LaMonte is one of the live towns of the county. It was laid out in 1866 by Col. Frank Hickox and J. R. McConnell. This place, in the early days, was called "Boomer," in honor of a railroad construction foreman by that name who was quite popular among his workmen. The postoffice, however, has always borne the name of the present town. The first house built in the town w-as erected by a man by the name of James and the first store house was built by George H. Hardley. In the year 1862 the Missouri Pacific railway roadbed-. was graded and workmen began to lay the rails. Cars were run through the town In 1864.
(History of Pettis County Missouri by Mark A McGruder 1919)
Back to the Pettis County, MO Town History Page