Behler, Downen, Givens, Jones, Schauberger, Sparks, Wiegele
to break out,
if you are trapped in a frame.
Carole Palmer's Posey
County Indiana Ancestors
Rev. Samuel Jones came from Kentucky to Posey County Indiana about 1805 with his wife, Elizabeth Reeves or Robinson (?), who may have been his second wife. They brought with them his children:
It is said Samuel Jones was born in 1764 in Rowan County NC, but we have found no records of him there. He was perhaps the first Regular Baptist minister to preach in Posey County, where he was minister of Bethel Baptist Church.
- Rachel Jones, who had married Thomas Givens in Kentucky
- Michael Jones, who had married Nancy Clark in Kentucky
- my ancestor, Wilson Jones, who married Elizabeth Downen in Posey County in 1815
- David Jones, who married Polly Knox(?)
- Joel Jones, who married Margaret Gamble
- Miriann Jones, who married John B. Moore
- Mary Jones, who married Barnett Moore
While living in Posey County he served as overseer of the poor in Wabash Township in 1808; county treasurer from 1818-1821 and also served for a period as county coroner. His 1833 death is noted in the Minutes of the Twelfth Annual Meeting of the Salem Association of Regular Baptists.
I have further documentation on the lives of this family that I will not be placing online. But I am eager to hear from other persons researching these surnames and will be happy to share my information.
Carole Palmer's Posey County Surnames
GED2HTML v2.5b (4/12/96)
Thu Jul 11 21:19:47 1996
Webster County KYGenWeb Page
1996-2005 by Carole Jones Palmer All Rights Reserved
Commercial use of any information from my Posey County database is prohibited.