few lines to let you know that I am well and hearty. I hope this letter will find you well and hearty.

I hope that Anderson is well and all the balance of my friends. Tell Anderson to be a good boy until I come home. I don’t know when I will get to come though I am in hopes that we all will get to come this summer to stay.

The health of the regiment is good. Brother William is not well and at this time I cannot tell what is the matter with him. He is in his tent yet.

Write to me and let me know how your roughage held outwhether you had enough or not.

Give my respects to Sally (Sarah) Howell and all my neighbors. I want you to write to me and give me all the news that you can. Hire all the work that you can and not work too much yourself.

Tell Sindy and her mother that I long to see the time come when I can come home to see them and Sindy.

We draw a half-pound of meat to the man a week and we draw all the sugar, rice peas, salt and vinegar_______enough bread and a little flour.

I must close my letter for this time. Farwell for this time. I hope that I will be permitted to write again before I get in the next battle.

Send a letter by Ligy Thomas to me. 

Garrett Gouge to Rosanah Gouge


            (Anderson is Garrett D. Gouge’s son by his first wife, Creany Wilson. The word, roughage, means fiber of some sort. As a one man who grew up on a farm, I am assuming Garrett is talking about a form of silage used to feed livestock.)

Our second letter is written to William Jr., Garrett, Levi and Tilman Silver by William Gouge Sr. He is also father of Elizabeth Gouge-Silver. However, Elizabeth being one of the older children of William Gouge Sr. has already died by 1863. She died in 1860 at age 44. She was married to Alfred Silver and is Levi and Tilman’s sister.

Ledger, N.C.
Mitchell County
April 24, 1863

Mr. William Gouge, my dear son:

I take the opportunity of dropping a few lines to let you know we are all well as common, hoping these few lines will find you well and doing well.

Received your kind letter by mail which gave me great satisfaction that to hear that you was well. I was glad that I received your letter and want you to write to me every chance you have for I would be glad to hear from you or from some of you every week if I could.

I can say that Zelphia and the children are well or was a few days ago. Hector and Patty are well.

We have a cold and backward spring.

Well, my son, I will close by saying I still remain your affectionate (father) until death.

A few lines to Garrett: I can say to you that Rosanah and the children are well and your mother is well as common.

Well Garrett, I want you to write as often as you can for I would be glad to hear from some of you every week if I could. So I will close for this time. I am your affectionate father until death.

A few lines to Levi: We are well. I can say to you I got some corn and meat of yours and it accommodate me very much.

Please write to me every chance you have. So I will close. I still remain your affectionate grandfather until death.

A few lines to Tilman: We are well. I can say to you I received your kind letter which I was glad to hear you was well and you don’t know how glad I am when I can hear from any of you. I want you and Levi or William or Garrett to write a letter every week if you can for I want to hear from you’uns often if I can.

So I will close. I am your affectionate grandfather until death.

William Gouge Sr.


(Zelphia and Patty are William Gouge Sr’s. daughters. Hector McNeil, who married Patty, is his son-in-law.)

This brings to a close this month’s issue of Silver Threads from my point of view. As fall begins and the color of the leaves start to change with the arrival of the coolness of the nights I pray for God to richly bless each of your lives. His love is unconditional and magical indeed and all we are required to do is to believe and have faith.

Write to me and send family news and stories for publication. I will publish all information as space and editing will allow. Until next month, I invite you now to continue reading Cousin John’s History Corner.

                                                                   Cousin Rex



John’s History Corner


Mary McKeehan Patton

“Powder Mary”


A large black kettle is one of the prized artifacts of the Massengill Museum of Overmountain History at Rocky Mount, Tennessee. Mary McKeehan Patton used it in the manufacture of black powder, gunpowder that was vital to the success of the American soldiers in the decisive Battle of King’s Mountain on October 7, 1780. This resourceful woman is one of the unsung heroines of the American Revolution.

Mary McKeehan was born in England in 1751. As a child she served an apprenticeship in the art of gunpowder making, possibly under her father, David McKeehan. The McKeehan family immigrated to Pennsylvania in the late 1760s.

John Patton, of Scotch-Irish descent, was born c.1749 in Ulster County, Ireland. He stole passage on an outgoing ship to America c.1765, and settled in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Early in the Revolution he served as a private in the Pennsylvania Militia from Cumberland County (one of several John Pattons who served as officers and enlisted men in the militia of Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland).

John Patton and Mary McKeehan were married in 1772 and continued to make powder in the Cumberland County region. After the birth of two children and because of the threatened British invasion of Pennsylvania, they sold their powder mill in Carlisle for cash and migrated to the Overmountain region, now East Tennessee. Because of the depreciation of the continental money, the payment they had received for their mill was of little value when they arrived in the Overmountain region.

The person apparently responsible for bringing John and Mary Patton to North Carolina (as it was then) was Andrew Taylor, who served in the Pennsylvania Militia and may have known John Patton at that time. He established a mill for them on what was to become known as Powder Branch, adjacent to his home place. Andrew Taylor’s son, Nathaniel was famous as a general in the War of 1812, and the Taylor family home, Sabine Hill, still stands near Powder Branch. The mill, which was built on Powder Branch was in production from 1777 until after the War Between the States. During this time several improvements were made as it continued to be operated by the Patton and Taylor families.

Mary Patton probably taught other members of her family to manufacture gunpowder, including the Hyders and the Peoples.

In 1780 the American Revolution was going against the Americans. The British had successfully captured Charleston, South Carolina, and Lord Cornwallis had won the battle at Camden, South Carolina, and invaded North Carolina. He planned a three-pronged offensive into Virginia with Colonel Banastre Tarleton on the east, the main army and supplies led by himself in the center, and Major Patrick Ferguson on the west. Major Ferguson advanced through the Piedmont area of North Carolina and sent a message to Colonel Isaac Shelby and his fellow Overmountain men to “desist from their opposition to the British arms, and take protection under his standard.” If they did not, as Ferguson threatened, he would “march his army over the mountains, hang their leaders, and lay their country waste with fire and sword.” The message inspired Shelby and John Sevier to attack first. The result was the Battle of King’s Mountain.

In September, 1780, a company of some 850 frontiersmen under Isaac Shelby and William Campbell camped at Rocky Mount in preparation for their journey to King’s Mountain William Cobb, the owner of Rocky Mount, provided a large part of their provisions, and they received further supplies from Cobb’s son, Pharoah Cobb, when they regrouped on his lands at Sycamore Shoals, close to Powder Branch. Local historians disagree on whether Cobb purchased the gunpowder from Mary Patton and gave it to the soldiers or whether Mary Patton donated it to the American Cause, but all agree that Mary Patton made at least 500 pounds of gunpowder which was carried to the Battle of King’s Mountain by the Overmountain Men and which was an essential ingredient in that important American victory. The men marched swiftly to King’s Mountain and on October 7, 1780, won a complete victory over Major Ferguson. He was killed and his entire army of about 1,000 militia were killed or captured.

 Years later, Thomas Jefferson called “that memorable victory” at King’s Mountain “the joyful annunciation of that turn of the tide of success, which terminated the Revolutionary War with the seal of independence.”

It was only many years later that John and Mary Patton finally paid for the land on which their house was built. Four land warrants had been issued to John Patton by the State of North Carolina. They were for a total of 430 acres. The final survey of this land was made and recorded on March 2, 1793, and payment was made at that time. He was given a deed for the 430 acres.

Although she is not well known nationally among the women who contributed actively to the American victory in the Revolution, in the Overmountain region Mary Patton became something of a folk heroine and a number of traditional tales of her heroism has survived. One states that, on one occasion, when she was returning home alone following a delivery of black powder, a masked man rode out in front of her and demanded her money. Promptly she told him that her husband was some distance behind her, carrying the money. The bandit hesitated and Mary spurred her horse and reached home safely. On her trips, Mary would shoe her mare herself. When the journey was completed and she was back home, she would remove the shoes to save them for another expedition. After the War she continued to make gunpowder, riding as far as South Carolina to sell the powder for about a dollar a pound.

Mary Patton died December 15, 1836, and was buried by her grandson, S. E. Patton on a nearby hilltop, in what is now the Patton-Simmons Cemetery.

This article was taken from “Mary Patton, Powder Maker of the Revolution.” Rocky Mount Historical Association.

(George Silver Sr. > George Silver Jr. > Rev. Jacob Silver > William Jacob “Billy” Silver m. Sarah Anna Patton)


(John Patton m. Mary McKeehan > Anna Patton m. Samuel English > Samuel English Patton > Sarah Anna Patton m. William Jacob “Billy” Silver)






Ettie Isabel Shadrick Silver


Ettie Isabel Shadrick Silver, 99, of East Ridge, passed away Saturday morning, June 26, 2004 in a local hospital. She was a member of Eastwood Baptist Church (formerly Eastdale Baptist Church).

She was preceded in death by her husband, Samuel T. Silver Sr., one daughter; Joyce Hankins, parents; Charles and Laura Thommason Shadrick and eleven brothers and sisters. Survivors include two sons; David Silver of East Ridge and S. T. Silver Jr. of Orlando, Florida; one sister, Mildred S. Mays, Rossville, Georgia; five grandchildren, six great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson.

Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Monday at the East Chapel with the Reverend Mike McGinnis officiating. Interment will be in the Greenwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the East Chapel of Chattanooga Funeral Home, Crematory and Florist. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Chattanooga, 4355 Highway 58, Chattanooga, TN  37416

(George Silver Sr. > George Silver Jr. > John Silver > Thomas Jackson Silver > Harvey McDonald Silver > Samuel Thomas Silver Sr. m. Ettie Isabel Shadrick)

Margie Passmore Talley


Mrs. Margie Passmore Talley, 84, of 2884 Greenwood Road in Rock Hill, SC, passed away Sunday, September 12, 2004. She was a daughter of the late Isaac and Zelma Blackburn Passmore from Franklin, NC.

Among the survivors are brothers Furman and Gene Passmore of Franklin, James T. and Lloyd Passmore of Rock Hill and a sister Rhoda Howe of Rock Hill. There are other children, brothers, and several grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great grandchildren.

The funeral is scheduled for the 15 September at 2:30 p.m. Services will be at the Old Friendship Church Cemetery.

(George Silver Sr. > George Silver Jr. > Rev. Jacob Silver > Charles Silver > Nancy Silver m. David William Parker > Jacob William Parker > Columbia Arizona Parker m. John Parker Blackburn > Maude Zelma Blackburn m. Isaac Nathaniel “Than” Passmore > Margie Passmore m. Mr. Talley)


Zula Wilson Ray


Zula Wilson Ray, 97, of Pensacola, went home to be with her Savior on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2004.

A lifelong resident of western North Carolina, she lived in Pensacola and Swannanoa all of her life. She was a loving wife to Theodore Ray for 62 years until he went home to be with our Lord on Dec. 27, 1996, and a wonderful mother to her only son, Bobby Ray and his wife, Phyllis, also of Pensacola, who will miss her beyond comprehension.

Three grandchildren, Roger Ray of Burnsville, Daniel Ray and his wife, Pam and his daughter, Victoria, of Black Mountain and Teresa Cloninger and her husband, Mike and her son, Thomas, of Dallas, will feel the loss of a very precious part of their lives. Other relatives, friends, caregivers and anyone who knew Zula will share this loss.

Zula was born on March 2, 1907, in Pensacola, to Adolphus and Columbia Jane Silvers Wilson. She was the last known grandchild of Big Tom Wilson, who was instrumental in finding Prof. Elisha Mitchell's body after he drowned while surveying Mt. Mitchell. The peak just north of Mt. Mitchell is named for Big Tom.

She attended Yancey Collegiate Institute of Burnsville and became a schoolteacher. After marrying Theodore on April 7, 1934 and becoming a mother on Jan. 31, 1936, she then accepted the greatest profession God has for a woman. She became a wife and a mother, where she remained until God called her home.

The family would like to express their appreciation to the Yancey nursing facility which cared for Zula since July 2003. To all the nurses, CNAs and staff who were so caring, we can only say, "God has your reward."

A funeral service will be held at 3 p.m. Friday in the chapel of Holcombe Brothers Funeral Home. The Rev. Ray Strickland will officiate. Burial will be in Big Tom Wilson Cemetery.

The family will receive friends from 2 to 3 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.

Pallbearers will be Tom and Ned Wilson, Jerry Wilson, Jay Styles, David Boone and Tony Gardner.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Zula Ray Memorial Fund, Wachovia Bank, 109 Town Square, Burnsville, NC 28714. The fund will be used to place a permanent memorial at the Yancey Nursing Center in her memory.

George Silver Sr. > George Silver Jr. > Rev. Thomas Silver > Jacob William Silver > Columbia Jane Silver m. Adolphus "Dolph" Wilson > Zula Wilson m. Theodore "Theo"Ray.  Dolph was the son of Thomas David "Big Tom" Wilson.

Senia Margaret Bowman Silver


On Monday, September 27, God sent his band of angels to take another angel home. She was born in Mobile on December 27, 1939 and was a lifelong resident of Whistler and Saraland, AL.

She was preceded in death by her father and mother, Frazier and Annie Mary Gray Bowman and by her infant daughter, Sarah Margaret. She leaves to cherish her memory her husband of 45 years, William (Bill) Silver, Jr; three daughters, Diane (Jeff) Johnson, Mooresville, N.C., Jacqueline (Derek) Louch, Saraland, AL, Margaret (Brian) Patterson, Saraland, AL and one son, William (Lisa) L. Silver III, Birmingham, AL. As a devoted grandmother she leaves ten grandchildren who were the great joy of her life: Kimberly, Jeffery and Thomas Johnson, Cami and William (Luke) Silver IV, Mallory, Megan and Jacob Patterson, Alexander and Anna Louch.

She worked for South Central Bell for 28 years and transferred to AT&T upon the breakup of the Bell Companies where she was a marketing account executive. She was active in civic, community and church affairs. She was a lifelong and devoted member of Bethany Baptist Church (now Kushla-Bethany) and served as a Sunday school teacher, training union teacher and church organist. She served as president of the Mobile Jaycees in 1976, served several years as the head advisor for the Mobile Azalea Trail Maids and served as the official chaperone for the 1977 America's Junior Miss. She served as chairman of the 1976 March of Dimes Mobile County Walk-a-thon. She served as president of the Saraland Youth Football Ladies Auxiliary.

Visitation will be Wednesday from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Radney Funeral Home, 1200 Industrial Parkway, Saraland, AL. Services will be on Thursday at 10:00 AM at Shiloh Baptist Church, Cleveland Rd, Saraland, AL. The family will also receive friends from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM at the church prior to the service. Interment will be in Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. Funeral arrangements by RADNEY FUNERAL HOME, 1200 Industrial Parkway, Saraland, AL 36571.

Published in the Mobile Register on 9/29/2004.


Rex Redmon
Editor, Silver Threads
11 Cantera Circle
Greenville, SC 29615
[email protected]

John Silver
Family Historian Online
64S Fairfield Drive
Dover, DE 19901

[email protected]

Barney Kaufman
Keeper of The Web
7408 Lake Drive
Manassas, VA 20111-1960
[email protected]