Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 ELKINS was born 1751 in VA, and died April 09, 1798 in Philadelphia, PA. He married MARY POINTS January 10, 1774. She was born Abt. 1748, and died September 21, 1798. Notes for WILLIAM ELKINS: Anne Wiegle Sources: 1. Widener, George D. "Widener, Dunton, Elkins & Broomall Families etc." 2. Middle Ferry Record = "The Record of Some Residents in the Vicinity of Middle Ferry, PA during the Latter Half of the 18th Century", Broderbund CD163. 3. Census - 1850 PA, CD305 4. Jordan, John. "Colonial Families of Philadelphia", Vol. II, pp 1492-1500. 5. DAR Application - Ethel Chapman Elkins More About WILLIAM ELKINS: Military service: Revolutionary War between 1 August 1780 to 14 November 1783, 3rd MD Continental Line. Residence: Lived near Middle Ferry, Philadelphia (Market Street and Schuylkill River) Children of WILLIAM ELKINS and MARY POINTS are: 2. i. JAMES2 ELKINS, b. September 16, 1774; d. Aft. 1830. ii. JOSEPH ELKINS, b. April 27, 1776; d. Abt. 1801; m. NANCY FONTS, Unknown; b. Unknown. iii. WILLIAM ELKINS, b. November 27, 1778; d. 1819, Philadelphia, PA. iv. SARAH ELKINS, b. August 29, 1780; d. August 08, 1782. v. GEORGE WASHINGTON ELKINS, b. September 26, 1784; d. May 14, 1785. 3. vi. GEORGE WASHINGTON ELKINS, b. July 11, 1786, Philadelphia, PA; d. September 11, 1849, Philadelphia, PA. vii. ELIZABETH ELKINS, b. September 01, 1788; d. July 29, 1789. viii. ANN ELKINS, b. October 16, 1782.
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES2 ELKINS (WILLIAM1) was born September 16, 1774, and died Aft. 1830. More About JAMES ELKINS: Residence: Cheltenham Township, Montgomery Co PA Child of JAMES ELKINS is: 4. i. WILLIAM3 ELKINS, b. Abt. 1801. 3. GEORGE WASHINGTON2 ELKINS (WILLIAM1) was born July 11, 1786 in Philadelphia, PA, and died September 11, 1849 in Philadelphia, PA. He married SUSANNA HOWELL December 24, 1812 in Philadelphia, PA. She was born Unknown. More About GEORGE WASHINGTON ELKINS: Baptism: Christ Church by Bishop White Children of GEORGE ELKINS and SUSANNA HOWELL are: i. LOUISA ASHBORN3 ELKINS, b. 1814; m. HENRY BAKER NEWLIN, Unknown; b. Unknown. ii. MARY HISE ELKINS, b. 1816; m. WILLIAM REED, Unknown; b. Unknown. iii. SARA ANN ELKINS, b. 1819; d. 1821. iv. ELIZABETH ELKINS, b. 1823; m. GEORGE THOMAS PITERS, Unknown; b. Unknown. v. GEORGE WASHINGTON ELKINS, b. 1828; m. ELIZABETH V. HOGERBETZ, Unknown; b. Unknown. 5. vi. WILLIAM LUKENS ELKINS, b. May 02, 1832, Near Wheeling, WVA.
Generation No. 3
4. WILLIAM3 ELKINS (JAMES2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1801. He married SUSAN // Unknown. More About WILLIAM ELKINS: Occupation: Spade Maker Residence: Cheltenham Township, Montgomery Co PA Children of WILLIAM ELKINS and SUSAN // are: 6. i. JOHN REINER4 ELKINS, b. Abt. 1830; d. Aft. 1910, Frankford, Philadelphia PA. ii. WILLIAM ELKINS, b. Abt. 1832. More About WILLIAM ELKINS: 1860 Census: Cheltenham Township, Montgomery County, PA iii. CAROLINE ELKINS, b. Abt. 1834. 5. WILLIAM LUKENS3 ELKINS (GEORGE WASHINGTON2, WILLIAM1) was born May 02, 1832 in Near Wheeling, WVA. He married MARIE LOUISE BROOMELL Unknown, daughter of JAMES BROOMELL and RACHEL BAKER. She was born Unknown. Children of WILLIAM ELKINS and MARIE BROOMELL are: 7. i. ELEANORE4 ELKINS, b. September 21, 1861. ii. GEORGE W. ELKINS, b. September 26, 1858; m. STELLA E. MCINTIRE, Unknown; b. Unknown. iii. IDA AMELIA ELKINS, b. September 26, 1859; d. 1904; m. SIDNEY FREDERICK TAYLOR, Unknown; b. Unknown. iv. WILLIAM LUKENS ELKINS, b. September 26, 1863; d. March 13, 1892; m. KATE FELTON, Unknown; b. Unknown.
Generation No. 4
6. JOHN REINER4 ELKINS (WILLIAM3, JAMES2, WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1830, and died Aft. 1910 in Frankford, Philadelphia PA. He married KATHERINE // Bef. 1853. She was born Unknown. More About JOHN REINER ELKINS: Occupation: Cabinet Maker, Millwright and a Grocer Children of JOHN ELKINS and KATHERINE // are: i. ELLA5 ELKINS, b. Abt. 1853. ii. ORLANDO ELKINS, b. Abt. 1855. iii. SUSAN ELKINS, b. Abt. 1857; m. GEORGE A. BERRY, Unknown; b. Unknown. 8. iv. HARVEY LINCOLN ELKINS, b. July 21, 1862, Philadelphia, PA; d. April 30, 1935, Philadelphia, PA. v. CLARA ELKINS, b. Abt. 1865. 7. ELEANORE4 ELKINS (WILLIAM LUKENS3, GEORGE WASHINGTON2, WILLIAM1) was born September 21, 1861. She married GEORGE DUNTON WIDENER Unknown. He was born Unknown in on the Titanic. Notes for ELEANORE ELKINS: Anne Wiegle Eleanore Elkins was on the Titanic and was rescued. Notes for GEORGE DUNTON WIDENER: Anne Wiegle George Widener along with his wife, Eleanor and son Harry were on the Titanic. Eleanor was the only one to be rescued. George and Harry went down with the ship. Children of ELEANORE ELKINS and GEORGE WIDENER are: i. GEORGE DUNTON5 WIDENER, b. Unknown. ii. HARRY ELKINS WIDENER, b. Unknown; d. 1912, on the Titanic. iii. ELEANOR WIDENER, b. Unknown; m. F. EUGENE DIXON, Unknown; b. Unknown. Notes for ELEANOR WIDENER: Anne Wiegle Eleanor Widener AKA Mrs. Widener-Dixon..
Generation No. 5
8. HARVEY LINCOLN5 ELKINS (JOHN REINER4, WILLIAM3, JAMES2, WILLIAM1) was born July 21, 1862 in Philadelphia, PA, and died April 30, 1935 in Philadelphia, PA. He married MARY LEE CHAPMAN March 27, 1889 in Old St. Lukes Church, Norfolk VA, daughter of WILLIAM CHAPMAN and ABBIE WILSON. She was born Unknown. Children of HARVEY ELKINS and MARY CHAPMAN are: i. DORIS WAYNE6 ELKINS, b. January 17, 1890, Norfolk, VA; d. February 1973, Norristown, PA; m. HAROLD SHOEMAKER BROOMALL, Unknown; b. Unknown. ii. ETHEL CHAPMAN ELKINS, b. May 09, 1895, Philadelphia, PA; d. July 1968, Philadelphia, PA; m. ANTON SIEGFRIED LAU, September 08, 1939; b. Unknown. Notes for ETHEL CHAPMAN ELKINS: Anne Wiegle Ethel and Anton S. Lau had no children. iii. FREDERICK CHAPMAN ELKINS, b. November 20, 1896.
The ELKINS Genealogy Data website information is furnished for the free use of researchers who are interested for the purpose of researching the ELKINS and variational spellings surname. Any commercial use, without the consent of the compiler of these pages is prohibited.
While every effort has been made to provide accurate information, there is no warranty of any kind regarding the accuracy of any information found on the ELKINS Genealogy Data website. Use of any information found on the ELKINS Genealogy Data website is the responsibility of the interested party to research and document the information. This website also contains links to other locations. These links should be considered referrals only and should not be taken as endorsements.