1. JOHANN GEORG1 MOSER was born 1684 in Germany. He married EVA ECKERSWEILER Bef. 1718 in Germany. She was born in Germany.
Notes for JOHANN
Johann Georg Moser (1684) and his wife Eva Eckersweiler immigrated on the Ship, Adventure in 1732 together with Georg's brother, Michael Moser, his wife Susanna and children: Simon, Jerack (Georg), Anna Barbara and Anna Maria. Also on the Adventure was their son Leonard Moser (1718-1782). Adam and martin Moser, who arrived on the ship, James Goodwill in 1728. Leonard, Adam and Martin Moser are usually identified as sons of Johann Georg and Eva, however there isn't any proof. Moravian records from 1773, as well as a Davidson County, NC court deposition in 1837 by John Beck, age 77, support the notion that Leonard and Adam were brothers. (Information taken from the Moser Family Page, Faye Moran's website)
Child of JOHANN
MOSER and EVA ECKERSWEILER is:
2. i. LEONARD2 MOSER, b. Abt. 1718, Probably PA; d. 1782, Stokes Co, N.C. (now Forsyth Co, NC).
Generation No. 2
2. LEONARD2 MOSER (JOHANN GEORG1) was born Abt. 1718 in Probably PA, and died 1782 in Stokes Co, N.C. (now Forsyth Co, NC). He married (1) MARIA KOCHER 1744 in Frederick Co, MD. She died Bef. 1749 in Frederick Co, MD. He married (2) SARAH BINCKELE Aft. 1744 in Frederick Co, MD. She was born 1733 in Probably PA, and died 1820 in Stokes Co, N. C. (now Forsyth Co, NC).
Notes for LEONARD
Leonard Moser lived in Lancaster Co, PA and Frederick Co, MD early on and married Maria Kocher in 1744 at the Middletown Evangelical Lutheran Church, Frederick Co. Leonard and his 2nd wife, Sarah Binckele joined Graceham Moravian Church in Frederick Co. Leonard came to Wachovia in the summer to look at land, and appears on the 1774 Surry County, NC tax list, in the region that later became Stokes and eventually Forsyth County.
Leonard Jr. and Michael and possibly some of the other older children seem to have remained in MD when their parents moved to NC. After Leonard's death in 1782, hiw widow, Sarah, married Edward Nathaniel Bartley. Her rapid remarriage may have been prompted by a court order that she have her children bound out (this was the practice during that time). It appears she may have sent the 2 youngest sons, Henry & John, to Maryland at this time. Henry testified on the pension application filed by Michael Moser's widow in 1856 that he married in Maryland before he and Michael left for NC in 1790. John Moser was also back in NC by at least 1795 when he married Polly Smith.
Will names sons Leonard, Jr, John,
Peter, Jacob, Michael, Francis, Samuel, Christian, and Henry; daughters
Mary Elizabeth and Christina. Leonard, Jr. received only one
probably because he remained in Maryland.
(Information taken from Moser Family Page, Faye Moran's website)
Notes for SARAH
Sarah's Will gives her bed and furniture to "whichever child in whose house I die." She names children Sarah Volk, Ann Mary Wolff, Elizabeth Hess, Christina Geiger, and Peter, Francis, Christian, Henry, Michael and John Moser.
(Information from Moser Family Page, Faye Moran's website)
Child of LEONARD
MOSER and MARIA KOCHER is:
i. ANNA MARGARETHA3 MOSER.
LEONARD MOSER and SARAH BINCKELE are:
ii. LEONARDS3 MOSER, JR., b. 1749, MD; d. Abt. 1821, Probably Frederick Co, MF; m. ELIZABETH CHRISTINA SCHENCKEL.
iii. JACOB MOSER, b. 1751; d. Abt. 1794; m. ELIZABETH ONSETT.
3. iv. PETER MOSER, b. 1753; d. 1821.
4. v. MARIA SARAH MOSER, b. 1755; d. 1850.
vi. ANNA MARIA MOSER, b. 1757.
vii. SAMUEL MOSER, b. 1761.
viii. FRANCIS MOSER, b. 1763.
ix. CHRISTIAN MOSER, b. 1765.
x. JOHANNA ELIZABETH MOSER, b. 1767.
5. xi. HENRY MOSER, b. 1769.
xii. JOSEPH MOSER, b. 1772.
xiii. CHRISTINA MOSER, b. 1774.
xiv. JOHN MOSER, b. 1776.
6. xv. MICHAEL MOSER, b. 1759; d. Bet. 1816 - 1818.
Generation No. 3
3. PETER3 MOSER (LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1753, and died 1821. He married (1) ANNA CATHARINA WOLFF 1763. She died Aft. 1802. He married (2) MARGARETHA M.N.UNKNOWN Aft. 1802. She died Bef. 1821.
Children of PETER
MOSER and ANNA WOLFF are:
7. i. JOHN HENRY4 MOSER, b. 1783, Stokes Co, N.C.; d. 1836, Probably NC.
ii. PETER MOSER, JR., b. Abt. 1785.
iii. WILLIAM MOSER, b. 1789.
iv. JACOB MOSER, b. 1791.
v. JOHN ADAM MOSER, b. Abt. 1793.
vi. CATHARINA MOSER, b. Abt. 1794.
8. vii. SARAH (SALLY) MARTHA MOSER, b. Abt. 1795.
viii. DANIEL MOSER, b. 1799; m. (1) REBECCA MOSER; b. 1798; d. 1860; m. (2) NANCY L. WILLIAMS; d. Newton Co, MO.
ix. SUSANNA MOSER, b. 1802.
x. REBECCA MOSER, b. Aft. 1802.
Child of PETER
MOSER and MARGARETHA M.N.UNKNOWN is:
xi. MARY4 MOSER.
4. MARIA SARAH3 MOSER (LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1755, and died 1850. She married JOHANN ADAM FULK 1773 in Bethania in Stokes (now Forsyth) Co, NC. He was born September 11, 1753 in Allemaengel, PA.
More About MARIA
Went by name Sally
Child of MARIA
MOSER and JOHANN FULK is:
9. i. JOHANN ADAM4 FULK, b. October 16, 1780, Stokes Co, N.C..
5. HENRY3 MOSER (LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1769 and died 1863. He married MAGDALENA SCHENKEL.
Child of HENRY
MOSER and MAGDALENA SCHENKEL is:
10. i. ADAM4 MOSER, b. 1812.
6. MICHAEL3 MOSER (LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1759, and died Bet. 1816 - 1818. He married CATHERINE KOLLER. She was born 1763, and died 1844.
MICHAEL MOSER and CATHERINE KOLLER are:
11. i. ELIZABETH4 MOSER, b. 1787.
ii. JOHN MOSER, b. 1785.
iii. MARIA (POLLY) MOSER, b. 1794.
iv. MARIA CATHARINA MOSER, b. 1797; d. 1886; m. FREDERICK FULK; b. 1790; d. 1869.
v. JOHN JACOB MOSER, b. 1799.
vi. JOHN MOSER, b. 1785.
Generation No. 4
7. JOHN HENRY4 MOSER (PETER3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1783 in Stokes Co, N.C., and died 1836 in Probably NC. He married (1) MARIA CATHARINA GEIGER. She was born 1777, and died 1805. He married (2) ELIZABETH MOSER, daughter of MICHAEL MOSER and CATHERINE KOLLER. She was born 1787.
Elizabeth & John Henry were cousins
Child of JOHN
MOSER and ELIZABETH MOSER is:
12. i. JOSIAH5 MOSER, b. 1825; d. 1887.
8. SARAH (SALLY) MARTHA4 MOSER (PETER3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born Abt. 1795. She married (1) JOSEPH CULLER June 11, 1817 in Stokes Co, NC. He was born Abt. 1794 in Stokes Co, N.C., and died Bef. 1839 in Stokes Co, N.C.. She married (2) ABRAHAM VOLCK September 04, 1839 in Stokes Co, NC.
Notes for ABRAHAM
Abraham, born May 23, 1790, is the son of Wilhelm and Magdalena Volck. He is not listed on the Volck/Fulk Family page of Faye Moran’s website or by Luther Byrd in his “Fulk Family History”, however, the Moravian records of Old Salem, NC shows him as Wilhelm’s son. Marriage records of Stokes Co, NC shows he married Sarah M. Culler on September 14, 1839.
Abraham is a
cousin of Adam Fulk and the step-father of Adam's wife, Paulina.
He was the bondsman for the Marriage Bond of Adam and Paulina Culler Fulk.
Adam and Paulina were married 24 days after Abraham married Paulina's mother,
Sarah (Sally) Moser Culler.
Children of SARAH
MOSER and JOSEPH CULLER are:
13. i. PAULINA5 CULLER, b. Abt. 1824, NC; d. Aft. 1887, Stokes Co, N.C..
ii. NANCY CULLER.
iii. MARTIN ARMSTRONG CULLER.
iv. JOSEPH TYSON CULLER.
v. JOHN WESLEY CULLER.
vi. AUGUSTIN H. CULLER.
vii. LOUISA CULLER.
viii. DELITHA CULLER.
ix. WILLIAM WASHINGTON CULLER.
x. RICHARD ALEXANDER CULLER.
9. JOHANN ADAM4 FULK (MARIA SARAH3 MOSER, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born October 16, 1780 in Stokes Co, N.C.. He married MOLLIE SCHUTZ 1804 in Stokes Co, NC.
More About JOHANN
Went by name Adam
Child of JOHANN
FULK and MOLLIE SCHUTZ is:
14. i. ADAM5 FULK, JR., b. Abt. 1811, NC; d. Aft. 1887.
10. ADAM4 MOSER (HENRY3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1812. He married SUSAN BOLES.
Children of ADAM
MOSER and SUSAN BOLES are:
i. JOSEPH E.5 MOSER, b. Abt. 1840; m. REBECCA CARLISLE, March 31, 1861, Surry Co, NC; b. September 18, 1838, Randolph Co, NC; d. Unknown.
15. ii. GABRIEL MOSER, b. Abt. 1846, NC. He married EMILINE CARLISLE
11. ELIZABETH4 MOSER (MICHAEL3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1787. She married JOHN HENRY MOSER, son of PETER MOSER and ANNA WOLFF. He was born 1783 in Stokes Co, N.C., and died 1836 in Probably NC.
Elizabeth & John Henry were cousins
Child is listed above under (7) John Henry Moser.
Generation No. 5
12. JOSIAH5 MOSER (JOHN HENRY4, PETER3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born 1825, and died 1887. He married SARAH JENETTE WESTMORELAND. She was born July 18, 1835, and died September 17, 1926.
Children of JOSIAH
MOSER and SARAH WESTMORELAND are:
i. GIDEON NATHANIEL6 MOSER, b. 1854.
ii. MARTHA E. MOSER, b. 1858.
iii. JOHN SILAS MOSER, b. 1869.
13. PAULINA5 CULLER (SARAH (SALLY) MARTHA4 MOSER, PETER3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born Abt. 1824 in NC, and died Aft. 1887 in Stokes Co, N.C.. She married ADAM FULK, JR. September 28, 1839 in Stokes Co, NC, son of JOHANN Adam FULK and MOLLIE SCHUTZ. He was born Abt. 1811 in NC, and died Aft. 1887.
PAULINA CULLER and ADAM FULK are:
i. JAMES H.6 FULK, b. Abt. 1842, NC.
16. ii. NANCY S. FULK, b. Abt. 1847, Stokes Co, NC; d. Aft. 1931, Stokes Co, N.C..
iii. ELIZA FULK, b. Abt. 1853.
iv. S. FULK, b. Abt. 1855.
v. NATHANIEL FULK, b. Abt. 1859.
vi. COLUMBUS FULK, b. Abt. 1861.
vii. JULIA S FULK, b. Abt. 1864.
viii. AUGUSTINE FULK, b. 1866.
Name is hard to read on 1880 Census
14. ADAM5 FULK, JR. (JOHANN ADAM4, MARIA SARAH3 MOSER, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born Abt. 1811 in NC, and died Aft. 1887. He married PAULINA CULLER September 28, 1839 in Stokes Co, NC, daughter of JOSEPH CULLER and SARAH MOSER. She was born Abt. 1824 in NC, and died Aft. 1887 in Stokes Co, N.C..
Children are listed above under (13) Paulina Culler.
15. GABRIEL5 MOSER (ADAM4, HENRY3, LEONARD2, JOHANN GEORG1) was born Abt. 1846 in NC. He married EMALINE CARLISLE November 14, 1868 in Stokes Co, NC. She was born January 30, 1841 in NC (Probably Randolph Co), and died Unknown.
Child of GABRIEL
MOSER and EMALINE CARLISLE is:
i. FRANCIS6 MOSER, b. 1869, NC.
Generation No. 6
S.6 FULK (ADAM5, JOHANN ADAM4, MARIA SARAH3 MOSER, LEONARD2, JOHANN
GEORG1) was born Abt. 1847 in Stokes Co, NC, and died Aft. 1931 in
Stokes Co, N.C.. She married (1)
JAMES MADISON CARLISLE November 02, 1873. He was born February
1850 in Stokes Co, NC, and died Bef. 1887 in Stokes Co, NC. She
(2) JAMES MASTIN WALL September 26, 1887 in Nancy was the 3rd wife of
Mastin Wall. He was born 1816 in Halifax, VA, and died 1894 in
Children of NANCY
FULK and JAMES CARLISLE are:
i. MARY ELLEN7 CARLISLE, b. November 23, 1874, Surry County, NC; d. April 23, 1935, Stokes Co, N.C.; m. TROY EDWARD BUTNER, Abt. 1894, Surry County, NC; b. 1875, NC; d. 1946, NC.
ii. JOHN WESLEY CARLISLE, b. July 06, 1876, Stokes or Surry Co, N.C.; d. July 30, 1916, St Clair Co, Caseville Twp, IL; m. SARAH LUSETTA WESTMORELAND, October 16, 1902, Stokes County, NC; b. April 11, 1880, Stokes Co., NC (Yadkin twp); d. July 09, 1968, Forsyth Co., NC.
iii. MARLINA LESSIE CARLISLE, b. December 23, 1879, Stokes Co, N.C.; d. January 01, 1953, Chatham Co, NC; m. JOHN L. BRIGGS, February 03, 1897, Stokes Co, NC; b. Abt. 1874, Stokes Co, N.C.; d. Aft. 1953.
iv. JOSEPH CARLISLE, b. June 1883, Stokes Co, N.C.; d. Abt. 1940, MO; m. BIRDELLA BROOKS LADD, Abt. 1920, IL; b. Salem, IN.
Child of NANCY
FULK and JAMES WALL is:
v. ADAM7 WALL, b. Abt. 1888.
"The Boyd Family".
Moser Family Pages, Faye Moran
“Immigrants Into Pennsylvania”
Passenger list: “Adventure 1732”
Passenger list: “James Goodwill 1728”
1850 Census, Stokes Co, NC.
1860 Census, Stokes Co, NC.
1860 Census, Surry Co, NC.
1870 Census, Stokes Co, NC.
1880 Census, Stokes Co, NC.
1920 Census, Stokes Co, NC.
Court Record: Dower of Nancy S Wall.
Deeds, Register of Deeds, Stokes Co, NC.
Death Certificate of Nancy Fulk Carlisle Wall
Marriage Bond of Adam Fulk & Paulina Culler.
Marriage License, Nancy Fulk Carlisle & James Mastin Wall.
Marriage License of John Wesley Carlisle & Sarah Westmoreland.
Marriage License of Nancy S Fulk & James Madison Carlisle.
Marriage Records, Stokes Co, NC.
Moravian Archives, Salem, Forsyth Co, NC.
Will of James Mastin Wall.