Anna De Hooges
Anna's father, Anthony de Hooges was of Flemish stock. He was a son of Johannes de Hooges born about 1590 Holland and Maria Tijron born about 1599 Holland.
Anthony sailed from Texel Jul 30, 1641 on the ship "der Cornick David" which was in a fleet about about 35 other ships, arrived in Plymouth, England on Aug 19th and then began the four month voyage to America. Anthony was in charge of the business management of the colony of Renssalearwyck from 1644 until 1648 and then from 1648 until his death in 1655 he was Secretary of the colony.
Anthony married in October of 1647 to Affien "Eva" Albertse Bratt born about 1632, daughter of Albert Andriese Brad/Bratt born 1600 Norway and Annette Barentse Van Rymers, born Norway died 1662 NY (who was the daughter of Pieter Jacobsen Van Rynsburg born Norway and Oysje Barents Pieters born Norway). They sailed from Texel Oct 2, 1636 on the ship "Rensselaerwyck" and arrived in Amsterdam Mar 4, 1637. Albert was from Fredrikstad in the southeast
part of Norway. Eva's siblings included: Barent Albertse; Storm Albertsen; Engeltje; Gisseltje; Jan Albertse; Dirck; Andries Albertse.
The mountain which lies between Westchester and Putnam counties, NY was named "Anthony's Nose" after him.
Following Anthony's death about Oct 11, 1655, Eva married to Roeloff Swartwout on Aug 13, 1657. He was born in Amsterdam 1634, the son of Thomas Swartwout and Hendridkjen, daughter of Barent Otsen. Roelof returned to the Netherlands in 1660 to recruit more settlers and while in Holland, he was appointed Sheriff of the Esopus.
Two of the children of Anthony and Eva remained in Albany, the remaining children went with their mother and stepfather to the Esopus. Anthony and Eva had issue:
1. Maria born about 1648 married first Hendrick Bries and second at Albany, Albany Co., NY Aug 21, 1696 to Jacob Lookerman.
2. Anna born about 1650, Albany, Albany Co., NY married Warnaar Hornbeck about 1668-1670, Hurley, Ulster Co., NY. Anna died about 1690-1693 Ulster Co., NY.
3. Catrina born about 1651-52 married Harmen Rutgers.
4. Johannes born about 1653-54 married Margarita Post.
5. Eleanora born about 1655-1656 married Willem Mousnier de la Montagne.
Roelof and Eva had issue:
6. Hendreckje married Huybert Lambertse Brink, Mar 16, 1679.
7. Thomas married Lysbeth Gardenier (1622-1749)
8. Antoni born 1662 apparently died in infancy.
9. Antoni born 1664 married Jannetje Coobes in 1696.
10. Cornelia born 1667 married Hendrik Claessan Schoonhoven in 1688.
11. Rachel married Jacobus Kip (1666-1733) in 1694.
12. Eva married Jacob Dingman in 1698.
13. Bernardus bapt. Apr 26, 1673 married Rachel Schepmoes 1770.