1. HUGH1 O'NEALL was born either in 1739 or in 1740 in Christiana, Delaware. He married Mary Parkins, daughter of Charles Parkins and Patience Milborn. He died in 1787 in Milton, Laurens County (in Ninety-Six District), South Carolina.
He was a Friend (Quaker). He moved with his parents, Hugh O'Neall and Anne Cox, circa 1750 to "the Susquehanna." After Hugh O'Neall's death, Hugh O'Neall moved with his mother, Anne Cox, to Winchester, Frederick County, Virginia. He was a miller. He and Mary Parkins moved in 1765 to South Carolina. He petitioned for a land grant on 7 October 1766 on Little River branch of Saludy River, Berkely County. There were two petitions on the same date, one for 200 acres and the other for 150 acres. Both surveys were certified 21 October 1766. 150 acres of land, for which the survey was certified 3 July 1767, were granted 24 August 1770, with quitrent to commence in 2 years. The memorial was signed by Henry O'Neal and Jno. Caldwell (surveyor) on 17 September 1770. He signed, 17 Sep 1770, the memorial for the land grant of Henry O'Neall on 5 May 1767 on Beaverdam Branch of Little River, Berkely County, South Carolina. He petitioned for a land grant on 5 November 1771 on Little River, Berkely County. The petition was for 150 acres. The survey was certified 13 March 1772 and certified by order of council 23 June 1774. The land was granted 26 July 1744, with quitrent to commence in 2 years. The memorial was signed 4 January 1775 and delivered on 5 May 1775 to William O'Neal. According to some sources, he moved in 1776 to South Carolina; from land-grant data, this date is certainly in error. He lived in Milton, Ninety-Six District (now Laurens County), South Carolina.
MARY PARKINS was born in 1743 in Winchester, Virginia. She may have been named Rachel Parkins. She was a Friend (Quaker).
Known children of Hugh1 O'Neall and Mary Parkins were as follows: