Descendants of GEORGE MARTIN SCHUSTER
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE MARTIN1 SCHUSTER was born March 28, 1820, and died May 02, 1894 in Bavaria/Germany Bur Sacred Heart Cemetary Perkinville, NY lot85. He married ANNA MARY STEINHARDT , (HUTTER).
Children of GEORGE SCHUSTER and ANNA STEINHARDT are:
i. GEORGE2 SCHUSTER, b. 1895; d. 1915; m. CLARA SCHWALBACK.
2. ii. HENRY SCHUSTER, b. May 30, 1852, Sparta, NY; d. December 02, 1921, Livonia, NY bur St. Michaels Cem. Livonia.
3. iii. BARBARA SCHUSTER, b. May 25, 1854; d. August 11, 1924.
4. iv. PETER SCHUSTER, b. 1857, Perkinsville NY; d. 1930, buried in Wayland (old cem.).
5. v. FRANK SCHUSTER, b. 1860; d. October 30, 1908, Sacred Heart Cem, Perkinsville NY Lot 85.
Generation No. 2
2. HENRY2 SCHUSTER (GEORGE MARTIN1) was born May 30, 1852 in Sparta, NY, and died December 02, 1921 in Livonia, NY bur St. Michaels Cem. Livonia. He married LOUISE E EVERMAN 1878 in Dansville, NY, daughter of THEODORE EVERMAN and MARY WARNER.
Owner of Steuben House in Cohocton NY
Died in Livonia, NY.
The Wayland Register - Devoted to the Local News, Wayland, New York, dated December 8, 1921
The funeral of Henry Schuster took place at Livonia at 10:30 o'clock on Saturday a. m. It was one of the largest held from St. Joseph's church. Rev. Father Smith officiated at the mass, assisted by Rev. Scheid of Perkinsville and Rev. Hoffschnieder of Dansville. Mr. Schuster was a very prominent farmer and was well known in this vicinity.
He is survived by three sons and one daughter Henry of Dansville, Herbert, George and Angeline of Livonia and one brother, Peter Schuster and one sister, Mrs. Barbara Vogt of Wayland.
Many relatives and friends were present from Cohocton, Rochester, Perkinsville and Dansville. Among those from here were: Peter Schuster, Lester Schuster, Daniel Schuster, Miss Lucy Schuster, Mrs. Barbara Vogt, George Vogt, Miss Geraldine Vogt, Mr. and Mrs. John Vogt, Peter Vogt, William Vogt, Misses Anna and Irene Vogt, Mr. and Mrs. Herman Vogt, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Vogt, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Vogt, Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Didas, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Yohon, Mr. and Mrs. George Yohon, Mr. and Mrs. Casper Yohon, Herman Yohon, Mr. and Mrs. Alvie Engel, Mr. and Mrs. Christian Gross, Franklin Gross, Nich. Rauber, Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Kramer, Miss Emma Kramer, George Fox, Mrs. John Weinhart, Mr. and Mrs. John Quanz, Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Hartfuss, Miss Lillian Hartfuss, Mrs. Peter Kimmel, Mrs. Martin Kimmel, Mrs. Henry Yohon, Frank Schmitz, Mrs. Frank Bricks, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Vogt.
Lived in Sparta before moving to Livonia in 1911 -
Farm where he lived in Livonia Rt 20A was owned by:
1. Dixon - to Swan
2. Swan - to Charles Andrews
3. to Henry Schuster 1911-2+32
4. to son Herbert Schuster 1921-1972
5. to nephew George T Schuster Jr 8/3/1972 to present
Children of HENRY SCHUSTER and LOUISE EVERMAN are:
i. MARIAN3 SCHUSTER, b. 1878, Dansville, NY; d. November 10, 1920, Buried in St. Michaels Cem. Livonia, NY.
6. ii. HENRY PETER SCHUSTER, b. September 02, 1879, Sparta, NY; d. July 18, 1957, Buried in Holy Cross Cemetary Dansville.
7. iii. WILLIAM S SCHUSTER, b. August 1881, Sparta, NY; d. June 22, 1915, Buried in St. Michaels Cem. Livonia, NY.
iv. HERBERT SCHUSTER, b. September 13, 1883, Sparta, NY; d. October 01, 1966, at home Livonia NY, buried in St. Michaels Cem., Livonia, NY; m. MARIE SPAINE, April 04, 1921, Livonia Center, Livonia, NY.
8. v. GEORGE THEODORE SCHUSTER, b. July 07, 1887, Sparta NY; d. June 21, 1963, Livonia NY buried St Michaels Cem Livonia NY.
vi. ANGELA SCHUSTER, b. July 06, 1892, Dansville, NY; d. May 16, 1990, Canandaigua, NY buried St. Michaels Cem. Livonia NY; m. LEWIS V PELTON, November 29, 1930, St Mary's Church, Dansville NY.
3. BARBARA2 SCHUSTER (GEORGE MARTIN1) was born May 25, 1854, and died August 11, 1924. She married JOHN VOGT, son of JOSEPH VOGT and THELKA VOGT.
Children of BARBARA SCHUSTER and JOHN VOGT are:
9. i. CLARA3 VOGT, b. August 06, 1874; d. June 07, 1955.
10. ii. GEORGE A VOGT, b. May 21, 1876; d. January 22, 1957.
11. iii. JOHN B VOGT, b. February 12, 1878; d. February 10, 1945.
iv. FRANK C VOGT, b. January 06, 1881; d. July 24, 1958; m. (1) GRACE HULBERT; m. (2) LUCY CONNORS.
12. v. MARTIN P VOGT, b. May 25, 1883; d. October 14, 1955.
13. vi. PETER F VOGT, b. May 14, 1886; d. April 07, 1965.
vii. ROSA VOGT, b. May 14, 1886; d. November 14, 1886.
viii. HENRY VOGT, b. October 08, 1887; d. October 08, 1888, deceased infancy.
ix. WILLIAM M VOGT, b. October 08, 1887; d. April 19, 1940; m. ANNA BUTLER.
x. ANNA VOGT, b. March 25, 1890; d. August 12, 1962; m. BERNARD URBAN (BARNEY) HOFFMAN.
14. xi. HERMAN VOGT, b. December 25, 1891; d. June 21, 1946.
xii. IRENE VOGT, b. July 08, 1893; d. March 16, 1939.
4. PETER2 SCHUSTER (GEORGE MARTIN1) was born 1857 in Perkinsville NY, and died 1930 in buried in Wayland (old cem.). He married CATHERINE (KATE) HOFFMAN.
Children of PETER SCHUSTER and CATHERINE HOFFMAN are:
15. i. ANNA MARY3 SCHUSTER, b. December 18, 1885; d. 1973.
16. ii. LAURA SCHUSTER, b. January 23, 1887; d. May 31, 1969, Wayland NY - Old Catholic Cemetery.
iii. LESTER GEORGE SCHUSTER, b. 1895; d. 1947.
iv. EVANGELINE SCHUSTER, b. May 09, 1904.
v. (FNU) SCHUSTER, d. December 1890, infant.
5. FRANK2 SCHUSTER (GEORGE MARTIN1) was born 1860, and died October 30, 1908 in Sacred Heart Cem, Perkinsville NY Lot 85. He married MAGDALENA WENNER, daughter of BARBARA WENNER.
Died in a field from a heart attack
Children of FRANK SCHUSTER and MAGDALENA WENNER are:
i. RAYMOND P3 SCHUSTER, b. December 09, 1897; d. 1963.
ii. GEORGE MARTIN SCHUSTER, b. February 24, 1895; d. Bef 1915, Bur Sacred Heart Cem Perkinsville NY.
iii. DANIEL SCHUSTER, b. July 24, 1896; d. 1932, Bur Sacred Heart Cem Perkinsville NY; m. LOVINA NELLIE PARKER, August 20, 1923.
iv. CECILIA BARBARA SCHUSTER, b. February 23, 1892; d. December 28, 1911; m. PETER STEPHEN DIDAS.
v. ROSE MARY SCHUSTER, b. May 22, 1893; d. 1953; m. (FNU) CALLAGHAN.
17. vi. FRANK N SCHUSTER, d. 1932, Buffalo, NY.
vii. IVAN SCHUSTER, b. September 20, 1902; d. 1950.
viii. LUCIA MARIA SCHUSTER, b. February 14, 1901; d. 1935.
ix. GERALD GEORGE SCHUSTER, b. August 20, 1904; d. October 13, 1904, Buried Sacred Heart Church, Perkinville NY Lot 85.
Generation No. 3
6. HENRY PETER3 SCHUSTER (HENRY2, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born September 02, 1879 in Sparta, NY, and died July 18, 1957 in Buried in Holy Cross Cemetary Dansville. He married ELIZABETH FRANCES KUHN November 14, 1907 in Dansville, NY St. Mary's, daughter of WILLIAM KUHN and ELIZABETH WERNER.
Farmer in Dansville
Children of HENRY SCHUSTER and ELIZABETH KUHN are:
i. HENRY FRANCIS4 SCHUSTER, b. January 20, 1910, Sparta, NY at home; d. January 05, 1973, Buried in Union Cem, Scottsburg, NY; m. MARGARET CRANE, November 05, 1937, St Mary's Church, Dansville NY.
ii. MAGDELINE HELENE SCHUSTER, b. February 12, 1912, Sparta, NY at home; d. July 02, 1986, Buried in Holy Cross Cemetary Dansville.
iii. CLEMENT LEO SCHUSTER, b. November 23, 1915; d. December 14, 1988, Buried in Holy Cross Cemetary Dansville; m. CLARASA B KRISHER, May 17, 1947, St Mary's Church, Genesco NY.
iv. DOROTHY A SCHUSTER, b. July 26, 1918, Sparta, NY at home; d. August 07, 1776; m. WILLIAM STEVENS.
v. WILFRED (BILL) JOHN SCHUSTER, b. July 22, 1920, Sparta, NY at home; d. May 30, 1973, Buried in Holy Cross Cemetary Dansville; m. BETTY COOLEY, November 26, 1949.
vi. MARIAN SCHUSTER, b. October 09, 1921, Sparta, NY at home; m. HOWARD W PICKARD, June 06, 1942, Dansville, NY at home garden wedding.
vii. JOSEPH P SCHUSTER, b. August 18, 1927, Dansville, NY; d. February 12, 1989, Buried in Greenmount Cemetary, Dansville NY; m. THELMA JUNE HASS, November 13, 1948, St. Michaels Church, Livonia Center NY.
7. WILLIAM S3 SCHUSTER (HENRY2, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born August 1881 in Sparta, NY, and died June 22, 1915 in Buried in St. Michaels Cem. Livonia, NY. He married HELEN RICHMOND O'CONNELL in Livonia, NY St. Joseph's Church.
Died at 34 years old - struck by lightning while sitting under a tree, near his residence, of Clancy Road, Sparta, NY.
An article in a Dansville papter stated William Schuster started after the cows one evening from the farm house in Saprta and was found died a few hours later near a wire fence. Death due to lightening.
Children of WILLIAM SCHUSTER and HELEN O'CONNELL are:
i. WILLIAM R4 SCHUSTER, b. 1914; d. February 23, 1993, Buried in Whitehaven Cemetary Rochester NY; m. MILDRED (MNU) SCHUSTER.
ii. VINCENT SCHUSTER, b. October 13, 1915; d. December 06, 1957, Buried in St. Michaels Cem., Livonia NY; m. (1) MARGARET (MNU) SCHUSTER; m. (2) DOROTHY YOUNG.
iii. LOUISE SCHUSTER, b. 1916; d. 1982, Bur St. Michaels Cem. Livonia NY.
8. GEORGE THEODORE3 SCHUSTER (HENRY2, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born July 07, 1887 in Sparta NY, and died June 21, 1963 in Livonia NY buried St Michaels Cem Livonia NY. He married ANNA MARIE KERVIN November 26, 1924 in St. Joseph Church, Livonia NY, daughter of MICHAEL KERVIN and KATHERINE MURPHY.
Died at home 123 Big Tree Street, Livonia of Arteriosclerotic heart disease.
Article from the Livonia Gazette, dated Thursday, Jan. 13, 1977
"Bicentennial Book Profiles", by Norine Meagher
George T. Schuster, Sr.
In early manhood, George was a farmer in the Perkinsville area and later operated a hotel in Cohocton. His parents moved to Livonia in 1911 and he joined them in 1915.
He eventually purchased a farm at the corner of Big Tree Rd. and East Ave., which he operated until the time of his death in 1963. George became a leading farmer and developed a large herd of holstein cows. Mrs. Schuster, the former Marie Kervin, continued to live in the family home and operate the farm for several years until transferring the home and acreage to her son, Vincent.
Schuster fields have uses, other than farming. One field served on occasion, as a landing field for barnstorming pilots. A baseball diamond was constructed on a different field to permit Sunday baseball, prohibited within village limits, and when football was introduced to Livonia High School in 1927, the first game was played on a Schuster field. Several horse shows were also held on Schuster fields.
Many Livonians who grew up in the 1920's and early 1930's will remember the fun, on wintry days of "catching bobsleds." it was always fun and a challenge to hitch a ride on a bobsled being drawn by George's spirited horses and ride to the outskirts of the village. Many will also remember that George used to contribute heads of cabbage to village youngsters for use in Halloween festivities.
Presented in Mr. Schuster's memory by his seven sons and daughters is "The Barn" by Eric Arthur and Dudley Witney. Beautifully illustrated and very informative, this memorial book will evoke a great feeling of nostalgia. Many types of barns are described and discussed including, circular and polygonal barns. Special attention is given to the Dutch barn, the English barn the Pennsylvania barn and several other regional types barns. In years to come and as old barns disappear from the landscape, this may well become a collector's item.
Newspaper article: "Church Wedding on Wednesday"
Miss Anna Marie Kervin and Mr.
George T. Schuster Married at St.
The wedding of Miss Anna Marie Kervin, daughter of Mr. and Mrs M E. Kervin, to Mr. George Theodore Schuster was solemnized by the Rev P. J. Smyth Wednesday morning in St. Joseph's church. Miss Angela Schuster, sister of the groom, was maid of honor and William Kervin brother of the bride, was best man. The bride was given in marriage by her father. William Vogt and Vincent Smith acted as ushers.
The bride was attired in a blonde satin gown with hat to match and carried a bouquet of bride's roses and lilies of the valley. The maid of honor wore henna satin and carried yellow chrysanthemums.
A wedding breakfast was served to relatives and friends of the couple after the ceremony. Covers were laid for fourteen at the bride's table, which was tastefully decorated with yellow chrysantheumums, the color scheme being yellow and white throughout the house. Following the reception Mr. and Mrs. Schuster left for a short wedding trip, after which they will reside in their 'new home' at the corner of Big Tree Street and East Avenue.
Mrs Schuster is a graduate of Geneseo normal and has taught in Livonia high school for several years. Mr. Schuster is a prominent young farmer of Livonia.
Pre-nuptial events included a party given by Miss Marian Smith and a variety shower given by Miss Ann Snyder. Out-of-town guests attending the wedding were from Dansville, Rochester, Wayland and Cohocton.
Livonia, Nov 26, 1924
Children of GEORGE SCHUSTER and ANNA KERVIN are:
i. KATHRYN LOUISE4 SCHUSTER, b. September 26, 1925, Big Tree Street Livonia, NY at home; m. ROBERT D WALRATH, August 08, 1955, St Jeromes Church, East Rochester, NY.
ii. RITA MARIAN SCHUSTER, b. June 29, 1927, Livonia NY, Livingston County.
iii. ROSE MARIE SCHUSTER, b. June 29, 1927, Livonia NY; m. GERARD FRANCIS JOYCE, June 24, 1967, St Anne Church Rochester NY.
iv. GEORGE THEODORE SCHUSTER , JR, b. March 16, 1931, Dansville NY @ N. Noyes Memorial Hosp.; m. JOAN MARIE CROWE, October 26, 1957, St Monicas Church Rochester NY.
v. VINCENT WILLIAM SCHUSTER, b. July 10, 1932, Dansville, NY, N. Noyes Memorial Hospital; m. (1) JANE ELIZABETH WHALEN, October 22, 1955, St. Rose's Church, Lima NY; m. (2) PATRICIA ROSE HELLING, October 03, 1981, Livonia, NY.
vi. BARBARA MARY SCHUSTER, b. May 13, 1935, Dansville, NY, N. Noyes Memorial Hospital; m. RICHARD NOWAKOWSKI, May 11, 1957, St. Joseph's Church, Livonia, NY.
vii. ALICE ANN SCHUSTER, b. September 14, 1942, Dansville, NY.
9. CLARA3 VOGT (BARBARA2 SCHUSTER, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born August 06, 1874, and died June 07, 1955. She married JACOB KRAMER.
Had 6 boys, 4 girls (10 children)
Children of CLARA VOGT and JACOB KRAMER are:
i. NORBERT4 KRAMER.
ii. JAMES KRAMER.
iii. LEO KRAMER.
iv. CARL KRAMER.
v. LILLIAN KRAMER.
vi. MABLE KRAMER.
vii. ALONZO KRAMER.
viii. BERNARD KRAMER.
ix. EMMA KRAMER.
x. EVELYN KRAMER.
10. GEORGE A3 VOGT (BARBARA2 SCHUSTER, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born May 21, 1876, and died January 22, 1957. He married CELESTIA RAUBER.
Children of GEORGE VOGT and CELESTIA RAUBER are:
i. GERALD4 VOGT, d. Abt 1961.
ii. GERALDINE VOGT, b. 1904; d. 1971.
iii. BETTY VOGT, m. LEO SHULTS.
11. JOHN B3 VOGT (BARBARA2 SCHUSTER, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born February 12, 1878, and died February 10, 1945. He married JULIA A SAUERBIER.
Children of JOHN VOGT and JULIA SAUERBIER are:
i. HELEN4 VOGT, b. January 29, 1911; d. March 16, 1975; m. HOWARD GUNLOCK.
ii. LEOTA VOGT, m. JAMES MCLAUGHLIN.
12. MARTIN P3 VOGT (BARBARA2 SCHUSTER, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born May 25, 1883, and died October 14, 1955. He married BERTHA B RAUBER.
Had 4 children, 2 boys 2 girls
Children of MARTIN VOGT and BERTHA RAUBER are:
i. CHARLOTTE4 VOGT, m. LESLIE KRAMER.
ii. MARY JANE VOGT, m. EARL JOHNSON.
iii. GERARD (MARTY) VOGT, b. 1915; d. February 11, 1979; m. (1) MILDRED LAND; m. (2) ESTELLE (MNU) VOGT.
iv. CARLTON (OZZIE) VOGT, b. June 1916; d. October 1974; m. LUCILLE POWERS.
13. PETER F3 VOGT (BARBARA2 SCHUSTER, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born May 14, 1886, and died April 07, 1965. He married LORAINE DIDAS November 23, 1916.
Had a twin sister, Rosa, deceased in infancy
had 2 boys, 3 girls, (2 died in their teens)
Children of PETER VOGT and LORAINE DIDAS are:
i. PAUL4 VOGT, d. 1967; m. CLEO EVANS.
ii. JOANNE VOGT, m. (1) ROSS FAGAN; m. (2) MARK WEIDMAN.
iii. LEONA VOGT, m. D. L. SAXTON.
iv. JOHN VOGT.
v. CATHERINE VOGT, d. December 1932, died in her teens.
vi. ELIZABETH VOGT, d. December 1932, died in her teens.
14. HERMAN3 VOGT (BARBARA2 SCHUSTER, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born December 25, 1891, and died June 21, 1946. He married (1) FRANCES CONWAY. He married (2) LORETTA GIBNEY.
Had 2 boys
Children of HERMAN VOGT and FRANCES CONWAY are:
i. CONWAY4 VOGT, b. 1918; d. June 21, 1973; m. HELEN CULLATHER.
ii. ROBERT VOGT.
15. ANNA MARY3 SCHUSTER (PETER2, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born December 18, 1885, and died 1973. She married EDWARD ESTERHELD November 1912.
Children of ANNA SCHUSTER and EDWARD ESTERHELD are:
i. WILLIAM4 ESTERHELD, m. LAURA VOGT.
ii. EDWARD ESTERHELD, m. GERALDINE TERWILLIGER.
16. LAURA3 SCHUSTER (PETER2, GEORGE MARTIN1) was born January 23, 1887, and died May 31, 1969 in Wayland NY - Old Catholic Cemetery. She married VERNON BROMLEY June 1912.
Children of LAURA SCHUSTER and VERNON BROMLEY are:
i. EDWARD4 BROMLEY, b. March 1912; d. 1992.
ii. VICTOR BROMLEY, b. December 1915; m. MILDRED ISSAC.
iii. KATHRYN BROMLEY, b. September 17, 1918; d. December 15, 1978; m. HARRY GALOWAY.
17. FRANK N3 SCHUSTER (FRANK2, GEORGE MARTIN1) died 1932 in Buffalo, NY. He married MARGARET M WERDEIN June 28, 1898 in St Mary's Church, Dansville NY.
Children of FRANK SCHUSTER and MARGARET WERDEIN are:
i. MARY MAGDALEN4 SCHUSTER, b. April 17, 1899; d. July 1976.
ii. JOANNE HOAK SCHUSTER.