Beulah Primitive Baptist Church
The Beulah Church was built on a parcel of land purchased from Robert Williams and his wife, Julia, for the sum of ten dollars in 1874. The carpenter's work was done by Elex Spencer and Hyrum Fortiscue. In the same year a meeting was called and the people assembled on the first Sunday in May 1874 for its dedication service. The chief speaker was Elder John Brinson from Pamlico County. Thus the Beulah Church was 101 years old on the first Sunday in May 1975. Soon after its dedication, the church petitioned the Kehukee Association of churches for membership, and was received. The Kehukee Association was formed the first Sunday in October 1765 and has continued to this date, 1975, two hundred and ten years from its birth.
Photo and information from Hyde County History published by the Hyde County Historical Society in 1976.)
Return to Hyde Photos Page
Return to Hyde Biographies Page
Return to Hyde County Home Page