Online Sources for Soule Family
WELCOME to the SOULE Family Discussion List. This is a discussion area for anyone who has an interest in Genealogy or History related to the SOULE family, including SOWLE, SOLE or any other related spelling. My name is Ruth Hall and I'm the owner of this list. I'm responsible for keeping it running as smoothly as possible and setting some rules and guidelines.
* Please keep this message. I recommend that you keep a copy on file in your computer as well as a printed paper copy that you can find easily.
* This list is for the discussion of Genealogy and History, primarily regarding SOULE and related families. Discussion of migration patterns, immigration, heraldry, historical sketches, SOULE settlements, census data, wills, family Bibles, vital records, web sites, etc. as relates to SOULEs is encouraged as well as discussion of collateral families. Public announcements of information of interest to Genealogists in general though it may not be SOULE-specific is permitted but please use discretion.
* Try to keep quoting to a minimum. "Quoting" is repeating text of the message you are replying to. Some quoting is necessary to remind other readers what the thread is about but do try to use good judgement. Quoting the previous writer's signature block or surname list is totally unnecessary.
* Surname lists are okay but please try to limit them to say, half a dozen names. Any more than that and many people just won't read them. Try keeping several small lists and rotate them with each succeeding message.
SOULE-L Single messages
SOULE-D Digest messages
To unsubscribe click on the line below and send the resulting message.
Unsubscribe Single messages Unsubscribe Digest messages
* To post a message (query, reply or other SOULE data) to the list, send it to
* All information need not be accompanied by source citations, but I do recommend strongly that posts either include sources or a note stating that they are available on request.
* If information is speculation then label it as such until it is proven or commonly accepted as fact.
* When posting your query try to give as much information as you know, i.e. dates and places of all vital events if known, along with enough other family members so that the reader can positively identify if they are researching the same family. "Anyone out there researching SOULEs?" just doesn't cut it.
* When replying to the list (this also can apply to private replies) try to quote some portions of the previous message so that other readers are reminded what the "thread" is about. Make it clear what is quoted material and what you are adding. Most mail readers take care of this for you by inserting greater-than signs ">" at the beginning of each quoted line or possibly double brackets "<<" before and ">>" after the quoted piece. Use standard Windows procedures to "cut" unnecessary material.
* Post your query frequently, perhaps once a month, if you have not yet found your ancestor. New people are joining the list all the time and they may have the info you need.
* Please send SOULE replies to the list, not just to the original poster. Other members may benefit from the data that you provide.
Other online sources of the SOULE family name:
Cook Kin's Page
Paul McBride's Page
Ruth's Soule Page
Soule Kindred in America
Mayflower Web Pages and History
Mayflower,MA and New England Families
Life of Joshua Soule
RootsWeb was founded in 1996 by Dr. Brian Leverich and Karen Isaacson. Due to their foresight, expertise and financial contributions, we're all here enjoying one or many of the mailing lists and web offerings which reside here at RootsWeb. We are fortunate, indeed, to have all this genealogy at our disposal. To find out more about what else is available, go to and explore a bit. And if you are not yet a member or sponsor of RootsWeb, do consider joining. Your support added to that of many others can help sustain and nourish this wonderful resource.
Remove the "NOSPAM" in the address line before sending. Sorry about the extra steps to email me but I am tired of all the spam mail.