From the files of Hugh B.Johnston, Jr., Wilson, N.C.
From the Book Bible Records of Early Edgecombe:
Book by Ruth Smith Williams and Margarette Glenn Griffin.
|Josiah Robert Horn, son of Jacob Horn and wife Millicent Thomas, was born in Edgecombe County in 1797 and died in Sumter County, Alabama, Oct. 1840, a notice of his death appearing in the " Tarheel Free Press," Nov. 7, 1840. On February 23,, 1818, he married Delitha Deberry, daughter of Lemuel Deberry and wife Zilphia Ellis. She was born on April 24, 1802.|
1.Delphia MIllicent Horn was born on February 25, 1819.
2. DR. Josiah Robert Horn was born on April 3, 1827, and died on May 22, 1881. He married Mary R. Nash.
3. Rebecca Frances Horn was born on March 21, 1829, in Edgecombe County.
4. Polly Ann Horn was born on September 9, 1831. She married Llewellyn Blevins.
5. Henry Samuel Horn was born on January 3, 1834, in Sumter County.
6. William Edmond Horn was born on april 14, 1836.
7. Martha Delitha Priscilla Horn was born on December 4, 1840.
NOTE: I am not sure if this Horne is of the same family as the ones before that I typed. Use your own judgement on this next Horne.
From the files of Hugh B. Johnston, Wilson, N.C.
Josiah Horne, son of Abishai Hornes and wife Ann Ricks, was accidentally killed on February 6, 1915. He married Frances "Fannie" Thorpe, daughter of Henry Thorpe and wife Prilla Harris. She was born on March 25, 1785.
1. Priscilla Horne was born on November 12, 1805; d. Jan. 6,1880. She m. (1)Jacob Geraldus Fort; m. (2) Oct. 12, 1837, Redmond Daughtry, b. Apr.14, 1809;
d. Apr. 19, 1880.
2. Henry H. Horne was born on November 25, 1807.
3. Abishai B. Horne was born on March 19, 1809, died before 1815.
4. Mary Ann Horne was born on October 19, 1810.
5. Joshua Lawrence Horne was born on November 2, 1813.