1. John1 Pickett was born in 1658. He married Mary. He died in 1740.
He resided at Caroline Co., VA.
Known children of John1 Pickett and Mary were as follows:
2. i. William2 Pickett, born 1700 at Essex Co., VA; married Elizabeth Cooke.
ii. Mace Pickett.
iii. James Pickett.
iv. John Pickett.
v. Thomas Pickett.
vi. Martha Pickett.
2. William2 Pickett (John1) was born in 1700 at Essex Co., VA. He married Elizabeth Cooke, daughter of Mordecai Cooke III and Elizabeth Buckner, in 1728. He died in 1766.
He and Elizabeth Cooke resided at Hamilton Parish, Fauquier Co., VA. He resided at King George Co., VA. He resided at King and Queen Co., VA. He left a will on 26 Sep 1766; proved 24 Nov 1766.
Elizabeth Cooke was born in 1712. She died after 1777.
Known children of William2 Pickett and Elizabeth Cooke were as follows:
3. i. Col. Martin3 Pickett, born 25 Dec 1736 at King George Co., VA; married Ann Blackwell.
ii. Capt. William Pickett was born in 1742. He married Lucy Blackwell, daughter of Col. William Blackwell and Elizabeth Crump; 2nd husband.
He was a Captain in the Revolutionary War. He left a will on 15 May 1814; proved 27 Jun 1814.
iii. Rev. John Pickett was born on 14 Jan 1744 at King George Co., VA. He married Hannah Withers on 24 Apr 1770. He died in Jun 1803 at Culpeper Co., VA, at age 59.
iv. Rev. Reuben Pickett was born in 1745. He married Elizabeth Day in 1773; 1st wife. He married Elizabeth Wilson in 1779; 2nd wife. He died on 19 Oct 1823 at Virginia.
He resided at Bedford Co., VA.
v. Mary Ann Pickett was born in 1747. She married Rev. William Marshall, son of Capt. John Marshall and Elizabeth Markham, on 27 Jan 1763.
She and Rev. William Marshall had 4 children.
vi. Sarah Pickett was born in 1750. She married Lt. James Withers on 19 Nov 1773.
vii. Col. George Pickett was born in 1752. He married Margaret Sanderson; 2nd husband. He died in Nov 1821.
He resided at Richmond, VA. He was a merchant.
3. Col. Martin3 Pickett (William2, John1) was born on 25 Dec 1736 at King George Co., VA. He married Ann Blackwell, daughter of Col. Joseph Blackwell and Lucy Steptoe, on 31 May 1764. He died in Apr 1804 at Fauquier Co., VA, at age 67.
He resided at 'Paradise', Fauquier Co., VA. He was a Lieutenant in Capt. William Edmond's Company of Virginia troops in 1761. He was a Lt. Col. in the 3rd Virginia Regiment during the Revolutionary War. He was High Sheriff of Fauquier Co in 1785. He left a will on 4 May 1803; proved 24 Apr 1804, codicil 12 Apr 1804.
Ann Blackwell was born in 1747. She died before 1800.
Known children of Col. Martin3 Pickett and Ann Blackwell were as follows:
i. Martin4 Pickett was born in 1765. He died after 1776.
ii. Lucy Pickett was born on 2 May 1767. She married Hon. Charles Marshall, son of Col. Thomas Marshall and Mary Randolph Keith, on 13 Sep 1787. She died in 1825. She was buried at Old Turkey Church, Fauquier Co., VA.
iii. Ann Pickett was born in 1770. She married Francis Brooke, son of Humphrey Brooke and Ann Whiting, on 25 Oct 1794. She died in 1831.
She left a will on 28 Jan 1831; proved 21 May 1831.
iv. Judith Steptoe Pickett was born in 1772. She married Stanton Slaughter, son of Col. Robert Slaughter and Sarah Stanton, on 31 May 1797.
4. v. Mildred Pickett, born 1 Jun 1777; married William Clarkson.
vi. Letitia Pickett was born in 1780. She married Charles Johnston, son of Hon. Peter Johnston and Martha Butler, on 25 Oct 1797. She died in 1802.
vii. Elizabeth Pickett was born in 1788. She married Judge John Scott, son of Rev. John Scott and Elizabeth Gordon, on 12 Feb 1805.
viii. George Backwell Pickett was born circa 1789 at Fauquier Co., VA. He married Courtenay Heron, daughter of James Heron and Sarah Taylor, on 1 Jul 1818. He died in 1829 at Tennessee.
He resided at Fauquier Co., VA. He resided circa 1826 at Madison Co., AL. He resided at Hardeman Co., TN.
ix. Steptoe Pickett was born on 22 Jun 1790 at 'Paradise', Fauquier Co., VA. He married Sarah Orrick Chilton, daughter of Orrick Chilton and Felitia Corbin, on 10 Jan 1811. He died on 16 Dec 1843 at Morgan Co., AL, at age 53.
He resided at Fauquier Co., VA. He resided in 1821 at Limestone Co., AL.
4. Mildred4 Pickett (Martin3, William2, John1) was born on 1 Jun 1777. She married William Clarkson, son of Henry Clarkson and Dorcas Turner, on 9 Jan 1794. She died on 22 Mar 1805 at age 27.
She resided at Fauquier Co., VA.
William Clarkson was born on 3 Apr 1773. He died on 22 Feb 1818 at age 44. He resided at Fauquier Co., VA.
5. Eliza Letitia Steptoe5 Clarkson (Mildred4 Pickett, Martin3, William2, John1) married Dr. Jaquelin Ambler Marshall.
7. Jaquelin Ambler6 Marshall (Eliza5 Clarkson, Mildred4 Pickett, Martin3, William2, John1) married Rebecca Peyton Marshall.
8. Jaquelin Ambler7 Marshall III (Jaquelin6, Eliza5 Clarkson, Mildred4 Pickett, Martin3, William2, John1) married Eliza Randolph Turner.
9. Charles Turner8 Marshall (Jaquelin7, Jaquelin6, Eliza5 Clarkson, Mildred4 Pickett, Martin3, William2, John1) married Julia McIlvaine Spencer.
11. Julian McIlvaine9 Marshall (Charles8, Jaquelin7, Jaquelin6, Eliza5 Clarkson, Mildred4 Pickett, Martin3, William2, John1) married Henrietta Armitt Harrison.
14. John Randolph10 Marshall (Julian9, Charles8, Jaquelin7, Jaquelin6, Eliza5 Clarkson, Mildred4 Pickett, Martin3, William2, John1) married Deborah Lynn Reilly.
Pedigree Base - Marshall
8 - Jaquelin Ambler Marshall III
3 - Martin Pickett
Marshall Genealogy Family Index
Marshall Genealogy Bibliography
Marshall Genealogy Page
The Master Genealogist for Windows
Last Changes made on: 9/11/04 Created by John Marshall