Baigen Family Lines
Elizabeth BAIGEN married Charles MARTIN in 1863, probably in Old Windsor Berkshire, marr reg Dec 1863 Windsor 2c pg 928
Elizabeth BAIGEN was born about Nov 1843 in Old Windsor, d/o George & Lucy.
Descendants of William Baigen
William BAIGEN was born Abt. 1789 in Charlton, Hampshire, and died 1867 in Old Windsor (death reg March 1867 Windsor 2c 301) . He married (1) Mary INWOOD January 13, 1810 in Alton Hampshire , He married (2) Ann [maiden name unknown] before 1841. Ann died in 1875, death reg, June 1875, Windsor 2c 285
The 1810 marriage record is from IGI online
1841, census, Mount Place, Old Windsor with wife = Ann, carpenter. Both Ann & William were 50 yrs old. Also a son William, age 12
1851, census, Mount Place, Old Windsor with wife = Ann, also granddaughter Jane, age 4, born
Children of William BAIGEN and Mary INWOOD are:
George BAIGEN, b. July 27, 1811, Alton, Hampshire; d. 1873, Eton area.
William BAIGEN, b. 1810. (IGI online). Died before 1828?
Children of William & Ann:
William, born about 1829, living at home in 1841 census
Descendants of George Baigen
George BAIGEN was born July 27, 1811 in Alton, Hampshire & christened there (IGI online film J146621), and died 1873 in Eton area (death reg Dec 1873 Eton 3a 299). He married Lucy GREENER who was born abt 1813 in Old Windsor. She was d/o Arthur GREENER & Martha LIPSCOMB
1841 census: Living in Mount Place, Old Windsor, carpenter, age 28,
1861 census, living at The Alley in Old Windsor
1871 census, age 48 (wrong), carpenter, born Alton & living next to daughter Elizabeth & Charles Martin
1881 census, Lucy is living with daughter Eliza & son-in-law George Poynter
1891 census, Lucy is living with daughter Ellen & son-in-law George Attwood
1901 census, Lucy is age 89, laundress, Old Windsor Union Infirmary - Lunatic Ward, imbecile,
Lucy died in 1903 death - Windsor 2c pg 300, March 1903
Children of George & Lucy (all born in Old Windsor, all names & dates from census information 1841, 1851 1861 & 1871)
George, born about 1832, at home in 1841 census
James?, born about 1833, at home in 1841 census, but not 1851
Mary Ann, born about 1839 [Mary Ann from 1841 census, Ellen from 1891 census - same person?)
Ellen, born about 1839, was born Abt. 1839 in Old Windsor. She married Geroge ATTWOOD Bef. 1871.
- 1861 census, Ellen was age 22, servant as Gloster house, Newington St. Mary, Surrey
- 1871, census, in Egham Surrey, George was a laborer,
- 1891, census, Egham, Surrey, George was a brick layers laborer,
- Child of Ellen & George: Ellen E. ATTWOOD, b. Abt. 1872, Englefield Green, Surrey, England.
Alfred, born about 1840 - 1861 census as lodger, ag lab, age 21, in Buscot Berks.
Lucy, born about 1842. She married George John THORN in 1863. George was born in Eton Bucks.
- In the 1881 census they are at 62 Victoria Cottages in New Windsor & George is a porter.
- They had at least 5 children (all at home in the 1881 census) - Lucy Sarah b. abt 1865, Annie Elizabeth b. abt 1869, George William b. abt 1874, Henry Arthur b. abt 1878 and Frederick James b. 10 Jan 1881.
- Frederick's birth reg gives birthplace as both 62 Victoria Cottages New Windsor and 62 Victoria Cottages in Clewer.
Elizabeth, born about 1844 (married Charles MARTIN)
Ann, born about 1846. She may have an illegitmate dau, Ann, in 1867
Richard, born about 1848, d. 1888, Old Windsor. He married Susan [maiden name unknown]
- 1871 census - Richard was at home with parents
- 1881 census - age 33, ground laborer, living at 10 Love Lane, New Windsor with 3 oldest children
- Dec 88 Windsor 2c 258 is death reg for Richard, age 40
- 1891 census, Susannah as a widow, charwoman, b. Worcestershire, living in Clewer
Children of Richard & Susan:
- Mary b. Abt. 1876, Old Windsor; d. 1889 (March 1889 Windsor 2c 284 is death reg, age 13)
- Annie, b. Abt. 1878, Old Windsor., 1891 census with her widowed mother
- George, b. December 1880, New Windsor, d. 1882. Was 5 months old in 1881 census, death reg March 1882 Windsor 2c pg 297
- Nellie, b. abt 1883. Was with her widowed mother in the 1891 census. She married Augustus Frederick STOCKER in 1903 - marr reg Dec 1903 Windsor 2c pg 1096. Nellie & Augustus had at least 2 children: Grace E. STOCKER [reg Sept 1911 Windsor 2c 885] and Sydney J. STOCKER [reg June 1913 Windsor 3a 879]
Henry, born abt 1850, married Ann 1877 in Epsom, Surrey. (marriage reg, Sept 1877 Epsom 2a 20)
- 1871 census - lodger with Eliza & Henry Franklin (next door to his parents), brick layer's laborer
- 1881 census - age 30, brick layer's laborer, living at 1 & 2 Stones Cottage, The Common, Epsom, Surrey
- Ann died in 1886, death reg Sept 1886 Steyning 2b186
Children of Henry & Susan:
- Lucy Ann, b. Abt. 1879, Epsom, Surrey. [sept 1879 Epson 2a 20]
- George Henry, b. 1881, Epsom, Surrey., died 1883 [death - June 1883 Epsom 2a pg 16]
- Elizabeth, b. 1886; d. 1886
Martha, born abt 1853, at home in the 1861 census. She may have married in 1873 to Edwin WHITTINGTON [Sept 1873 Marylebone 1a 960]. IF TRUE, then this is that family in the 1881 census:
- Edward WHITTINGTON, 32, b. Newbridge Isle of Wight, police constable
- Martha WHITTINGTON, 28, wife, b. Old Windsor Berkshire
- George WHITTINGTON, 24, brother, b. Newbridge Isle of Wight
Eliza, born abt 1854. She married George POYNTER in 1873, marriage reg Dec 1873 Windsor 2c pg 962
- George was born in Bishopsgate, Egham Surrey abt 1852
- 1881 census: in Egham Surrey, George was a brick layer's laborer. Eliza's mother, Lucy Baigen is with them.
- Eliza died in 1890, death reg Sept 1890 Windsor 2c 225, age 35
- 1891 census, George was a widower, with 5 children, brick layer's laborer, at 116 Broughton Rd. in Fulham
- children: Emily Elizabeth b. abt 1874, George James b. abt 1875, Elizabeth b. abt 1879, Henry John b. abt 1884 and Edwin William b. abt 1887
Charles, born about 1856