HOME PAGE | JOE AND AMANDA CLAYTON'S PAGE | SEARCH | WHAT'S NEW | GUEST BOOK | E-MAIL
Janette Poole (Jennie) Clayton
And Her Descendants
[Click on a supernumeral to go to the source
[Click on a source number to return to the text]
1. Janette Poole ('Jennie') CLAYTON, fourth daughter and eighth and last child of Joseph Alvey CLAYTON and Margaret Amanda POOLE, was born on 2 Jul 1868 in Navarro County, Texas.1,2 She married Dr. W. Edward BROWN.3,4 She lived in West Texas and died circa Aug 1910 in Merkel, Taylor County, Texas.5,6
Children of Janette Poole ('Jennie') CLAYTON and Dr. W. Edward BROWN were:
1. Maggie Highnote, undated records
(giving only the date). These five pages are marked "Record from Family Bible
(Clayton)" on one page and "Family Record" on another. Two pages are on
letterhead of Charles H. Highnote, 616 S. 15th St., Corsicana, Tex. Some or all are
thought to have been written by Mrs. Highnote from a family bible. The bible probably is
now in the San Jacinto battlefield museum, near Houston, Texas. Joe Guthrie, Corsicana,
Tex., provided copies to Roger Bartlett on 31 May 1973.
2. Supposition as to place, based on family's residence.
3. Frank W. Johnson, A History of Texas and Texans, ed. Eugene C. Barker and Ernest William Winkler (Chicago, Ill.: The American Historical Society, 1914), vol. IV, p. 1728, s.v. "Mitchell S. Clayton" (giving his name as Dr. Edward Brown).
4. Susie Robinson, Corsicana, Tex., letter believed to be to Will Bachman in California, 18 Sep 1938, p. 5 (giving his name as Dr. W. E. Brown).
5. Maggie Highnote, undated records, above (stating that she died in the summer of 1910).
6. Frank W. Johnson, A History of Texas and Texans, above, vol. IV, p. 1728, s.v. "Mitchell S. Clayton" (stating, as of 1914, that she was dead and had died in Merkel, Texas).
7. Index to Texas Death Records (Austin, Tex.: Tex. Dept. of Health, Bur. of Vital Statistics), 1962, vol. 1, p. 153, file 8330.
8. Ellis County, Texas, Cemetery Records, Vol. 2 (Waxahachie, Tex.: Ellis County Gen. Soc'y, 1982), p. 76.
9. Joe Guthrie, Corsicana, Tex., undated biography of Joseph Alvey Clayton, given to Roger Bartlett by Joe Guthrie 31 May 1973, p. 2.
10. Janette Dilworth, 4515 Glenleigh Dr., Dallas, Tex. 75220, letter to Roger Bartlett, 17 May 1973.
Click here to go to the top of this page
Click here to go to the beginning of the sources
Click here to go to Joe and Amanda Clayton's page
Click here to go to the home page
Click here to sign or
view the guest book
This page maintained by Roger A. Bartlett