Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 GALLIMORE1 was born 06/Nov/1777, and died 06/Nov/1856 in Bloomington, Clinton County, Ohio. He married (1) MARY STANLEY 15/Nov/1798. He married (2) JANE OREN 12/Jul/1841 in Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for WILLIAM GALLIMORE: William Gallimore Most of the earlier Gallimore families in Ohio have been traced to this man, largely because he was in Ohio so early. He was born 6 Nov 1776 (in Virginia according to one census listing). He married Mary Stanley in Guilford County, North Carolina, and they had a large family. Information about him comes to us both from the North Carolina and the Ohio Quaker records, and from History of Clinton County Ohio, published by W.H. Beers & Co., Chicago, 1882. The quote below is taken from the latter.
William Gallemore was born in Guilford County, N.C. November 5, 1776 where he remained until his marriage with Mary Stanley, near the year 1801. Leaving North Carolina, the young couple went to Grayson County, Virginia, where they made their first home, remaining about nine years, after which time they set their faces westward, making their home for the three following years in Highland County, Ohio. On his arrival, he found his capital all told to consist of himself, wife, five children, two old horses, one wagon, and $2 in money. Leaving that county, they went to Greene County, Ohio, and took a squatter's claim and worked on it till 1815, when they were dispossessed. Moving to Clinton County, Ohio, they settled in Draffin's Survey, No. 830, where they passed the remainder of their lives, bringing up a family of ten children, five boys and five girls, all of whom grew up and married. In the year 1841, the wife of his youth was laid in the silent tomb. In 1843, he married Jane Oren, by whom he had one child. In the latter part of October, 1856, he was prostrated by a stroke of palsy, which resulted in death on his birthday, November 5, aged eighty years.
There are discrepancies as to his exact birthdate and place of birth, the dates appearing on his gravestone differing from those in the quote above. Also, he most likely was born in Virginia, rather than in Guilford, as he did, in fact, state on one census. Please see also the notes under the William Gallimore mentioned under Virginia Families, as we believe this man is his son. There is no confirmation of a positive link at this time, however, only circumstantial evidence. In addition to the records mentioned above, there was an article in an Ohio newspaper quoting William as saying that his mother suffered great "privations" as a result of his father being away serving in the Revolution.
Notes for MARY STANLEY: Had twin sister, Catherine, who d. in infancy. Married Guilford Co. NC. She was a sister to the Martha Stanley who married Samuel Gallimore. Both were daughters of Elijah Stanley and Hannah Mills
Children of WILLIAM GALLIMORE and MARY STANLEY are:
2. i. SAMUEL GALLIMORE, b. 18/Jan/1804; d. 20/May/1878, Dinsmore Twp., Shelby County, Ohio.
3. ii. ISOM/ISHAM/ISACC GALLIMORE, b. 1799; d. ABT 1857, Clinton Co. IN?.
iii. REBECCA GALLIMORE, b. 1800; m. JOHN PATTERSON, 21/Jun/1821, Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for REBECCA GALLIMORE:
There were two John & Rebecca Pattersons in Clinton Co. Fortunately only these were Quakers, or there would be no record of their children. Rebecca is HH in 1850, yet she & John Patterson sold some land in 1862, as identified by the names of some of their known children who witnessed deed. In 1860 Isom(Isham), a son, is in Clinton Co., unmarried, living with two siblings and a Rachel Patterson, 52, b. VA. Later, Isham was in Deshler.
4. iv. WILLIAM GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1808, Grayson Co. VA; d. 12/Apr/1867, Greene Co. OH.
v. ELIZABETH GALLIMORE2, b. 1810, Grayson Co. VA; m. CEPHAS ATKINSON2, 18/Sep/1826, Clinton Co. OH2.
Notes for ELIZABETH GALLIMORE:
No known children. Cephas sold some land to Elisha Gallimore in 1848. In the 1850 census, Elizabeth appears in HH of William Gallimore, Jr. It is possible the couple moved away. At one time, there were three Cephas Atkin-sons between Champaign and Clinton Co.
5. vi. ELISHA GALLIMORE, b. 09/Apr/1811, Highland Co. OH; d. 01/May/1875.
vii. LEVISA (LEVICEY) GALLIMORE2, b. 17/Aug/1813, Highland Co. OH; m. (1) ( ) WADE ?; m. (2) WILLIAM MYERS2, 28/Feb/1833, Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for LEVISA (LEVICEY) GALLIMORE:
No known children. Wm. Myers & Samuel Gallimore bought land in Shelby Co. in 1861, but unknown if this is the same Wm. Myers.
viii. CATHERINE GALLIMORE2, b. 13/Aug/1815, Highland Co. OH; m. RICHARD OGAN, 14/Jul/1836, Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for CATHERINE GALLIMORE:
No known children. This couple moved around. 1850 they were in Darke Co. near William & Rachel (Richard's brother?). In 1853 Richard Ogan & Isaac Gallimore leased a sawmill in Shelby Co. Quaker records indicate they moved from Darke back to Clinton in 1850. It is known from 1883 Shelby Co. history that this sawmill was eventually abandoned.
6. ix. JOHN GALLIMORE, b. 19/Dec/1819, Bloomington, Clinton Co. OH; d. 06/Jul/1864, Jefferson Twp, Greene Co. OH.
7. x. MARY GALLIMORE, b. 08/Jan/1822, Clinton Co. OH; d. 17/Feb/1855, Clinton Co. OH.
Child of WILLIAM GALLIMORE and JANE OREN is:
xi. MARY JANE2 GALLIMORE2, b. 06/Oct/1844, Clinton Co. OH; d. 15/Jan/1913, Port William, Clinton Co. OH; m. SILAS MATHEWS2, 25/Feb/1860.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL2 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM1)3 was born 18/Jan/1804, and died 20/May/1878 in Dinsmore Twp., Shelby County, Ohio. He married ELIZABETH BRAGG 05/Dec/1822 in Greene County, Ohio.
Notes for SAMUEL GALLIMORE: Lived in Clinton Co. OH in 1830. Shown in Greene Co. OH on 1840 Census. Moved to Shelby Co. OH sometime after 1840. Died of relapse of measles. David Turner and Cappy Ray Gallimore both provided birthdate of 18 Jan 1804; his death certificate, however, has 19 Mar 1804. Both he and his brother William stated they were born in NC on census.
Children of SAMUEL GALLIMORE and ELIZABETH BRAGG are:
8. i. MARK3 GALLIMORE, b. 05/Jan/1824, Greene Co. OH; d. 24/Jun/1894, Shelby Co. OH.
9. ii. ISAAC ALLEN GALLIMORE, b. 1827, Greene Co. OH; d. 20/Sep/1863.
iii. ROSALINE GALLIMORE4, b. 1831, Greene Co. OH; m. LEWIS F. WIFORD, 04/Apr/1852, Shelby Co. OH.
10. iv. SAMUEL HARRISON GALLIMORE, b. 1832, OH; d. Grover Hill, Paulding Co. OH.
11. v. ELISHA GALLIMORE, b. 1834, Greene Co. OH; d. 18/Jun/1862.
vi. EMILY A. GALLIMORE, b. 1835, Greene Co. OH; m. JAMES R. BLAKELY, 04/Jul/1852, Shelby Co. OH.
vii. JOHN A. GALLIMORE, b. 1838, Greene Co. OH; m. CAROLINE EISENSTEIN, 28/Jul/1864, Shelby Co. OH.
viii. ELIAS M. GALLIMORE, b. 1840, Greene Co. OH4; m. MARY JANE BLAKELY, 06/Mar/1861, Shelby Co. OH.
Notes for ELIAS M. GALLIMORE: Also served in the Civil War
ix. MARGARET A. GALLIMORE, b. 1841, Greene Co. OH; m. ANTHONY WIFORD, 17/Jul/1862, Shelby Co. OH4.
3. ISOM/ISHAM/ISACC2 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM1)4 was born 1799, and died ABT 1857 in Clinton Co. IN?. He married (1) MARY JACKSON 04/May/1820 in Greene Co. OH. He married (2) JUDITH BENTLEY 09/Mar/1822 in Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for ISOM/ISHAM/ISACC GALLIMORE:
Listed in William's will as the oldest son; shown in the 1820 and 1830 census for Richland Twp, Clinton Co. OH; in Fayette Co. OH on 1850 census; Birth order of 1st 3 ch arbitrarily based on marriage yrs; bought 140 acres from Isaiah Morris & James Fife 1832 in Clinton Co. OH
Children of ISOM/ISHAM/ISACC GALLIMORE and JUDITH BENTLEY are:
i. LYDIA3 GALLIMORE4, b. ABT 1822, Clinton or Fayette Co. OH; d. Tipton Co. IN?4; m. SAMUEL H. CHRISTY, 03/Mar/1842, Fayette Co. OH.
12. ii. MINERVA GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1823, Clinton Co. OH; d. 1895, Clay Co. IA.
iii. RHODA GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1826, Clinton or Fayette Co. OH.
iv. ELI GALLIMORE, b. 1829.
v. ISAAC GALLIMORE, b. 1831, Fayette Co. OH?.
vi. NANCY A. GALLIMORE, b. 1833.
vii. FELIX GALLIMORE, b. 1835, Fayette Co. OH; d. 17/Apr/1890, Hamilton Co. IN; m. MARY ANN ( ).
viii. ASA GALLIMORE, b. 1837, IN; m. LUCRETIA ( )4, IN.
ix. ALICE GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1840.
Notes for ALICE GALLIMORE: Not known whether male or female
x. ELISHA GALLIMORE, b. 1841.
xi. REBECCA J. GALLIMORE, b. 1843.
xii. JUDITH GALLIMORE, b. 1846.
xiii. ISHAM GALLIMORE, b. 1849.
4. WILLIAM2 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM1) was born ABT 1808 in Grayson Co. VA, and died 12/Apr/1867 in Greene Co. OH. He married (1) SARAH HUNT 28/Sep/1830 in Clinton Co. OH. He married (2) MARTHA MITCHELL 29/Dec/1866.
Notes for WILLIAM GALLIMORE: Lived in Silver Creek, Greene Co. OH
Notes for SARAH HUNT: d/o Joel Hunt, Sr.
Children of WILLIAM GALLIMORE and SARAH HUNT are:
i. SUSANNAH3 GALLIMORE, b. 06/Aug/1832; d. 11/Apr/1836.
Notes for SUSANNAH GALLIMORE: Died and is buried in IN
ii. CATHERINE GALLIMORE, b. 14/Oct/1833, Clinton Co. OH.
iii. MARY JANE GALLIMORE, b. 26/Mar/1835, Clinton Co. OH.
iv. PHEBE GALLIMORE, b. 14/Apr/1837, Clinton Co. OH; d. 21/Dec/1837, Clinton Co. OH.
v. NATHAN GALLIMORE, b. 26/Oct/1838, Clinton Co. OH; d. 30/Apr/1849.
vi. ANN GALLIMORE, b. 10/Nov/1840, Clinton Co. OH.
vii. LEWIS GALLIMORE, b. 17/Jun/1842, Clinton Co. OH; d. 08/Jul/1846, Clinton Co. OH.
viii. MOSES GALLIMORE, b. 01/Jul/1844, Clinton Co. OH; d. 24/Jun/1845, Clinton Co. OH. 13.
ix. LATHAM G. GALLIMORE, b. 13/Oct/1845, Clinton Co. OH.
x. ISAIAH GALLIMORE, b. 22/Jul/1848, Clinton Co. OH.
xi. ELISHA GALLIMORE, b. 06/Mar/1853, Clinton Co. OH.
5. ELISHA2 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM1) was born 09/Apr/1811 in Highland Co. OH, and died 01/May/1875. He married (1) ELIZA CHANEY (GREER)418/Feb/1836 in Greene Co. OH. He married (2) SARAH AMANDA SNOWDEN 16/Jan/1868 in Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for ELISHA GALLIMORE: Lived in Greene Co. OH; died in Clinton Co. OH; Ray Gallimore has DOB of 4 Sep rather than 9 Apr
Notes for ELIZA CHANEY (GREER): There is some difficulty over her maiden name. If it was Greer, then Thomas & Celia Greer are likely parents. They were married in Greene Co., where there were many Chaneys. Her marriage records says Chaney. Death records of some of her children say Greer.
Children of ELISHA GALLIMORE and ELIZA (GREER) are:
i. JOSEPH3 GALLIMORE, b. 24/Feb/1837, Clinton Co. OH; d. 1914; m. REBECCA JANE ( ).
ii. CYRUS GALLIMORE, b. 08/May/1839; d. 20/Jul/1844.
iii. JAMES GALLIMORE, b. 26/Feb/1842, Clinton Co. OH; d. 10/Nov/1860.
iv. WILLIAM PEELE GALLIMORE, b. 07/Apr/1844, Clinton Co. OH; m. MARY JANE BEVAN, 16/Jan/1868, Clinton Co. OH.
v. EMILY J. GALLIMORE, b. 15/May/1846; m. ( ) HOSKIN4.
vi. MARY GALLIMORE, b. 08/Nov/1848.
vii. ANN ELIZA GALLIMORE, b. 22/Jun/1856.
6. JOHN2 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM1) was born 19/Dec/1819 in Bloomington, Clinton Co. OH, and died 06/Jul/1864 in Jefferson Twp, Greene Co. OH. He married MARTHA MITCHELL 08/Jun/1837 in Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for JOHN GALLIMORE:
Lived in Greene Co. OH; Shortly after his death, his widow married his older brother, William
Children of JOHN GALLIMORE and MARTHA MITCHELL are:
i. ELIJAH3 GALLIMORE, b. 27/Jul/1840.
ii. MARGARET GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1843.
iii. JAMES M. GALLIMORE, b. 11/Feb/1845.
iv. ELIZABETH GALLIMORE, b. 27/Apr/1847.
7. MARY2 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM1) was born 08/Jan/1822 in Clinton Co. OH, and died 17/Feb/1855 in Clinton Co. OH. She married JOEL HUNT 12/May/1837 in Clinton Co. OH.
Notes for MARY GALLIMORE:
Gravestone yields DOB of 8 Dec 1821; 8 Jan record is from Hinshaw. Marriage license, 12 May 1837: On consent certificates of William Gallimore & wife and Joel Hunt & wife, parents of the said Joel Hunt, Jr. and Mary Gallimore duly proven and by the affirmation of John Gallimore, one of the subscribing interests thereto.
Children of MARY GALLIMORE and JOEL HUNT are:
i. MARIAH3 HUNT, b. 17/Jun/1838, Clinton or Greene Co. OH. vNotes for MARIAH HUNT: Married 1857 vii. JESSE HUNT4, b. 30/Dec/1840, Greene Co. OH.
Notes for JESSE HUNT: Married in 1859
iii. REBECCA JANE HUNT4, b. 06/May/1842, Greene Co. OH.
Generation No. 3
8. MARK3 GALLIMORE (SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1)5 was born 05/Jan/1824 in Greene Co. OH, and died 24/Jun/1894 in Shelby Co. OH. He married (1) MARGARET JANE WILSON 18/Apr/1844 in Greene Co. OH. He married (2) RACHEL (CLUTCH) OGAN 01/Jan/1862 in Shelby Co. OH.
Children of MARK GALLIMORE and MARGARET WILSON are:
14. i. TIMOTHY4 GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1847.
ii. LEWIS CASE GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1848; d. 04/Apr/1870, Shelby Co. OH.
iii. MARRIAH GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1848; m. CHARLES OGAN.
iv. GEORGE GALLIMORE6, b. ABT 1850; m. RACHEL M. CAPLINGER, 14/Nov/1872, Shelby Co. OH.
v. NANCY ANN GALLIMORE, b. 1850, Shelby Co. OH; m. (1) JACOB WIFORD; m. (2) JACOB WIFFORD, 07/May/1868, Shelby Co. OH6.
vi. ELIZABETH JANE GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1851; m. JOHN SABIN6, 20/Aug/1867, Shelby Co. OH.
vii. MAHLON E. GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1853; m. MARTHA WHITED6, 18/Oct/1888, Shelby Co. OH.
viii. SARAH GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1854; m. CHARLES H. ROW6, 01/Jul/1875, Shelby Co. OH.
15. ix. SHEPARD MILLARD GALLIMORE, b. Nov/1854, Shelby Co. OH; d. 30/Jul/1922, St. Marys, Auglaize Co. OH.
16. x. MARY MARGARET GALLIMORE, b. 28/Dec/1857; d. 06/Sep/1922, Toledo, Ohio.
Child of MARK GALLIMORE and RACHEL OGAN is:
xi. EDWIN4 GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1864.
9. ISAAC ALLEN3 GALLIMORE (SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1)6 was born 1827 in Greene Co. OH, and died 20/Sep/1863. He married NANCY A. BLAKELY 04/Jan/1852 in Shelby Co. OH.
Notes for ISAAC ALLEN GALLIMORE:
His father, Samuel, was appointed guardian of his children & applied for pension on their behalf; Isaac was mortally wounded Battle of Chickamauga GA. (Civil War)
Children of ISAAC GALLIMORE and NANCY BLAKELY are:
i. ALLEN HARVEY4 GALLIMORE6, b. 15/Jun/1853, OH; d. 22/Feb/1878, Shelby Co. OH; m. MALINDA A. KEPLINGER6, 12/Oct/1874, Shelby Co. OH.
ii. FLORENCE LETITIA GALLIMORE6, b. 09/Dec/1855.
iii. INGEBO ISABELLE GALLIMORE6, b. 07/Aug/1857.
iv. ISADORA BLAKELY GALLIMORE6, b. 05/Jun/1859.
v. MARTHA UNION GALLIMORE6, b. 18/Apr/1861.
10. SAMUEL HARRISON3 GALLIMORE (SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1832 in OH, and died in Grover Hill, Paulding Co. OH. He married MARTHA JANE KELLEY6 17/Feb/1853 in Shelby Co. OH.
Notes for SAMUEL HARRISON GALLIMORE: Possibly died in Deshler, Henry Co. OH
Children of SAMUEL GALLIMORE and MARTHA KELLEY are:
i. FISHER4 GALLIMORE6, b. ABT 1848.
ii. LYDIA ELLEN GALLIMORE, b. 07/Apr/1850; d. 18/Dec/1945, Cadillac, Wexford Co. MI; m. (1) GEORGE W. MCMANNAMY; m. (2) WILLIAM ELMER DOUGLAS, 13/Oct/1878.
iii. PHEABY ANN GALLIMORE, b. 1852; d. 20/Aug/1876, Deshler, Henry Co. OH.
iv. ROSELYNE GALLIMORE, b. 10/May/1853; d. 06/Nov/19256; m. JOHN GEORGE STONEBRAKER, 20/May/1875.
v. MARY ANN GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1854.
vi. CHARLES A. GALLIMORE, b. 05/May/1858, Xenia, Greene Co. OH; d. 06/Mar/1930, Defiance, Defiance Co. OH.
vii. FRANCES GALLIMORE, b. 17/Apr/1860; d. 02/Jun/19016; m. JAMES F. NEWMAN6, 18/Mar/1879, Henry Co. OH.
viii. JOHN HENRY GALLIMORE6, b. 10/Mar/1863; d. 14/Feb/18976; m. LUCY CATHERINE GUILLION6, 14/Jan/1892.
ix. ALMEDA ALICE GALLIMORE, b. 14/Jan/1867; d. 26/May/1943; m. (1) GEORGE LEYSER6; m. (2) GEORGE OVERLY, 14/Sep/1885, Henry Co. OH.
x. LAFAYETTE GALLIMORE6, b. Feb/1870; m. EDITH FOSTER. 17.
xi. THOMAS ALBERT GALLMORE, b. 16/May/1872, Deshler, Henry Co. OH; d. 06/Jun/1934, Mt. Pleasant, Isabella Co. MI.
xii. HALLY B. GALLIMORE6, b. 1875.
11. ELISHA3 GALLIMORE (SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 1834 in Greene Co. OH, and died 18/Jun/1862. He married LYDIA ANN BLAKELY6 29/Jan/1859 in Shelby Co. OH.
Notes for ELISHA GALLIMORE:
Killed in Civil War; 20th Reg. OV1 Co. K
Children of ELISHA GALLIMORE and LYDIA BLAKELY are:
i. SARAH ISABELLE4 GALLIMORE, b. 29/Aug/1857.
ii. NANCY ELIZABETH GALLIMORE, b. 04/Jul/1860, Miami Co. OH.
12. MINERVA3 GALLIMORE (ISOM/ISHAM/ISACC2, WILLIAM1) was born ABT 1823 in Clinton Co. OH6, and died 1895 in Clay Co. IA. She married PAXTON MORRIS 14/Jan/1843 in Fayette Co. OH.
Notes for MINERVA GALLIMORE: [Lived in Silver Creek, Greene Co. OH in 1850; in 1860 lived in Tipton Co. IN
Notes for PAXTON MORRIS:
s/o Robert William Morris and Lehua (Lamua?) Riggins
Children of MINERVA GALLIMORE and PAXTON MORRIS are:
i. JESSE4 MORRIS, b. 07/Jun/1844.
18. ii. WILLIAM MORRIS, b. 07/Jun/1844, Paulding Co. OH; d. ABT 1899, Clay Co. IA.
iii. WILSON MORRIS, b. 10/Sep/1846.
iv. LYDIA MORRIS, b. ABT 1849, OH.
v. JUDAH MORRIS, b. ABT 1851.
vi. ANDERSON ISOM MORRIS, b. 1853, IN.
vii. MARY MORRIS, b. ABT 1855, IN.
viii. JAMES MORRIS, b. ABT 1856, IN.
ix. RHODA MORRIS, b. ABT 1858, IN.
x. MARTHA MORRIS, b. ABT 1859, IN.
xi. JOHN B. MORRIS, b. ABT 1865, IA.
13. LATHAM G.3 GALLIMORE (WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 13/Oct/1845 in Clinton Co. OH. He married (1) SARAH JANE BOYER. He married (2) MARY JACKSON.
Children of LATHAM GALLIMORE and SARAH BOYER are:
i. ANN E. GALLIMORE6, b. 1867.
ii. BERTHA E. GALLIMORE6, b. 1870.
Generation No. 4
14. TIMOTHY4 GALLIMORE (MARK3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born ABT 1847. He married MARTHA SPEEKER6 25/Oct/1866 in Shelby Co. OH.
Children of TIMOTHY GALLIMORE and MARTHA SPEEKER are:
i. JOHN5 GALLIMORE, b. ABT 1868.
ii. CINDERELLA GALLIMORE, b. 18706.
15. SHEPARD MILLARD4 GALLIMORE (MARK3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1)6 was born Nov/1854 in Shelby Co. OH, and died 30/Jul/1922 in St. Marys, Auglaize Co. OH6. He married (1) MARY L. LEMMING6 15/Oct/1873 in Van Wert Co. OH He married (2) CLARA JOHNS(T)ON
Children of SHEPARD GALLIMORE and MARY LEMMING are:
i. ADA5 GALLIMORE, b. 06/Sep/1876, Shelby Co. OH6; m. (1) JOHN L. GRAY, 29/Sep/1906, Auglaize County, Ohio; m. (2) JOHN J. GRAY6, 29/Sep/1906, Auglaize Co. OH6.
ii. N.M. GALLIMORE, b. 16/Sep/1874, Dinsmore Twp., Shelby County, Ohio; d. 04/Feb/1899, Pusheta Twp., Auglaize County, Ohio.
Children of SHEPARD GALLIMORE and CLARA JOHNSTON are:
iii. SAMUEL WESLEY GALLIMORE, b. 17/Mar/1883, Botkins, Shelby Co. OH; d. 11/Oct/1961, St. Marys, Auglaize Co. OH; m. (1) MARY E. FAST; m. (2) EMMA MCCROSSEN; m. (3) JEMIMA HOWELL, 17/Mar/1903, Logan Co. OH; m. (4) HELEN PEARL DIXON SWEIGERT, 18/Jun/1952, St. Marys, Auglaize Co. OH.
iv. EFFIE EMELINE GALLIMORE, b. 23/Apr/1885, Dinsmore Twp., Shelby Co. OH; m. GEORGE SMITH, 24/Dec/1901, Auglaize Co. OH.
v. BESSIE GALLIMORE, b. 14/Feb/1887, Putnam Co. OH.
vi. LETTE GALLIMORE, b. 28/Jul/1890, Celina, Mercer Co. OH; d. 16/May/1899, Pusheta Twp., Auglaize Co. OH.
vii. EDWIN SIMON GALLIMORE, b. 07/Apr/1893, Pusheta Twp., Auglaize Co. OH; m. ALICE LUELLA METZ, 05/Sep/1914, Auglaize Co. OH.
viii. MAYME (ELIZABETH?) GALLIMORE6, b. 20/Aug/1895, Pusheta Twp., Auglaize Co. OH; m. ALBERT WILLIAM DIERINGER6, 20/Aug/1910, Auglaize Co. OH.
ix. VERNON GALLIMORE6, b. 15/Sep/1897, Pusheta Twp., Auglaize Co. OH.
16. MARY MARGARET4 GALLIMORE (MARK3, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1) was born 28/Dec/1857, and died 06/Sep/1922 in Toledo, Ohio. She married LEVI LEMMING8,26/Mar/1874 in Shelby Co. OH son of SAMUEL LEMMING and ELIZABETH BABB.
Notes for LEVI LEMMING:
Levi and Mary M. Gallimore's marriage record is found in Shelby County, Ohio Record of Marriages, Book 5, Page 508. They were married on 26/Mar/1874 by Mr. P. Hunt. Levi is found in the 1880 Ohio census, Roll 1066, Jackson Twp., Shelby County, Vol 59, E.D. 212, Page 6, Line 10 with wife Mary M. and sons Gilbert and Lewis. Also living with him are Millard Galimore [Brother-in-law], Ada Galimore[Niece] and Elias Ballard[Nephew]. He states his parents were born in Ohio. Levi is found in the 1900 Ohio Census,Wood County, Henry Twp., Roll 214, Vol 158. E.D. 142, Sheet 16, Line 85 with wife Mary M. and 9 children. Daughter-in-law Mary E. [Lewis's wife] also lives with him. In this census he claims his parents were born in Ireland. Levi's death record is found in Pentland Twp., Luce County,Michigan, and he is buried in Newberry, Michigan
Children of MARY GALLIMORE and LEVI LEMMING are:
i. GILBERT ALEXANDER5 LEMMING b. 18/Feb/1876, Jackson Twp. Shelby County,Ohio; d. 12/Oct/1937, Toledo, Ohio; m. MYRTLE MAY MCCARLEY 22/Mar/1905.
Notes for GILBERT ALEXANDER LEMMING: Gilbert Lemming lived at 2652 Norwalk St in 1920. He was a Stationary Engineer for an oil refinery at the time. He lived at 719 Lorian St. Toledo, Ohio at the time of his death. He was buried Forest Cemetary, Toledo, Ohio and his funeral was held at H.H. Birkenkamp on 1003 Broadway, Toledo, Ohio. He was working for W.P.A. at that time.
Notes for MYRTLE MAY MCCARLEY: Myrtle lived at 2038 Verdan St. Toledo Ohio at the time of her death. She was a member of Auto Lite Penshioners and Local 12 U.A.W.. She worked for Electric Auto Lite for 10 years.
ii. LEWIS ELMER LEMMING, b. 22/Aug/1878, Jackson Twp. Shelby County,Ohio; d. 20/Dec/1941, Gibbs City, Michigan; m. MARY ELIZABETH MCCARLEY, 07/Oct/1899, Portage, Ohio.
iii. JENNY M. LEMMING, b. 21/Oct/1880.
iv. ROSA C. LEMMING, b. 21/Aug/1881; d. 06/Dec/1956, Toledo, Ohio; m. JAMES JOHNSON, 17/Sep/1903, Bowling Green, Ohio.
v. MAUDE E. LEMMING, b. May/1884.
vi. JOHN E. LEMMING, b. Feb/1886.
vii. CHARLES J. LEMMING, b. May/1887.
viii. SAMUEL M. LEMMING, b. 17/Mar/1890; d. 21/Jun/1954, Toledo, Ohio; m. ETHAL POSTON.
Notes for SAMUEL M. LEMMING:
Samuel and his wife Ethal are both buried in Toledo Memorial Park, Toledo, Ohio
ix. GLOVER L. LEMMING, b. 15/Jun/1892; d. 17/Nov/1911, Toledo, Ohio.
Notes for GLOVER L. LEMMING: Glover is buried in Forrest Cemetery, Toledo, Ohio
x. MARY M. LEMMING, b. 10/Jul/1895, Bowling Green, Ohio; d. 30/Jul/1974, Hastings, Michigan; m. RALPH STANSELL JORDAN, 17/Jan/1918.
17. THOMAS ALBERT4 GALLMORE (SAMUEL HARRISON3 GALLIMORE, SAMUEL2, WILLIAM1)was born 16/May/1872 in Deshler, Henry Co. OH, and died 06/Jun/1934 in Mt. Pleasant, Isabella Co. MI. He married SARAH ALVEDA BETTS.
Notes for THOMAS ALBERT GALLMORE:
From Henry Co. OH to Isabella Co. MI
Notes for SARAH ALVEDA BETTS:
d/o Henry W. Betts and Mary Ann Lewis
Children of THOMAS GALLMORE and SARAH BETTS are:
i. NELLIE MAE5 GALMORE, b. 08/Feb/1897, Grover Hill, Paulding Co. OH; d. 04/Feb/1989, Bloomingdale, Van Buren Co. MI; m. (1) Unknown m. (2) ANDREW DRYDEN15; m. (3) HENRY KOSTER; m. (4) GEORGE REED SHERWOOD, 23/Jan/1919, Yuma MI.
ii. TONY V. GALMORE, b. 06/Apr/1899, Grover Hill, Paulding Co. OH; d. 13/Feb/1972, Petrosky, Emmett Co. MI; m. GRACE ELIZABETH MALPASS, 30/Dec/1919, East Jordan MI.
Notes for TONY V. GALMORE:
Died in Emmett Co. MI
Notes for GRACE ELIZABETH MALPASS:
d/o William Ellis Malpass and Alice Ann Round
iii. BONNIE GEORGANNA GALMORE, b. 30/Jul/1904, Yuma, Wexford Co. MI.
18. WILLIAM4 MORRIS (MINERVA3 GALLIMORE, ISOM/ISHAM/ISACC, WILLIAM1) was born 07/Jun/1844 in Paulding Co. OH, and died ABT 1899 in Clay Co. IA15. He married MATILDA CATHERINE COLLINS.
Children of WILLIAM MORRIS and MATILDA COLLINS are:
i. JESSI5 MORRIS, b. 1870, IA.
ii. W. CHARLES MORRIS, b. 1872, IA.
iii. A. MARTHA MORRIS, b. 1874, IA.
iv. P. GEORGE MORRIS, b. ABT 1876, IA.
v. ROBERT MORRIS, b. ABT 1878, IA.
vi. ARTHUR JAMES MORRIS, b. 22/Oct/1880, Clay Co. IA; d. 1960, Whitefish MT; m. EDNA VIOLA HILLS 10/May/1904, Iowa Falls IA.
vii. MAY MORRIS, b. 04/Oct/1885, Clay Co. IA.
viii. MINNIE MORRIS, b. 1887, IA.
ix. A.I. MORRIS, b. ABT 1889, IA.