II-55-abc
.............................
 

A rare find picture showing the old wooden bridge that spanned the Little Suncook River. Note the old Grist Mill and the falls coming over the dam. The bridge was taken down in 1911 and replaced by a concrete and steel bridge. Current bridge is just above the old bridge site. Grist Mill was across from the old Knowles Store.

Knowles Pond and dam. Bertha Yeaton's house at left.

Knowles Store taken about 1907. Henry S. Knowles is standing in front of store wearing a long linen "duster." He was the grandfather of Gilbert Knowles, town historian.