1. Asa(ph) W. Gallimore b. ca 1767 VA, m. (1) Catherine Garren, b. bef 1800, NC, d. 1 Oct 1826, NC, m. (2) 22 Jan 1834, in Paulding Co. GA, Mary C. Hobbs. Asa(ph) died 20 Oct 1865, Haralson Co. GA. Liv NC til 1830; to Carroll Co. GA, there til 1833; to Paulding Co. GA Liv in Swain, Buncombe, Henderson, Transylvania counties, NC. In War of 1812. Catherine: The editors of The Garren Goodies thought she might be the d/o Jacob Garren Sr. of Randolph & Rowan Counties NC. While no marriage record has been found establishing his marriage to Catherine, his second wife stated on an application for a pension that his first wife was Catherine Garren.
Probable Children by Catherine Garren:
2. i Mary b. 1 Dec 1799.
3. ii Susanna b. 12 Feb 1802.
4. iii Elizabeth b. 5 Aug 1804.
iv Silas Gallimore b. ca 1805. We're not entirely sure Silas is Asaph's son. He is mentioned often in the Ebenezer Church minutes, Henderson Co. NC. There was a Silas who was an early pioneer into Owen Co. IN with wife Keziah, but there is no evidence to establish that it was this individual.
5. v Nancy b. 1807.
vi Barbara Gallimore b. ca 1810, m. 11 Apr 1858, in Henderson Co. NC, Enos Barnwell. Documented daughter of Asaph.
6. vii Sarah P..
viii Caroline Gallimore m. 11 Oct 1838, William Adams.
7. ix John b. 20 Aug 1821.
8. x Asaph Gallimore Jr. b. ca 1822
Probable Children by Mary C. Hobbs:
xi Eliza F. Gallimore b. ca 1828 GA
xii William A. Gallimore b. ca 1832, Carroll Co. GA.
xiii Joseph J. Gallimore b. ca 1834, Paulding Co. GA.
xiv Peter Gallimore b. ca 1837, GA.
xv Thomas H. Gallimore b. ca 1839.
xvi Asa H. Gallimore b. ca 1841, GA.
xvii Elizabeth Gallimore b. ca 1842, GA.
xviiiMary E. Gallimore b. ca 1844, GA.
xix Dorcas Patenka Gallimore b. ca 1848, GA.
2. Mary Gallimore b. 1 Dec 1799, m. Amos Lanning, b. 18 Nov 1786, d. 20 May 1873, Fairview NC, buried: Cane Creek, Fairview NC. Mary died 18 Jul 1868, Fairview, Buncombe Co. NC, buried: Cane Creek, Fairview NC. Birth and death dates are from her tombstone. However, no document has been uncovered which establishes her descendancy from Asaph for certain. Hoyt Young provided a death date of 12 Aug 1861 for Mary.
i Elizabeth Lanning.
ii John Lanning.
iii Sarah Lanning.
iv William Lanning.
v Elbert Lorenzo Lanning.
vi Mitchell Lanning.
3. Susanna Gallimore b. 12 Feb 1802, m. John Lanning, b. 16 Feb 1794, d. 29 Aug 1871, Fairview NC, buried: Cane Cr. Cem., Fairview NC. Susanna died 18 Jun 1871, Fairview NC, buried: Cane Cr. Cem., Fairview NC. John: Brother to Amos above, who married Mary Gallimore. Birth and death dates are from her tombstone in Buncombe Co. This is another 'child' of Asaph's for whom no proof has been found to date.
i Rebecca Lanning.
ii Lossen Alexander Lanning.
iii Alford Hardy Lanning.
iv Cynthia Lanning.
4. Elizabeth Gallimore b. 5 Aug 1804, Haywood Co. NC, m. 18 Nov 1824, in Buncombe Co. NC, Eldad (III) (Major) Reed, b. 9 Dec 1799, Rowan Co. NC, (son of Eldad Reed and Aeshea Lanning) d. 17 Oct 1865, Sullivan Co. MO. Elizabeth died 11 May 1857, Buncombe Co. NC, buried: Cane Creek, Fairview, Buncombe Co. NC. The fact that Elizabeth was Asaph's daughter is based at this point on circumstantial evidence only. Hoyt Young gives a death date of 11 May 1851.
i Aeshea Reed b. 11 Mar 1825, Buncombe Co NC, m. (1) 27 Dec 1860 in Sullivan Co MO, James Birch, d. ca 1864, Sullivan Co. MO, m. (2) 13 Apr 1865, in Sullivan Co MO, George Board, b. 30 Sep 1804, d. 30 Dec 1868, Sullivan Co. MO. Aeshea died 1900 Sullivan Co. MO.
ii Sophronia C. Reed b. 16 Apr 1827 Buncombe Co. NC, d. 6 May 1827, Buncombe Co. NC.
9. iii Naomi C. Reed b.10 Jun 1830.
10. iv Joseph R. Reed b.1 Oct 1831.
11. v John Alexander Reed b.17 Jul 1833.
12. vi Nancy Maloney Reed b.18 Dec 1835.
13. vii Eldad Reed "IV" b. 15 Mar 1837.
14. viii Asa M. Reed b. 27 Mar 1838.
ix Susan Anna Reed b. 14 Oct 1840, Buncombe Co NC, m. in Sullivan Co MO, Martin V. Moore. Susan died 31 Aug 1905, Washington Co AR.
15. x Columbus Harrison Reed b. 3 May 1842.
5. Nancy Gallimore b. 1807, Haywood Co. NC, m. 16 Jul 1824, in Haywood Co. NC, Jacob Beck, b. 28 Apr 1804, Lincoln Co. NC, d. 1892, Transylvania Co. NC. Nancy died 1892, Transylvania Co. NC, buried: Enon Baptist Church near Brevard NC. Nancy is listed in the Haywood Co. NC Marriage Bonds as the daughter of Asaph. Were there more children?
16. i Fanny Jane Beck b. 12 May 1838.
6. Sarah P.Gallimore m.17 Dec 1835, in Hendersonville, Henderson Co. NC, John M. Beck. One researcher has a date of marriage of 7 Dec 1835 in Haywood Co. NC. Here again, as with Nancy, Sarah is named in the Haywood Marriages as the daughter of Asaph, but we may be missing some of their children.
17. i Allen Foster Beck.
7. John Gallimore b. 20 Aug 1821, Fairview , Buncombe Co. NC, m. 17 Jun 1836, in Daviess Co. MO, Eliza Ann McBrayer. John settled eventually in Daviess Co. MO, as did several McBrayers, and it is for these bits of circumstantial evidence that Bruce Whitaker, an authority on the Buncombe/Haywood Co. families, surmised that John was a son of Asaph. No actual proof has yet been found. We would welcome any additional information anyone can provide on this family.
18. i Samuel b. 26 Jul 1845 Daviess Co. MO.
ii John Nelson Gallimore b. 30 Aug 1848, Daviess Co. MO. Liv Kansas City
iii Thomas Gallimore. Liv Altamont KS
iv Renda Gallimore m. ( ) Barker.
v Female Gallimore m. Fred Snider. Fred: "of Altamont KS"
8. Asaph Gallimore Jr. b. ca 1822, m. (1) Ann Fletcher, m.(2) Jane Penner. He lived in Buncombe in 1850 (census), but by 1860 he was in Henderson Co. He died in Hendersonville between April of 1890 and April of 1891. He enlisted in the Civil War at age 39 in Henderson Co. July 15 1861. Present or accounted for until discharged on or about July 16, 1862 by reason of being over age.
i Nancy Gallimore b. 1838
ii William E. Gallimore b. ca 1845 Henderson Co. NC
iii John A. Gallimore, b. ca 1847 Henderson Co. NC m. Mary, children, Nancy?, Bella/Stella, Julie?, Josephine, Alton, Rosa, Mary,Grace, Daisy, John;
iv George W. Gallimore b. Jan 1849 in Buncombe Co. Henderson Co. NC, m. Nancy A. Shipman
v Jane Gallimore, b. ca 1851 Henderson Co. NC.
vi James Gallimore, b. ca 1853 Henderson Co. NC
vii Charles Manning Gallimore, b. Sept. 1854 Henderson Co. NC m. Rebecca Susane, children; Chester W., Vernon B. Loree M.
George W. Gallamore (#4 above) married Nancy A. Shipman b 1846, d/o Andrew
Robinson Shipman and Sarah Tow. They lived in Hoopers Creek, Henderson Co NC.
Their children were:
1) Asker Gallamore,
2)(George?) Fleetus Gallamore,
3)(James?) Gorden Gallamore,
4) Albert Sydney Gallamore b June 1872, m Mary Carson b1862.
Alberta Gallamore b Jan 1897; Mary Josephine Gallamore b abt 1903;
John Carson Gallamore b Aug 1899, m Sara Kittrell, daughter Sara Gallamore lived in Norfolk VA. Either Alberta or Mary Josephine married Arthur Long of New Orleans.
5) Andrew Preston (A.P.) Gallamore b April 1875, m Grace Vernon (Muddie)Byers 1877-1948 d/o William F. Byers and Annie M. Hawkins. A.P.Gallamore owned a general store in Hendersonville, may have moved to Florida before his death. Children: George Marvin Gallamore Sr b Feb 6 1905, d Dec 1962, m Lillian Logwood, Preston Franklin Gallamore b Dec 3 1906, d Nov 1 1927 auto accident Norfolk VA; Lloyd Dodamead Gallamore b Mar 7 1909, d Feb 19 1974 Norfolk VA, m Hallie Mae Jeffords 1911-1979 d/o James Francis Jeffords and Mary Joyce Turner.
9. Naomi C. Reed b. 10 Jun 1830, NC, m. 24 Jun 1850, in Buncombe Co NC, Joshua Rickman, b.10 Feb 1823, Buncombe Co. NC, (son of John Rickman and Nancy Whitaker) d. 3 Oct 1903, Blackburn AR Washington Co. Naomi died 20 Sep 1870, Sullivan Co MO.
19. i John Newton Rickman b. 2 May 1852.
ii Nancy Elizabeth Rickman b. 15 Oct 1854, IA, m. William M. Garrett. Nancy died 8 Feb 1929, Winslow AR.
iii Jesse Eldad Rickman b. 25 Jan 1857, NC, m. 1 Jan 1888, Pauline C. Davis, b. 8 Nov 1868, d. 3 Jan 1928, Ft Smith AR. Jesse died 31 Dec 1933, Ft. Smith AR.
iv Jane Ashsah Rickman b. 14 Jun 1858, d. 28 Nov 1874, Sullivan Co. MO Elmwood Cemetery. She was 16 years, 10 months, 9 days old.
v Miles Wilburn Rickman b. 12 May 1863, Sullivan Co. MO, d. 23 Apr 1884, Blackburn AR Washington Co.
vi Amanda Malona Rickman b. 2 Apr 1869, Sullivan Co. MO, d. 29 Jul 1870, Sullivan Co MO.
10. Joseph R. Reed b. 1 Oct 1831, Buncombe Co. NC, m. 3 Jan 1856, in Rowan Co. NC, Harriet Isabella Brevard, b. 1836, Buncombe Co. NC (daughter of James Brevard) d. 1893, Sullivan Co. MO. Joseph died 9 May 1911, Sullivan Co. MO.
i Ruth E. Reed b. 6 Apr 1857, d. 7 Aug 1863, Sullivan Co. MO.
ii Margaret S. Reed b. 20 Mar 1858, d. 28 Jul 1863, Sullivan Co. MO.
iii John Thomas Reed b. 1861, m. 4 Jun 1885, Laurcy Chapin. John died 1887, Sullivan Co. MO.
iv James E. Reed b. 1863, Sullivan Co Mo, m. May S. _____, b. 1865, d. 1937, Sullivan . MO. James died 1931, Sullivan Co. MO.
v Mahala Reed b. 13 Mar 1865, d. 27 Sep 1937, Milan, MO. Mahala died at the County Infirmary Found in Trenton Library the Payne Funeral Home Dec. 29, 1904 - Dec. 30, 1921 Book Reed, Miss Mahala born March 31, 1865, Died Sept. 27, 1937 Milan Missouri County Infirmary Cause- Heart due to strain of Epileptic attacks, Buried Judson Cemetery - Sullivan County MO
vi Joseph Reed b. 1866, Sullivan Co. MO, m. 9 Oct 1892, in Sullivan . MO, Lillie L Allen.
vii Naomi Reed b. 1869.
viii Amanda Jane Reed b. 1871, m. 6 Mar 1892, in Sullivan Co. MO, Samuel Conner.
ix Zebulon Vance Reed b. 2 Jul 1873, Sullivan Co. MO, m. Nancy M. _____, b. 9 Dec 1879, d. 9 Nov 1959, Sullivan . MO. Zebulon died 22 Feb 1930, Sullivan Co. MO.
x Harriett Ella Reed b. 1875.
11. John Alexander Reed b. 17 Jul 1833, Buncombe Co. NC, m. (1) 25 Sep 1856, in Greene Co. TN, Altamira Britton, b. 5 Apr 1831, (daughter of Daniel Britton) d. 10 Feb 1869, m. (2) 4 Sep 1871, in Greene Co. TN, Lavinia Bowers, b. 1835, d. 1919. John died 16 Dec 1875, Greene Co. TN.
i Charles Edward Reed.
ii Daniel Britton Reed b. 3 Oct 1857, Greene Co TN, m. Sarah Ann Hartman, b. 8 Jun 1860, Greene Co TN, d. 23 Sep 1906. Daniel died 3 Nov 1900, Greene Co TN.
iii Elizabeth Jane Reed b. 20 Mar 1859, Greene Co TN, d. 15 Mar 1860, Greene Co TN.
iv Joseph Marion Reed b. 23 Sep 1860, Greene Co TN, m. 25 Nov 1880, in Greene Co TN, Sarah Amanda Hartman, b. 1862, Greene Co TN, d. 10 Jun 1933, Greene Co TN. Joseph died 4 Jul 1943, Greene Co TN.
v Emily Virginia Reed b. 9 Aug 1862, Greene Co TN, m. Francis A Hartman, d. 26 Feb 1900, Greene Co TN. Emily died 15 Jul 1918, Greene Co TN.
vi John H. Reed b. 8 Nov 1864, Greene Co TN, d. 10 Oct 1867, Greene Co TN.
vii William D. Reed b. 9 Apr 1867, Greene Co TN, d. 12 May 1886, Greene Co TN.
viii James A Reed b. 2 Nov 1873, Greene Co TN, d. 1 Feb 1874.
ix David S. Reed b. 3 Aug 1875, Greene Co TN, d. 10 Apr 1876, Greene Co TN.
12. Nancy Maloney Reed b. 18 Dec 1835, Fairview, Buncombe County, NC, m. (1) 26 Jan 1854, in Fairview, Buncombe Co. NC, Martin C. Bridewell, b. Greene County, TN (possibly), d. Feb 1872, Valpariso (now Pollock) Missouri, m. (2) 5 Feb 1877, John Courtney, d. 12 Feb 1880, m. (3) 22 Apr 1886, Jacob G. W. Sensibaugh. Nancy died 23 Nov 1907, Warner, Muskogee Co. OK.
i Elizabeth Bridewell b. ca 1855, m. 24 Aug 1876, Darius N. Davis, (son of Norman Davis and Eunice). Elizabeth died bef. 31 Aug 187_.
ii Amanda P. Bridewell b. 4 Apr 1858, d. 16 Sep 1859, Sullivan Co. MO. Buried Elmwood Cemetery, Milan, MO
iii Eliza Bridewell b. 1 Jul 1860, Sullivan Co. MO, d. 16 Jul 1860, Sullivan . Buried Elmwood Cemetery, Milan, Sullivan County.
iv Samantha E. Bridewell b. 3 Oct 1861, Sullivan Co. MO, d. 8 Jul 1862, Sullivan County. Buried Elmwood Cemetery, Milan, Sullivan County.
20. v John Andrew Bridewell b. 15 Aug 1867.
13. Eldad Reed "IV" b. 15 Mar 1837, Buncombe Co. NC, m. (1) 20 May 1861, in Sullivan Co. MO, Eliza M. Belt, d. ca 1872, m. (2) 13 Jun 1872, Sarah E. Green, b. Aug 1845. Eldad died 2 Aug 1917, Climax Springs, MO. Buried at Bethel Cemetery, Old Bethel Campground Church.
i Celia E. Reed b. 1863, Sullivan Co. MO (Possibly).
21. ii John Eldad Reed b. 17 May 1866.
22. iii Joseph Birch Reed b. 17 Jul 1868.
23. iv Martha "Mattie" Reed b. 1873.
24. v Mary Isabelle Reed b. 1 Dec 1874.
25. vi Minnie A. Reed b. Oct 1876.
26. vii Clarinda Susan Reed b. Nov 1878.
27. viii Andrew James Reed b. Dec 1880.
14. Asa M. Reed b. 27 Mar 1838, Buncombe Co. NC, m. 24 Dec 1861, in Putnam Co. MO, Nancy Watkins, b. 15 Oct 1845, d. 11 Jan 1929, Putnam Co. MO. Asa died 27 Feb 1916, Putnam Co. MO.
28. i John Wesley Reed b. 15 Oct 1862.
ii Amanda Jane Reed b. 13 Feb 1873, Putnam Co. MO, d. 16 Jun 1959, Putnam Co. MO.
iii Effa Reed b. 20 Jul 1880, Putnam Co. MO, d. 5 Sep 1882, Putnam Co. MO.
iv Ira Reed b. 27 Mar 1884, Putnam Co. MO, d. 20 Dec 1964, Putnam Co. MO.
15. Columbus Harrison Reed b. 3 May 1842, Buncombe Co. NC, m. 30 Mar 1862, in Sullivan Co. MO, Sarah Ellen Duskey, b. 11 Apr 1847, Boone Co. MO, (daughter of John William Duskey and Mary J. Green) d. 16 May 1914, Kansas City, Jackson Co. MO. Columbus died 21 Aug 1900, St. Joseph, Buchannon Co. MO. Buried at Oakwood Cemetery, Milan, Sullivan Co. MO. Columbus moved with his father to Sullivan County in 1860. Columbus Harrison farmed several hundred acres of land and became a successful cattle dealer. He also was a carpenter and finished many nice pieces of furniture as well as homes and other buildings. Columbus and Sarah raised their family in the Methodist Church and were active members of the community. Sarah: Buried Forest Hills Cemetery. Sarah Ellen moved to Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri in 1912
i James Lloyd Reed b. 15 Dec 1862, m. Emma Jane ?, b. 1863, d. 1951, Sullivan Co. MO.
ii Robert A. Reed b. 28 Jul 1865.
iii John William Reed b. 7 Sep 1868, m. 8 Aug 1888, in Milan, Sullivan Co. MO, Minnie B. Finney.
iv Mary E. Reed b. 11 Jul 1871.
v Fransway Payne Reed b. 11 Mar 1874.
vi Clay Dean Reed b. 28 Jan 1876.
vii Anna Maude Reed b. 22 Aug 1879.
viii Myrtle Cleveland Reed b. 30 Jul 1882.
ix Charles Harrison Raymond Reed b. 17 May 1889.
16. Fanny Jane Beck b. 12 May 1838, Haywood Co. NC, m. 27 Oct 1853, in Henderson Co. NC, William Pinckney Phillips. Fanny died 14 May 1873, Yell Co. AR.
29. i William Washington Phillips b. 4 May 1862.
17. Allen Foster Beck m. Mary Ann Stepp. Moved from NC to Clark Co. IL 1867
30. i Ann Rachel.Beck
18. Samuel Gallimore b. 26 Jul 1845, Daviess Co. MO, m. 1874, Elizabeth Mapes.
i Dr. John Gallimore.
ii Rose Gallimore m. ( ) Crabtree.
19. John Newton Rickman b. 2 May 1852, IN, m. 29 Jul 1876, in Coffey Co. KS, Mary Ella Fuqua, b. 25 Jul 1858, Adams Co. IL, (daughter of Elias D. Fuqua and Sarah L Spangler) d. 29 Jul 1929, Anaheim CA. John died 11 Jul 1937, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS.
31. i Jesse Wilburn Rickman b. 21 Jul 1877.
ii Nancy Louisa Rickman b. 18 Apr 1879, Osage Co. KS, d. 21 Dec 1882, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS.
32. iii Albert Arthur Rickman b. 10 Nov 1880.
33. iv Frank Newton Rickman b. 28 Mar 1882.
34. v Elsie Mable Rickman b. 24 Apr 1884.
35. vi Nellie Gertrude Rickman b. 13 Sep 1885.
36. vii Fannie Rickman b. 22 Sep 1887.
37. viii Charlie Harrison Rickman b. 3 Nov 1888.
38. ix Richard Earl Rickman b. 9 Jan 1892.
x John Ernest Rickman b. 16 Mar 1894.
xi George Milton Rickman b. 10 Dec 1895.
20. John Andrew Bridewell b. 15 Aug 1867, Valpariso, (now Pollock), Missouri, m. 18 Jan 1894, in Blackburn, Washington, Arkansas, Rosa Danner, (daughter of Andrew Danner and Margret A. Milligan). John died 22 Jul 1917, Austwell, Refugo, Texas. Moved to Warner Vann Township, Creek Indian Nation Muskogee, OK.
i Dollie Bridewell b. 6 Feb 1895, d. 24 Feb 1895.
ii Nellie Maue Bridewell b. 7 Mar 1896, m. Daniel ( . Nellie died 1925.
iii Daisy May Bridewell b. 15 Jun 1898, OK, m. (1) Walter Scott Gathright, m. (2) 8 Jul 1919, Starley Lee Thornton. Daisy died 14 Aug 1981, Victoria TX.
iv William Ralph Bridewell b. 27 Feb 1900, m. (1) Annalee Nora Conway, m. (2) _____ Arrie, m. (3) Katherine ( ). William died 2 Jan 1980.
v Clyde C. Bridewell b. 24 Mar 1904, m. 17 Oct 1927, Mildred Bernice Smith. Clyde died 23 Jun 1968.
vi Edna Bridewell b. 8 Apr 1911, d. 26 May 1911.
vii Raymond Bridewell b. 10 Mar 1914, d. 22 May 1914.
viii Christine Bridewell b. 11 Aug 1916, Austwell, Refugio, TX, m. (1) 8 Sep 1934, John William Cleveland, m. (2) 14 Aug 1948, James Byron Robinson. Christine died 27 Dec 1982, Locusville, Jefferson Co. TX.
ix Elmore Bridewel d. 25 Nov 1889.
21. John Eldad Reed b. 17 May 1866, Sullivan Co. MO (Possibly), m. ca 1891, in Missouri, Juliaette "Etta" J. McHenry, b. Sep 1866, Missouri, d. 19 Mar 1945, Portland, Multnomah Co. OR. John died 15 Nov 1954, Marion Co. Oregon.
i Elmer John Reed b. May 1893, MO, d. 1914, Minot, ND.
ii Conny D. Reed b. Nov 1894, Missouri, m. (1) Nina ( ), m. (2) Lucille M.( ). Conny died 2 May 1953, Portland, Multnomah Co. OR.
iii Myrtle Pearl Evelyn Reed b. 27 Sep 1895, Montrose, MO, m. (1) ( ) Gallagher, m. (2) Marvin Alfred Ostby, b. 30 May 1934, Portland, Oregon, d. 9 May 1966, Kokomo, IN. Myrtle died 6 Apr 1991, Kokomo, IN.
iv James Birch Reed b. ca. 1910, Minot, ND, m. (1) Emma ( ), m. (2) Patricia ( ). James died 19 Nov 1954, Portland, OR.
22. Joseph Birch Reed b. 17 Jul 1868, Sullivan Co. MO, m. 22 Aug 1897, in Sullivan Co. MO, Kate Victoria Judd, b. 26 Sep 1872, d. 30 Nov 1961, Minot, ND. Joseph died 12 Dec 1953, Minot, ND.
i Basil D. Reed b. 29 Jul 1898, ND, d. 31 Jan 1954, Minot, ND.
39. ii Cliff E. Reed b. 6 Sep 1900.
iii Freddie Reed b. ca. 1902, ND, d. ca 1905, Minot, ND.
40. iv Grace Reed b. 12 Oct 1904.
v Blanche Reed b. 13 May 1906, ND, m. William Kaufman. Blanche died 1987, Billings, MT.
23. Martha "Mattie" Reed b. 1873, Missouri, m. 27 Dec 1890, in Missouri, William Thomas Ray. Martha died 26 Apr 1910, Cross Timbers, Missouri.
41. i Effie Pearl Ray
42. ii Everett Ray.
43. iii Ina Belle Ray b. 20 Sep 1898.
44. iv Farris Ray b. 2 Apr 1900.
24. Mary Isabelle Reed b.1 Dec 1874, Missouri, m.11 Feb 1892, Ira I. Young. Mary died 4 Jan 1893, Camden County, Missouri.
45. i John E. Young b. Nov 1892.
25. Minnie A. Reed b. Oct 1876, Missouri, m. 22 Nov 1895, in Cross Timbers, Missouri, Anderson Andrew "Andy" Wisdom, b. ca 1875. Minnie died 9 Feb 1916, Morgan County, Missouri.
i Herbert Russell Wisdom.
46. ii Ura Wisdom b. 17 Dec 1896.
iii Ola Agnes Wisdom b. 9 May 1898, Missouri, d. Jul 1983, Clinton, Missouri.
47. iv Ora Wisdom b. 29 Nov 1899.
v Arvill (Orville) Ansell Wisdom b. 1 May 1902, Missouri, d. 9 Nov 1958, Montana.
vi Selma H. Wisdom b. 28 Nov 1903, Missouri, m. Paul Lihme. Selma died 25 Mar 1990, St. Louis, Missouri.
48. vii Dan C. Wisdom b. 23 Feb 1905.
48. viii Cecil H. Wisdom b. 24 Jul 1909.
ix Nellie Wisdom b. 15 Feb 1911, Missouri, m. 24 Oct 1930, in Alton, Illinois, Virgil Hoover.
x Eldad Carmen Wisdom b. 21 Jan 1913, Morgan County, Missouri, m. 24 Aug 1940, in St. Charles, Missouri, Albert Nowak.
26. Clarinda Susan Reed b. Nov 1878, Missouri, m. (1) ca 1900, in Camden County, Missouri, Joseph F. Dalton, m. (2) ca 1904, Arnold (Rev.) Tucker. Clarinda died 3 Nov 1949, Cross Timbers, Missouri.
i Euba Dalton m. ( ) Mayberry.
ii Vernon Tucker Dalton b. 27 Jul 1906, Missouri, m.Lela ( ). Vernon died Jan 1983, Climax Springs, Missouri.
50. iii Hadley Dalton b. 25 Nov 1908.
27. Andrew James Reed b. Dec 1880, Hickory County, Missouri, m. 2 Jan 1909, in Laclede County, Missouri, America Drucella Agee, b. 19 Oct 1885, Missouri, d. 3 Dec 1971, at Darr Nursing Home. Andrew died 13 Oct 1915, Cross Timbers, Missouri. Buried at Bethel Campground Cemetery. He has no headstone only a rock. Andrew died 4 months before Vester and Lester were born. America: Buried at Alfa, outside of Laredo, Missouri
51. i Elbert D. Reed b. 11 Dec 1910.
ii Osie Fern Reed b. 23 Feb 1912.
52. iii Maple S. Reed b. 1913.
iv Lester James Reed b. 19 Feb 1916, Cross Timbers, Missouri, m. Sallie ( ), b. 21 Jan 1901, d. 21 Feb 1988, Buried Evergreen Cemetery, Brayer, MO. Lester died Buried Evergreen Cemetery, Brayer, MO.
53. v Vester James Reed b. 19 Feb 1916.
28. John Wesley Reed b. 15 Oct 1862, Putnam Co. MO, m. (1) Esther Belle Letch, b. 2 Jun 1866, d. 17 Dec 1899, Putnam Co. MO, m. (2) Laura Alexander, b. 20 Nov 1872, d. Nov 1953, Putnam Co. MO. John died 7 Oct 1941, Putnam Co. MO.
i Lottie V Reed b. 1 Sep 1885.
29. William Washington Phillips b. 4 May 1862, Henderson Co. NC, m. 10 Jan 1884, in Yell Co. AR, Martha Jane 'Mattie' Smith, b. 16 Oct 1866, Bartholomew Co. IN, d. 31 Jan 1942, Ada OK. William died 2 Jul 1947, Ada OK.
54. i Henry Norven Phillips b. 22 Mar 1885.
30. Ann Rachel Beck m. Ferdinand Williams.
55. i John D. Williams.
31. Jesse Wilburn Rickman b. 21 Jul 1877, Osage Co. KS, m. 16 Jul 1900, in Hall Summitt, Coffey Co. KS, Elma Pearl Nutt, b. 17 Jan 1879, High Point NC, d. 27 Jul 1913, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS. Jesse died 17 Aug 1950, Watsonville CA.
i Victor Earl Rickman b. 9 May 1901, Coffey Co. KS, d. Jul 1949, Modesto CA.
56. ii Clarence Wallace Rickman b. 12 Oct 1903.
32. Albert Arthur Rickman b. 10 Nov 1880, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 1 Nov 1900, in Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, Jessie Ethel Ramey, b. 1 Nov 1885, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, d. Apr 1977, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS. Albert died 26 Aug 1963, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS.
i Florence Faye Rickman b. 10 Apr 1902, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 1 Jul 1925, in Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, Fred Leroy Makepeace. Florence died 25 Jan 1975, Leroy KS.
ii Clyde Arthur Rickman b. 3 Apr 1904, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 14 Sep 1926, in Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, Mary Ellen Barnhart, b. Waverly, Coffey Co. KS. Clyde died Apr 1981, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS.
iii Bessie Mae Rickman b. 18 Feb 1906, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 23 Jul 1930, in Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, George Eli Jennings, b. Waverly, Coffey Co. KS.
33. Frank Newton Rickman b. 28 Mar 1882, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 1 Mar 1904, in Emporia KS, Bessie M. Newcomer, b. 8 Sep 1887, Coffey Co. KS, d. 10 Jul 1987, Burlington, Coffey Co. KS. Frank died 1 Dec 1951.
i Oliver Rickman b. 12 Oct 1905, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 13 Feb 1927, Ruth Henrietta Eisile.
ii Harold Roe Rickman b. 3 Apr 1908, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 1 Dec 1928, Irene Hazel Beard.
iii Dwight Harley Rickman b. 24 Nov 1920, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. Betty Marie Gray. Dwight died 15 Jan 1967.
iv Donald Rex Rickman b. 8 May 1910, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 11 Jan 1931, in Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, Dale Fields, b. Waverly, Coffey Co. KS. Donald died 1990, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS.
v Velma Rickman b. 5 May 1913, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. Apr 1933, Harold McKinstry.
vi Berniece Rickman b. 30 Jan 1917, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. (1) ( ) Parker, m. (2) 30 Oct 1937, Ralph Joseph Jackson.
vii Dorothy Rickman b. 11 Nov 1925, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 19 Nov 1943, William Ware Allen.
viii Mary Jane Rickman b. 20 May 1931, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 9 Feb 1957, Donald D. Heckert, b. Harrisburg OR.
34. Elsie Mable Rickman b. 24 Apr 1884, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. (1) Jul 1908, in Emporia KS, Theodore Conley, d. Apr 1920, Watsonville CA, m. (2) 1922, in Emporia KS, Joseph Whalen. Elsie died 29 Nov 1952, Watsonville CA. Two sons are known, but they are not listed as they may still be living.
35. Nellie Gertrude Rickman b. 13 Sep 1885, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. Cashus Hicks. Nellie died Apr 1960, Saratoga CA. Three sons and two daughters are not listed, as they may still be living.
36. Fannie Ethel b. 22 Sep 1887, Waverly Coffey Co KS, m. 17 Oct 1903, in Emporia KS, Ernest Monroe. Fannie died 8 Dec 1970, San Diego CA. Her children are not listed; they may still be living.
37. Charlie Harrison Rickman b. 3 Nov 1888, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 23 May 1910, Lottie Belle Smith, b. Melvern KS. Charlie died 18 Mar 1947, Idaho Falls ID.
38. Richard Earl Rickman b. 9 Jan 1892, Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, m. 19 Jan 1913, in Waverly, Coffey Co. KS, Bertha Mae Fuqua. Richard died 16 Jul 1962, Saratoga CA. He had four children who will not be listed as they may still be living.
39. Cliff E. Reed b. 6 Sep 1900, North Dakota, m. Kathryn Feist. Cliff died 18 Feb 1974, Minot, North Dakota. His two children cannot be listed.
40. Grace Reed b. 12 Oct 1904, North Dakota, m. Edgar Smith. Grace died 20 May 1978, Minot, North Dakota. She had one daughter, who will not be listed.
41. Effie Pearl Ray m. (1) Ezekiel Francis Cox, m. (2) ( ) Taylor. Effie died 29 Aug 1984, Independence, Missouri. He had additional children.
i Richard Cox m. Dorothy Barnes. Richard died 16 Jul 1991, Cross Timbers, Missouri.
42. Everett Ray m. Rayetta Roberts. Everett died 14 Oct 1959, Edwards, Missouri.
43. Ina Belle Ray b. 20 Sep 1898, m. William Andrew Simpson. Ina died 20 Sep 1981, St. Joseph, Missouri. She had four children who will not be listed here. .
44. Farris Ray b. 2 Apr 1900, Missouri, m. 18 Jun 1919, in Hickory County, Missouri Nona ( ). Farris died 21 Nov 1970, Climax Springs, Missouri. He had three children.
45. John E. Young b. Nov 1892, Missouri, m. 25 Dec 1914, in Macks Creek, Missouri, Iva Crane. John died 28 Jun 1978, Macks Creek, Missouri. He had three children.
46. Ura Wisdom b. 17 Dec 1896, Missouri, m. George Bailey. Ura died 20 Jun 1980, Alton, IL.
47. Ora Wisdom b. 29 Nov 1899, Missouri, m. Alice ( ). Ora died 28 Feb 1984, Garden City, Missouri. She had two sons.
48. Dan C. Wisdom b. 23 Feb 1905, Missouri, m. 24 Nov 1926, in Henry County, Missouri, Ruth Batschlet. Dan died 23 Jul 1986, Butler, Missouri. He had three children.
49. Cecil H. Wisdom b. 24 Jul 1909, Missouri, m. 6 Sep 1933, in Clinton, Missouri, Ruth Muriel. Cecil died 22 Dec 1984, Clinton, Missouri. He had two sons.
50. Hadley Tucker b. 25 Nov 1908, Hickory County, Missouri, m. 24 Mar 1929, in Sedalia, Missouri, Faye Velma Simmons. Hadley died 10 Oct 1976, Marshall, Missouri. He had a total of 11 children.
51. Elbert D. Reed b. 11 Dec 1910, m. Mary Helen Owen. Elbert died 10 Sep 1970, Columbia, Missouri. Buried at Alpha Cemetery at Laredo, Missouri Mary: Mary Helen Owen is the sister to Wayne C. Owen who married Maple S. Reed the sister of Elbert Reed. He had four children.
52. Maple S. Reed b. 1913, m. Wayne C. Owen, b. 3 Jul 1911, Fristoe, Missouri, d. 7 Apr 1970, Kansas City, Missouri. Wayne: Buried at Brooking Cemetery, Raytown, Missouri Wayne C. Owen is the brother of Mary Helen Owen the wife of Elbert Reed who is the brother of Maple S. Reed. She had two children.
53. Vester James Reed b. 19 Feb 1916, Hickory County, Missouri, m. 8 Nov 1944, in Gilman City, Missouri, Wilda Gertrude Sims, b. 11 May 1917, Milan, Sullivan County, Mo., (daughter of John Thomas Sims and Clara Edna White) d. 5 Jul 1998, Kansas City, Missouri. Vester died 13 Jul 1992, Gladstone, Missouri. He had one son.
54. Henry Norven Phillips b. 22 Mar 1885, Dardanelle, Yell Co. AR, m. Helena Flora Haug, b. 3 Jan 1889, Oakland CA, d. 13 Jul 1976, Hayward CA. Henry died 6 Jul 1955, San Francisco CA.
i Hollis N. Phillips b. 6 Jul 1915, Oakland CA, m. (1) Ruth Rosemary Rock, m. (2) Ruth Mildred Andresen.
55. John D. Williams. John had one daughter.
56. Clarence Wallace Rickman b. 12 Oct 1903, Waverly Coffey Co KS, m. (1) 1924, _____ Dorothy, m. (2) 13 May 1934, in Lawrence KS, Estella Florence Hanes, b. 6 Jun 1912, Waverly Coffey Co KS, d. 24 Sep 1958, McPherson, KS, m. (3) 1944, in California, Peggy ( ), m. (4) 1946, in California, Alene Bledsoe, b. Oklahoma, d. California. Clarence died 23 Nov 1968, Modesto CA.
This page last modified: Saturday, 05-Feb-2000 12:06:07 PST
You are our 4th visitor -- thanks for stopping by!