Elizabeth Carter, b. SC 1809, d. LA in November, 1864, m. James Houston, bn PA abt. 1790, d. abt. 1858. They lived in Pike County till 1850 when they moved to Bossier Parish, LA. James Houston owned a large plantation and also a home in Minden, LA.
Children of Elizabeth Carter and James Houston
- Nancy Houston, born 1826/1827 in
Pike County MS. d. after 1880 in Bossier Parish, LA, m. Isaac F. Sibley abt. 1845 in Pike County, MS. He d. 1851 in Bossier Parish, LA. both are buried in Koran Cemetery.
- John Houston, b. February 7, 1828 in Pike County, MS. d. by August 10, 1865 and is buried at the Koran Cemetery near Haughton, LA. He m. Letitia (Letty) Davis Allen on January 8, 1852. Letitia was b. May 9, 1831 and d. March 10, 1854. She is buried in Felix Allen Cemetery, Pike County, MS. When Shelley's Batallion, part of the llth Louisiana Regiment, was organized at Natchitoches, John was elected First Lieutenant. He was later promoted to Captain, was placed in invalid corps in 1864, and died by August 10 1865.
- James Franklin Houston b. 28 May 1832 at Pike Co. MS. d. ca1878 LA
On 25 Aug 1857 in Caddo Parish LA, he married Frances (Fanny) Jones (parents
unknown) Frances Jones was born 15 Feb 1838 in AL and d. ca1896 LA.
- Children: F.E. (f.) Houston b ca1858 (name is probaly Francis)
- Josephine E. Houston b. 5 May 1861 Bossier Parish LA m. Thomas B. Harrell 9 July 1884
- Thomas M. Houston b ca 1868
- Thomas Houston, b. Pike County, MS September 10, 1827 and d. March 4, 1852, in Bossier Parish, b. in Minden Cemetery.
- Mary Elizabeth Houston, b.February 28, 1841, Pike County, MS, d. February 15, 1859 in Bossier Parish, LA., m. J. N. Oliver August 26, 1857, died one month following the birth of their first child. The child, Mary Josephine, lived only seven months. Both are buried in Minden Cemetery.
- Josephine Leticia Houston, b. abt. 1842, d. 1881 in Bossier Parish, LA., m. John Randolph Bosley on May 28, 1862, in Natchitoches Parish LA. She was his second wife. John Randolph Bosley was born September 22, 1832 in Davidson County, TN. His parents were Peyton Randall Bosley and Catherine M. J. Saunders. His first wife was Mary Jane Jones. He enlisted in Company A, (Caddo Rifles), 1st Regiment Louisiana Infantry, on April 15, 1861, was discharged on disability in October. His first wife died in July, 1861. He died in 1886 in Bossier Parish, LA.
- William W. Houston, b. May 1844 in Pike County, MS., d. after 1900 in Arcadia, LA. enlisted in Confederate Army in Bossier Calvary, CO. C. 6th Regiment, Harrisons Batallion., in 1855 William married Addie Ragland. Both are buried in Arcadia Cemetery.
- Eugene Houston, b. April 13, 1849, in Pike County, MS, d. November 7, 1903, m. in 1870 to Elizabeth (Lizzie) J. (maiden name unknown). By 1900 he had acquired his medical degree. Dr. Eugene Houston and his wife and at least two of their children are buried in Koran Cemetery in Bossier Parish.