DESCENDANTS OF JOHN ROULSTON I
Copyright 2004 Kathleen Bloxsom Wagner
1. John Roulston I. b. Apr
From "The Search for our Ralston Ancestors in
Mercy: Mercy listed as widow of Samuel.
Roulston b. Feb 15 1682, (
2. ii John Roulston II b. Jul 28 1684.
Roulston b. Jul 28 1686, (
Bosworth Roulston b. Nov 28 1688, (
Roulston b. Sep 29 1690, (
2. John Roulston II b. Jul 28 1684, probably
Boston, MA, m. Mar 09 1707, in Boston, MA, Dorothy Nicholson, b. 1687, d. 1721. John died 1744, Augusta Co., VA. Some time before 1742, John II moved from
3. i William Roulston b. 1708.
Roulston b. 1710, possibly
4. iii John Roulston b. Aug 17 1712.
iv Mary Roulston b. 1717, possibly
3. William Roulston b. 1708, possibly Boston, MA, m. abt 1730, in Botetourt Co., VA, Eleanor _____, b. c. 1712, Augusta Co., VA. William died Aug 1767, Staunton, Augusta Co., VA.
Roulston b. (Augusta Co., VA), m.
5. ii David Rolstone b. abt 1734.
6. iii William Roulston b. c. 1740.
7. iv Mathew Roulston b. 1742.
8. v Samuel Roulston b. 1744.
vi Andrew Roulston b. c. 1743, Augusta Co., VA.
4. John Roulston b. Aug 17 1712, Boston, MA, m. Jan 04 1738, in Boston, MA, Ruth Everden, b. 1717, d. 1758. John died 1775.
9. i John Roulston b. 1740.
10. ii George Roulston b. 1744.
iii Thomas Roulston.
5. David Rolstone b. abt 1734, possibly Botetourt Co., VA, m. c. Mar 19 1755, in (Greenbrier Co.), VA, Ann Copeland, b. c. 1728, d. VA. David died 1802, VA. David listed in Greenbrier Co. in 1790 VA Census. David & Ann bought land from Robert & Matthew Rolstone Nov 16 1757 in Augusta Co., VA [Grantee Book 7 Pg 491]. Ann: In a reference to David & Ann(e) Rolstone in the DAR Library, she is identified as "widow." She is identified in Abstracts of Wills of Augusta Co., VA, Will Book #2, as executrix of Benj. Cop(e)land's estate. Ann's death date unknown. Last recorded land transaction of David & Ann was Aug 23 1779; after this Ann not found in documentation.
11. i William Rolstone b. 1757.
12. ii David Rolstone b. Oct 20 1760.
13. iii Henry Rolstone b. abt 1767.
iv Elianor Rolstone b. c. 1756, VA, m. Nicholas Curry, b. abt 1756, VA. Elianor died KY. Went to Fayette Co., KY [Src: L. Mundinger] Nicholas: Father: John Curry
6. William Roulston b. c.
1740, Augusta Co., VA, m. Nov 01 1761, in
i Betsey Rolston. Altho' Betsey is named in her Father's will, she is not one of the children named in the Grantor Records. May have died prior to 1829.
ii William Rolston.
iii David Rolston m. Elisabeth _____.
Rolston m. Jul 14 1788, in
Rolston. Rockingham Co. Tax List
- 1787, List B shows a James Ralston: 1 wh male +16,-21; no blacks; 7 horses,
mules,etc.; 24 head of cattle; and son Robert. [
vi Matthew Rolston.
("Salley") Rolston m. 1803, John Herdman. Named in will of William Roulston (Sr.) dated
Mar 19 1820; referred to as "Sarah Hirdman." [Src: Augusta Co., VA
viii George Rolston.
7. Mathew Roulston b. 1742, Bedford Co., VA, m. 1764, in Looney's Mill, Botetourt Co., VA, Martha "Polly" Moore, b. 1744, Botetourt Co., VA, d. 1801, Jefferson Co., TN. Mathew died aft 12/29/1800, Jefferson Co., TN. Mathew is listed as a Tax Payer in Botetourt Co. 1782-87 [VA Tax Payers- Harrisonburg Public Lib.] Mathew served in the Revolutionary Army in Capt. Mills' company for Augusta Co., VA in 1783. [Src:B.G.Clepper] Mathew sold his land in Botetourt Co. in 1789 and moved to what is now Jefferson Co., TN. [Src:B.G.Clepper] Martha: Daughter of John Moore.
14. i Moses Roulston b. 1766.
ii William Roulston b. 1768, m. Sep 06 1795, Anne Moore. William died 1831.
15. iii Elizabeth Roulston b. Jan 06 1770.
iv Samuel Roulston b. 1775, Looney's Mill, Botetourt Co., VA, m. Betsy Lowry. Samuel died 1830.
16. v Col. James J. Roulston b. Jun 16 1778.
vi Ruth Roulston b. 1781, Looney's Mill,
Botetourt Co., VA, m. Mark Young. Ruth died 1840. Settled near her sister
8. Samuel Roulston b. 1744, Augusta Co., VA,
m. Sep 11 1766, in Augusta Co., VA, Agnes _____. Samuel died 1821, Augusta Co., VA. Died intestate; owned several hundred acres
of land on Muddy Creek. Children's names from Grantor Records, Book 46, Pg.
142, Augusta Co., VA Served in Augusta Co. Militia, Capt. Henderson's
Rolston m. Feb 02 1800, in
ii William Rolston. Resident of Hart Co., KY, in 1821, per Grantor Records (settlement of Samuel's lands) Book 46, Pg. 142, Augusta Co., VA
iii Matthew Rolston m. (1) Mar 17 1799, in Rockingham Co., VA, Jenny Shanklin, m. (2) Oct 27 1808, in Todd Co., KY, Nancy Jones. Went to Christian Co., KY; Resident of Todd Co., KY, in 1821, per Grantor Reco rds (settlement of Samuel's lands) Book 46, Pg. 142, Augusta Co., VA
iv Moses Rolston m. Feb 21 1805, in
v David Rolston m. Nov 20 1792, in Rockingham Co., VA, Susan Mathews. Resident of Christian Co., KY, in 1821, per Grantor Records (settlement of Sam uel's lands) Book 46, Pg. 142, Augusta Co., VA
17. vi Samuel Rolstone b. abt 1786.
Roulston m. Mar 20 1810, in
Augusta Co., VA, Nancy Ailshire. Remained in
viii Ruth Roulston m. Dec 20 1804, in Augusta Co., VA, John Johnston. Ruth died by 1823. At death, left three sons: Thomas, Samuel and John.
ix Mary Roulston m. Dec 17 1801, in Augusta Co., VA, Armstrong Rankin. Armstrong: Children: Amrstrong Rankin Jr., who died in Audrain Co., MO; and Elizabeth, who married a LaFayette Gall.
x Elenor Roulston m. Jan 24 1820, Richard Rankin.
9. John Roulston b. 1740, m. Mary Greenleaf, b. 1742. John died 1803.
Roulston b. Jan 13 1769,
Greenleaf Roulston b. Oct 14 1770,
iii Ruth Roulston b. 1772, d. 1826.
iv Jane Roulston b. 1773, d. 1844.
v Eunice Roulston b. 1775, d. 1854.
vi John Roulston b. 1777.
10. George Roulston b. 1744, m. Mary Stevens. George died 1781.
18. i George Roulston b. 1767.
ii James Roulston b. Jan 16 1771,
Roulston b. Apr 05 1773,
Roulston b. May 15 1775,
Roulston b. Feb 27 1781,