The earliest known member this family is Thomas Vivrett. He was born around 1750, but his parents and birthplace are unknown He is believed to be of French Hugenot descent. Allthough there are some spelling variations, all the people in this country with the surname Vivrett appear to be descended from Thomas. As a rule, the shorter spelling comes from the two brothers who moved to Tennessee, while the descendants of the sons who remained in North Carolina usually spell it "Viverette".
For further information on this family, see Viverette Fisher Family Tree
Thomas Vivrett was married about 1770 to Elizabeth Hickman Dew, daughter of Nathaniel Hickman and Sarah and widow of Abraham Dew. Several children with the surname Dew were in the household with Thomas and Elizabeth.
Known Vivrett children were:
- Henry Vivrett,d. 1801 in Nash Co NC
- Lancelot Vivrett, b 1773, Nash County, NC, m. Mary ( Polly Hickman), daughter of Nathaniel Hickman, Jr. in Jefferson County, GA March 8, 1801, d. in Wilson Co TN March 13, 1827.
More information on Lancelot Vivrett and Polly Hickman
- Micajah Vivrett, b. 1777, Nash Co, NC, m. Elizabeth Bond 1797, moved to Wilson Co, TN about 1802 d. 18 Jan 1816 at Ft Jackson, AL, while serving in the War of 1812.
More information on Micajah Vivrett and Elizabeth Bond
- James Vivrett, b Nash County, NC, two known children
- Andrew Jackson Vivrett
- Micajah Vivrett(Cage)
Children of Lancelot Vivrett and Polly Hickman
- Micajah Vivrett, b 1805 GA. m. Elizabeth Wall 22 Dec 1929 d. ca 1868
- Patrick Vivrett b. 1830
- Jasper Vivrett b. 1833
- William Vivrett b. 1835
- Thomas Vivrett b. 1828
- Elizabeth Vivrett b. 1840
- Buddy Vivrett b. 1843
- John Vivrett b. 1846
- Almon Vivrett b. 1849
- Henry Vivrett, b. 1803, m. #1 Polly HICKMAN July 28, 1824 in
Wilson Co TN; m. #2 Sarah Jolley 29 Oct 1834, Wilson County, TN
Children of Henry Vivrett and Polly Hickman
- Williamson Vivrett, b. abt. 1832
- Lucrecy Vivrett, b abt. 1834
Children of Henry Vivrett and Sarah Jolly
- Henry Vivrett, b. abt. 1836
- Elizabeth Vivrett, b. 1837
- John Vivrett, b. 1838
- Mary Vivrett, b. 1840
- John Vivrett, b. 1841
- Micajah Vivrett, (Cage) b. 1842
- Willliam D. Vivrett, d. about 1838, m. January 13, 1831 to Nancy Hickman, daughter of Snowden Hickman.
- Mary Ann Vivrett, b. 1838, d. abt. 1863, m. Samuel H. Carpenter
- Jacky Frances,m. Oliver Carpenter (I believe that Jacky and Frances are the same person, because I have never seen them both listed at the same time, and because in the 1860 Census she is listed as "Jackaportus" in the Oliver Carpenter household, and on their marriage license she is listed as Frances)
Children of Micajah Vivrett and Elizabeth Bond
- Polly Vivrett, b. 1798, Nash Co, NC, m. 1815 Richard Smith
- Thomas Vivrett, b. 1800, Nash Co, NC. d. of Typhoid
- James Vivrett b. 1801, Nash Co, NC. m. 6 Apr 1825 to Sally Hill, Wilson Co, TN
- John Bell (Jack) Vivrett b. 1802, Wilson Co, TN, d 22 Mar 1877, Wilson Co, TN m. Mary Doak McClain 5 Sep 1832, Rutherford Co, TN.
- William Bond Vivrett b. 1804, Wilson Co, TN d. ca 1947,Wilson Co, TN, m. July 14, 1832 to Elizabeth C. Thompson
- Beady Vivrett, b. 1808, Wilson Co, TN, m. 19 Dec 1825 John Brown Wilson Co, TN
- Elizabeth Vivrett, b. 1812, Wilson Co, TN m. Daniel T. Brown,January 9, 1832, Wilson Co, TN
- Larry Vivrett, b.April 11, 1815, m. 1835 Harriet Cole, Wilson Co, TN, m. 1827 Emily Gregor, Wilson Co, TN