With thanks to John Blyth Dobson who compiled a history of the Flint family, and to Michael Tedd who helped fill in the blanks in the "English" data. John Dobson has an excellent page that also describes the same Teed line
Descendants of Thomas Teed
Thomas TEED was born 1758, and died 1834 in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. He married Susannah ALLEN.
Children of Thomas and Susannah are:
i. Henry, b. 1793; d. 1868; m. Mary MADGHAM, March 11, 1821, Boston, Lincs., England. Henry was a master mariner, of Wisbech. For Henry's descendants, see next section
ii. John, b. 1785; m (1) Elizabeth ASHLEY (1782-1840) and (2). Rebecca HAMMANT (1801-1869). Children of John & Elizabeth are: Henry 1809-1853, William 1811 - 1880 (m. Elizabeth WILKINSON), Susannah b. 1812, John 1814-1815, Marianne born 1816 (m. William WILSON), John 1817-1818, Louisa Ashley b. 1820 (m. Charles LEE), Sarah 1821-1832 and Eliza born 1824 (m. Thomas WITHERSPOON)
iii. Rose Mary, b. 1790; d. 1832; m. Robert CHANCE who was born in 1789. Children of Rose & Robert: Susannah Teed born 1813 (m. William Chapman NIXON), John, Sarah, Caroline Elizabeth, Rosanna Maria, and Arabella Elvina Louise
iv. Thomas TEED, b. 1791; d. 1854; m. (1) Mary Ann SARGISON; m. (2) Mary Ann DANDERSON, Aft. 1828. Thomas had 9 children
v. Hugh, b. 1796 d. 1857, married Rose Mary NIXON (1799-1884). Hugh & Rose had 10 children
vi. James 1799-1799
vii. Sarah, 1800-1800
viii. Susannah, born 1800
ix. James Jordan, 1801-1869
Descendants of Henry Teed
1. Henry TEED (s/o Thomas) was born 1793, and died 1868. He married Mary MADGHAM on March 11, 1821 in Boston, Lincs., England, daughter of John MADGHAM and Ann COULSON.
from The Jurist, by Great Britain Courts, vol XI, part !1, for the year 1847:
page 140 - "Wed April 7, Orders have been made, vesting in the Provincial Assignes in the Estates and Effect of the following Persons (On their own petitions) ......[other names] .... Henry Teed, Wisbeach St. Peter, Isle of Ely, Cambridgeshire, master mariner - in the Gaol of Cambridge
page 260 - "The following Prisoners are ordered to be brought up before the Court ... Court house Cambridge (County) July 8 at 10, Henry Teed, Wisbeach St. Peter Isle of Ely Cambridgeshire"
Children of Henry TEED and Mary MADGHAM are:
i. Ann, b. 1822 (christened 21 May), Boston, Lincs., England; m. Thomas PEAR (born 1822).
ii. Mary Rose, b. April 06, 1824, Boston, Lincs; d. November 20, 1898, Toronto, Ontario; m. GEORGE III FLINT, August 11, 1842, St. Peters, Wisbeach. Both are buried at Mount Pleasant cemetery, Toronto.
In 1852, George & Mary Rose sailed from Liverpool, to Rochester NY, and then in 1855 they moved to Stouffville, Ontario
iii. Susannah, b. 1826 (christened 28 Aug). m. Emmanuel PALMER in 1849. Their children:
- Maria DeSilva Palmer, b. 27-Jul-1850
- Emmanuel b. 20-Aug-1852 in Methwold, West Norfolk
- Louis Henry b. 24 September 1854, Methwold,
- Leopauldro b. 25-Mar-1856, Methwoeld
- Ryfealyer DeSilva Palmer b. 19-Sep-1859 Methwold (Raefelia, his wife & 3 of their 5 children perished in the Diptheria epidemic of 1894)
- Francisco b. 16-Dec-1860, Methwold
- Angelo Stephen b. Aug 1864, Methwold
- Unather DaSilva b. 16-Jan-1867, Methwold
- Donathan Thursalht b. 19-Feb-1863, Methwold
- Delphener Honor b. 8-Sep-1869, Methwold
iv. Henry Madgham, b. 1829 (christened 26 June) , Boston, Lincs., England; m. MARY McBRIDE, 1854, St. Lawrence Cof E church, Sydney, NSW, Australia. Children of Henry & Mary: Henry George b. 1855 died 1856 in Fra Victoria; Frederick Charles b. 1856 in B'worth Victoria; M. (must have been illegible) b. 1859 in Ovens River Victoria; William Joseph b. 1861 in Ovens Victoria. Lastly, their son Arnold Melbourne TEED was born in 1874 in Canada and he married in Chicago.
Frederick Charles TEED m. Fannie Almira CLARKE on 17 Feb 1892 in Chicago, and Annie HARDMAN on 28 Feb 1893 also in Chicago. Henry M. Teed married Frankie PAYUNK on 16 Oct. 1888 in Chicago. It's possible that the Sydney Teed who was informant for Arnold Melbourne Teed's death cert. was a brother of Arnold (son of Henry and Mary) Note spelling of Sydney rather than Sidney. Henry M. Teed (father) had something to do with Shipping. They probably went to Canada between 1861-74 with 1874 being the more correct and then came to Chicago in 1878-1880. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on this family.
v. Charlotte, b. 1831. Married John Thomas SPIKINGS. They had one daughter, Charlotte Ann SPIKING born abt 1872 who married William Lorenzo CONKLIN, s/o John CONKLIN & Mary A. Charlotte & William had two daughters, Lillian CONKLIN b. 1901 & Ada CONKLIN b. 1905.
Both Charlotte & John Thomas SPIKINGS are buried in Thornbury-Clarksburg cemetery (Ontario). Charlotte died in 1900 and John died in 1899.
John SPIKING's sister was Mary Ann SPIKING who married Charlotte TEED's brother, George Jordan TEED. Both John Thomas & Mary Ann were born in Wisbeach England
In the 1871 census John T. & Charlotte are in Euphrasia twp., next to George & Mary Ann Teed.
vi. Sarah, b. 1834.
vii. Emma, b. 1837; d. 1838.
viii. John Madgham, b. 1839; d. 1900; m. (1) Elizabeth HARLAND; m. (2) Salena.
ix. George Jordan, b. 1842, Cambridgeshire England; d. 5 Jan 1887 of "apoplexia pulmonalis" (death reg # 5609-87), lot 25, con 5, Euphrasia twp., Grey Co., Ontario; m. Mary Ann SPIKINGS. Mary Ann died May 3, 1874 at age 32, and is buried in Collingwood. George's second wife was Mary REAR. She died of carcinoma in June of 1888 (ill for 3 years). Death reg # 5738-88 and the informant on that registration was illegible FLINT of Ravenna, Ontario. In the 1871 census, George & Mary Ann were tenants on lot 10, con 1 of Euphrasia twp. Next to them, as owners on lot 9, con 1, were John & Charlotte SPIKING - John age 28 & Charlotte age 35. George is buried with his first wife, but I am not sure where Mear REAR is buried.
George & family are in the LDS 1881 census as "Leed". George is a 37 yr old widower.
Children of George & Mary Ann SPIKING:
1. Herbert TEED, married Annie McDOUGALL, d/o Alexander & Catherine, on 2 May 1890 at Ravenna. Witn: L. FLINT & Katey PLUMMER, by Rev. Paul FLINT (Herbert was Meth., Annie was Friends). Herbert was born in England, about 1867
- Herbert was a Farmer, on lot 4, con 1 in Euphrasia twp. Their daughter was Ida Rose TEED was born March 22, 1891 in Euphrasia. In the 1891 census, she was an only child. Also in the 1891 census, Herbert was age 24, born in England, a Quaker. His wife Annie was age 20, born in Ontario (father born in England, mother born in Scotland). Herbert's sister Sarah E. was with them.
- Herbert (1866-1938) is buried at Thornbury Clarksburg Union Cemetery in Collingwood with his wife Annie (1870-1940). With them, plot # 1313, are H. Stanley TEED (1898-1968) and William Edgar TEED (1894-1910)
- Ida Rose married Herbert Edgar SOUL on March 1, 1911 in Euphrasia twp... he was a farmer, born about 1884. Ida was school teacher in Euphrasia at the time of her wedding. A Mary E. TEED was a witness at the marriage.
- Herbert & Annie were in Euphrasia twp in 1901. They had 6 children with them as follows (the older 6 in this list):
1. Ida Rose TEED, born 22 March 1890 - married Herbert Edgar SOUL on 1 March 1911 at Euphrasia twp.
- Ida died in Vancouver BC on 22 March 1957 (reg 1957-09-003911)
- Herbert was born in Euphrasia twp (Duncan) on 1 Oct 1883, s/o Joseph B. SOUL, farmer & Ellen SHAW. In the 1871 census, Joseph & Ellen Soul are next to the Teeds & Spikings in Euphrasia twp.
- In the 1916 census they were in Snip Lake - Kindersley Saskatchewan where Herbert was a farmer. They had 2 children with them, Lena SOUL age 3 & Ernest SOUL age 2. Both children were born in Saskatchewan
2. George TEED, born 29 Sept 1892
3. William Edgar TEED, born 1 April 1894, d. 28 Oct 1910 at Lot 4 Con 1 of Euphrasia twp (death reg 12728-10) cause - infantile paralysis
4. Mary Elizabeth TEED., born 15 Sept 1896 - married Robert IRWIN on 17 March 1920 at Redwing, Collingwood twp
5. Herbert Stanley TEED born 6 April 1897, d. 1968
6. Sarah Gertrude TEED, born 24 March 1899
7. Augusta Irene TEED, b. April 1902 - married Jesse Ewart GOULD on 24 March 1926 at Redwing
8. Myrtle Ann, born about 1903 - on 26 Sept 1926 she married Melville Aubrey ALLCOCK, a farmer in Collingwood twp. (reg 36115-26). Melville was age 21, s/o Dudley ALLCOCK, b. Uxbridge Ont & Elizabeth Ann WILSON.
9. Edward Arnold TEED b. 20 Sept 1906 at Euphrasia twp., delayed birth registration 502021-1963
10. Earl Edwin TEED b. 24 May 1909. Delayed birth registration in 1959. At that time 6 of the 9 siblings were alive. The "witness" for the registration was Mary E. Irwin of Thornbury. Reg 501837-1959
2. George Spiking TEED, Died 1890 at age 21 years, 3 months, 5 days. Buried at Collingwood. He was born in Quebec according to the 1881 census (in which he was 10 yrs old, and younger than Henry Charles)
3.. Henry Charles TEED. 23 Oct 1869-1953. In 1891 Henry is a farm laborer, stray (census). In Thornbury on 8 March 1893 he married Elizabeth SHERIDAN (13 Aug 1875 - 1918) who is buried with him in Thornbury Clarksburg cemetery. Buried with them is George Clark TEED (b. Collingwood Jan 4,1894- d. 1966), husband of Annie G. ALLEN. Henry was born in England.
The witnesses at the marriage of Henry & Elizabeth were W.C. CLARK & Miss C.A. SPIKINGS, both of Euphrasia. Registration number 4263-93. Henry's birth place was given as England and he was a farmer in Collingwood twp at the time.
In the 1901 census Henry & Elizabeth were in Collingwood (a-8, pg 5) with their two children: George C. born Jan 1894 and Olive E. born Nov 1898. Henry was a farmer. Both Henry & Elizabeth give their religion as Friends.
Olive, who died in 1977, is buried in Clarksburg cemetery with her husband, Oscar J. BROCKELBANK, 1892-1967 (they were married 13 March 1918 at Collingwood twp - reg 9488-18)
Elizabeth was d/o James SHERIDAN & Margaret. In the 1901 census, Collingwood (a-8, pg 3), Margaret was a widow. James & Margaret had been in Collingwood in 1881 as well. Elizabeth's siblings were Wesley, Ann & Margaret.
#004477-94 (Grey Co): Angus BELL, 27, laborer, Canada, Collingwood, s/o Archibald BELL & Catherine McEACHERN, married Annie Bella SHERIDAN, 23, Canada, Collingwood twp., d/o James SHERIDAN & Margaret McLEOD, witnesses were Wesley SHERIDAN of Duncan & Charlotte Ann SPIKINGS of Heathcote, Nov. 14, 1894 at Clarksbury
In the 1911 census, Henry is in Collingwood, with wife Elizabeth and children George C. & Olive E. On the same page is the family of Emerson REAR & his wife Revina.
4. Sarah Elizabeth, born June 1, 1873 at Euphrasia twp (birth reg # 5070-73, although 1881 census says that she was born in Quebec). Informant on birth reg was John Thomas SPIKING (probably the same John SPIKING who died June 27, 1899 at age 55 yrs & 5 months, "a native of England", buried at Collingwood).
- Sarah died on April 20, 1901 at age 28. She married Neil McDOUGALD on 25 July 1899 in Thornbury (reg'n 6883-99). Witnesses were Charlotte A. Spikings of Euphemia twp & Robert Best of Thornbury. Neil was age 44, born in Osprey twp., s/o Alexander McDougald & Caroline.
- Sarah & Neil had a daughter Lizzie, who died May 16, 1901 at age 1 month.
- Sarah & Lizzie are buried at Collingwood.
- In the 1891 census, Sarah was living with her brother Herbert.
- In the 1901 census, Sarah & Neil are in Collingwood (a-8, pg 3) along with Neil's brother Hugh (b. 1862). Neil is a farmer, Presbyterian. Sarah's religion is given as Friends.
- Neil re-married in Thornbury on 1 Jan 1902 to Hattie Carefoot (7481-02). Neil's parents were given as Alexander McDougald & Caroline McKeown. Hattie was age 26, born in Euphrasia twp., d/o Richard Carefoot & Mary Jane Harrison.
Children of George & Mary REAR:
Albert Jordan TEED, born May 13, 1887. Albert died in 1939 and is buried at Thornbury Clarksburg cemetery, Collingwood. In the 1891 census, an orphaned Albert is living with a John & Charlotte SPICKENS aged 48 & 53 respectively & both born in England. There was a SPICKENS daughter, Charlotte, age 19, born in Ontario. Birth reg 7398-72 is Charlotte Ann SPIKINGS, born 17 March 1872, d/o John T. SPIKINGS, farmer, & Charlotte TEED of Euphrasia.
Other Teeds buried at Thornbury Clarksburg cemetery, Collingwood
1068: Earl E. TEED, 1909-1962 and his wife, Selene E. H. THEAKSTON, 1910-
1171: Edward A. TEED, 1906-1974, and his wife, Velma A. PROCTOR
219: Irene A. TEED 1912 with Jesse E. GOULD, 1895-1968
534: Mary E. TEED, 1896 -, with Robert IRWIN, 1885 - 1960 [Mary E. d/o Herbert & Annie]
668: Olive E, TEED, 1898-1977 and her husband, Oscar J. BROCKELBANK, 1892-1967 [Olive, d/o Henry & Elizabeth]